Champagne. Why?

11 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Did you happen to have any onboard incidents that they had to resolve and now you're forever on their "we're sorry" list?

That's originally what I thought, but not that I can think of. Neither of us are complainers. I the one who will get the wrong meal and just eat it to not complain. Lol. It's just so bizarre. I want to say it's been the last 5 cruises we've had that champagne waiting in the cabin upon boarding. 

Last cruise was hubby & my first as Diamond and we sailed with family that had had an unfortunate flight issue the previous year causing them to miss the cruise.  Brother had been in touch with a rep from Michael Bayley’s office about it.  Well between 3 cabins we had nine bottles of champagne adding to the 6 bottles of wine we carried on.  Daughter took 5 bottles home!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

So, the last probably 5 cruises, we've had this in the cabin and I have no idea why. Any ideas? We're diamond and prime, but outside of that?? 20230616_133224.thumb.jpg.5d3eff3a7f1de00d84a1a497fe2dd178.jpg20230616_1332392.thumb.jpg.512f10c2c924e7e3d3e2a710dab5cd81.jpgDid you happen to be in a suite?  We got one last time, too, and couldn’t figure it out.

We just got one on Liberty last week with the same note. I presumed it was because I found and turned in a purse with money in it under the bed. We've been on a dozen cruises this year and more last year but this is the only time Guest Services has sent champagne to the cabin. In a balcony.

Edited by lovelife
  • Thanks 2

The letter might not even be related to the champagne. It doesn't mention anything like, "Here is a gift to thank you for cruising again."  Maybe it's a perk from your credit card -- like AmEx platinum card or something like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

The letter might not even be related to the champagne. It doesn't mention anything like, "Here is a gift to thank you for cruising again."  Maybe it's a perk from your credit card -- like AmEx platinum card or something like that. 

My letter was taped to the wine bottle that I received.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Did you happen to have any onboard incidents that they had to resolve and now you're forever on their "we're sorry" list?

We received a bottle of wine last cruise and I had no idea why, BUT... It very well could be a result of my reaching out to mbayley about a horribly botched Panama Canal shore excursion last fall. We got a full refund for the excursion and a FCC for a couple days fare.

We're D+ and have done 8 cruises since restart.  We've been on EN, Harmony and Jewel in JS and have not received one.  We did get a bottle of wine at dinner on our cruise in July 2022 when the hotel director found out it was our anniversary.  We had a bad meal on our last EN cruise and received a free Chops filet one night  but that was it.  

20 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Champagne. Why?

Because a decent cab is much more expensive

Not any more.

The cheapest sparking wine is now 68 USD on Anthem per bottle. Best bit is that its a knock off of Moet called 'chandon' from California.  

We received the same note and a bottle of the super cheap (Le Duc  or something like that) sparkling wine on a few cruises at the return to sailing. 

it was a nice gesture, but we don’t care for it so we gave it away on board. 
m

46 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Not any more.

The cheapest sparking wine is now 68 USD on Anthem per bottle. Best bit is that its a knock off of Moet called 'chandon' from California.  

Joking?  Knock off?  

Moet produces Chandon. 
m

• Like 1