Equinox Menu - Main Dining Upcharges Showing on App

thebutlerdidit

With all of the cuts what is next?

I would suppose that they will go to one a day cleaning or once every other day cleaning.  I just got back from a Hilton stay and they cleaned once every 5 days.  I am exiting Hilton.  I was still impressed with Hyatt.

• Like 3

Just now, NMTraveller said:

I would suppose that they will go to one a day cleaning or once every other day cleaning.  I just got back from a Hilton stay and they cleaned once every 5 days.  I am exiting Hilton.  I was still impressed with Hyatt.

I hope they aren’t following a year behind Royal on all this crap. I pay for an elevated experience. Royal is not even enjoyable anymore they’re cut so many corners.  

• Like 2

Once again though, these are changes that have zero impact on the Retreat, well beyond there being rather less appealing options to order from the MDR menu if the unchanging Luminae menu doesn't appeal on a particular night...

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I for one have been a big proponent of offer better food for an upcharge assuming it didn't replace any complimentary items.  This includes sticking to tiny spiny tail lobsters, I at least hope they're changing to Maine lobsters like RCI and Carnival

I’m a proponent of offering better food than a double cheeseburger, Turkey Parmesan,  tilapia and various forms of pasta at the prices X charges.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, gerelmx said:

from other thread

lot's of comments on some Royal Caribbean groups, saying that they weren't getting any lobster on formal nights either.

Last month on Royal, there was no upcharge for 1 lobster, but a charge if you wanted more than 1. My celebrity menu for the summit next month is showing a charge for lobster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Think we discussed this on another thread. Have stayed at Hilton properties probably 30 or so nights so far this year and many more last. Was able to get daily housekeeping every single day in every single hotel.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Think we discussed this on another thread. Have stayed at Hilton properties probably 30 or so nights so far this year and many more last. Was able to get daily housekeeping every single day in every single hotel.

Without calling them up or going to the front desk?  A vacation should be easy and hassle-free.  The last HIlton I was at did not answer their phone so had to go to the front desk...

Edited by NMTraveller

6 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Without calling them up or going to the front desk?  A vacation should be easy and hassle-free.  The last HIlton I was at did not answer their phone so had to go to the front desk...

OMG you poor thing. 😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

I stayed at a Hilton property in March and asked for housekeeping four times. Never got it. Then I asked for a manager and was told there wasn't one. I am glad you have been lucky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I hope someone who orders the upcharge filet will post a picture and a description.  I wouldn’t mind paying $20 for a nice size filet that was cooked to order.  But I certainly would have a problem if it isn’t really filet mignon or it isn’t cooked as I ordered it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I’m a proponent of offering better food than a double cheeseburger, Turkey Parmesan,  tilapia and various forms of pasta at the prices X charges.  

Reading all of this is VERY upsetting!! I’ve also looked at the app for our July , 30th 6 night Equinox sailing and the menus are new and pretty much awful!!! We have taken 5 post pandemic Celebrity sailings, and while we saw a downgrade in the food options and quality, this takes the cake!!! We don’t eat meat, and always relied on a good fish option. The salmon on 1 or 2 nights always a good backup. Now who knows!! Worst part - my brother and SIL are coming on this cruise with us. They don’t travel much at all and we have always RAVED  about Celebrity to them . Sounds like this may be very embarrassing - especially seeing a cheeseburger on the dinner menu and 2 nights of tilapia- the cheapest fish you can buy. We never eat it and neither do they!! 

I don’t care about the lobster being eliminated BUT downgrading the menus to this will take Celerity way down!!! Following our July cruise on the Equinox 🤞🤞🤞we may need to rethink the next 7 cruises we have booked with Celebrity!! Paying their prices and then struggling each evening on what to eat- that’s not our idea of a vacation - especially at the current prices!!! 

Coincidentally the other day we looked at the new RCCL menus and said no way can we do this !! And we used to LOVE the OASIS ships- particularly Symphony. Now it appears Celebrity has downgraded along with them! 

Thanks to all for the insight on the new food offerings !  CELEBRITY,  HOPE YOU READING ALL OF THESE COMMENTS AND TAKE NOTE HOW UPSET YOUR MOST LOYAL CRUISERS ARE!! NOT THE WAY TO KEEP US COMING BACK!! 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

Reading all of this is VERY upsetting!! I’ve also looked at the app for our July , 30th 6 night Equinox sailing and the menus are new and pretty much awful!!! We have taken 5 post pandemic Celebrity sailings, and while we saw a downgrade in the food options and quality, this takes the cake!!! We don’t eat meat, and always relied on a good fish option. The salmon on 1 or 2 nights always a good backup. Now who knows!! Worst part - my brother and SIL are coming on this cruise with us. They don’t travel much at all and we have always RAVED  about Celebrity to them . Sounds like this may be very embarrassing - especially seeing a cheeseburger on the dinner menu and 2 nights of tilapia- the cheapest fish you can buy. We never eat it and neither do they!! 

I don’t care about the lobster being eliminated BUT downgrading the menus to this will take Celerity way down!!! Following our July cruise on the Equinox 🤞🤞🤞we may need to rethink the next 7 cruises we have booked with Celebrity!! Paying their prices and then struggling each evening on what to eat- that’s not our idea of a vacation - especially at the current prices!!! 

Coincidentally the other day we looked at the new RCCL menus and said no way can we do this !! And we used to LOVE the OASIS ships- particularly Symphony. Now it appears Celebrity has downgraded along with them! 

Thanks to all for the insight on the new food offerings !  CELEBRITY,  HOPE YOU READING ALL OF THESE COMMENTS AND TAKE NOTE HOW UPSET YOUR MOST LOYAL CRUISERS ARE!! NOT THE WAY TO KEEP US COMING BACK!! 

Write the CEO with your thoughts, change to these menus won’t happen unless we speak up. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Silkroad said:

For those ready to abandon Celebrity, I am curious about one thing. Which cruise line do you believe has a product similar to Celebrity’s pre-pandemic product? We haven’t sailed any other line, and based on complaints about other lines, we don’t see an obvious choice. We are not interested in larger vessels, and we’re unsure about smaller vessels (like Azamara) with minuscule cabins combined with higher prices. We’re looking at HAL and Princess for some of their interesting itineraries, but we see complaints there too. 

MDR food on the Statendam (12/22) and Rotterdam (2/23) was VERY good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Prices are way up and now quality is slipping even more.  Everything but the burgers appears to be slathered in tomato paste.  You know this change has hit a nerve when the big social media site is full of negative comments as well.  If we wanted a Royal Caribbean experience we would have booked one.  3 Celebrity cruises on the schedule, but we are holding off any future bookings. Hate the chintzy nickel and dime atmosphere.  

• Like 3