Did Manfredi’s remove the Chicken Parmigiana from their menu? It was there in March of 2023.

Iloveketo

1 hour ago, gailellen12 said:

Where can I find a copy of the most recent Manfredis menu?  Leave on the Viking Sea to West Indies in two weeks. Thanks

This was a month ago on the Viking Neptune.

Others have posted that their Waiters/Restaurant Managers recently have said they are trying out 4 slightly different Manfredi's menu.   But we've only seen this one new one in 3 cruises in 2023.  

IMG_1890ManfredisMenu.thumb.JPG.476dd2d4755b3c6e0b23c7b27e1cb2c2.JPG

IMG_1898DessertMenu.thumb.JPG.47e16c26be03df33c5c1999896233941.JPG

17 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Others have posted that their Waiters/Restaurant Managers recently have said they are trying out 4 slightly different Manfredi's menu.   But we've only seen this one new one in 3 cruises in 2023.  

Thanks

It is always disappointing when a favorite gets dropped for the menu at a restaurant you enjoy.  I was sad to see steak tartare dropped from the Mamsen's menu during the pandemic.

Edited by Dukefan

Menu pictured above is same as we had on Hawaiian Islands Sojourn, Star, 28 Dec 2023.

Was also told they have 4 different menus, but only this one was offered.

Regrettably no Osso Bucco, and no Amarone Chocolate dessert.  Had the new Castanea dessert, and it was fabulous.

Hope this menu is offered in the summer. I do love the chicken parm. The risotto with gorgonzola looks good as does the dessert FetaCheese mentioned, Castanea.

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2024 at 10:48 AM, CCWineLover said:

The same menu on Viking Sea for the past two weeks.  Still yummy. 😊

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SantaFe1 said:

We tried the new menu in Manfredis last night, menu #4.  And like most others really missed the old menu.  This is most definitely NOT Italian.  We were told that about 90% complained about the change in menu.  I hope we get another menu in May for our BIE cruise. 

Thanks for your report! Do you have a picture of the menu? Can you provide more info regarding what made it "NOT Italian?"

On 6/27/2023 at 1:12 PM, Iloveketo said:

He just had it 3 months ago. 

As far as I'm concerned, they can take it off. I love the food we've had there - except for the one time with chicken parm. It was more like a big chicken pattie (like you'd buy in the frozen grocery section) with sauce and cheese on top. Not at all what I expected. I never got it again since. Glad to hear it has apparently improved.

Edited by OnTheJourney

18 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

As far as I'm concerned, they can take it off. I love the food we've had there - except for the one time with chicken parm. It was more like a big chicken pattie (like you'd buy in the frozen grocery section) with sauce and cheese on top. Not at all what I expected. I never got it again since. Glad to hear it has apparently improved.

It was offered and I ordered it a few nights ago on Star.  It was exactly as you describe, a disappointment, I’d never order it again and would gladly see it replaced with just about anything else.  We had a nice meal at Manfredi but the chicken parm was by far the low point of the meal.

37 minutes ago, jondfk said:

It was offered and I ordered it a few nights ago on Star.  It was exactly as you describe, a disappointment, I’d never order it again and would gladly see it replaced with just about anything else.  We had a nice meal at Manfredi but the chicken parm was by far the low point of the meal.

My husband also had it and didn’t bother to finish it.  A big, dry slab of meat on the plate.  I only tasted a small bite, but the tomato sauce had the distinctive taste of being canned.  My seafood risotto, which is a favorite, was also just inedible.  They served it on a flat dinner plate instead of a shallow bowl, so it did t look very appetizing to begin with.  And the rice was just tasteless, and the seafood almost nonexistent.  It was like eating the proverbial wallpaper paste.  Now I make risotto in some form almost once a month, straight from recipes from Marcella Hazan.  And we go to Milan just to eat risotto, so I think I know real Italian risotto.  But I’m sure some liked both of these things, so each to their own.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My favorite, risotto with escargot, has apparently also been removed.  It is delicious!  You could actually taste the snails.  The chef offered to make it specially for me when I asked why no longer on the menu.  I do think Viking has cheapened the food—hence the drastic changes in something basic like chicken parm.  In addition, it so depends on the chef as we sailed the same ship back to back when there was a chef change—you could tell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jondfk said:

We had a nice meal at Manfredi but the chicken parm was by far the low point of the meal.

Wow...so it hasn't improved! They're not investing much money on that entree. It really reminded me of a frozen patty. We make those at home in the microwave for a quick supper  😁

7 hours ago, WanderingBrit said:

It looks as if the Gnocchi is back to a more traditional recipe rather than the Polenta patties we had last summer? Quite a disappointment after how good the Gnocchi had been previously.

That is not polenta, it is Roman Gnocchi, made with semolina. We make it every Christmas. I much prefer to the other gnocchi varieties.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:12 AM, FetaCheese said:

Had the new Castanea dessert, and it was fabulous.

I found it really disappointing - ever since I spent a week in Corsica, I've been dreaming of chestnut-flavored everything (seriously, chestnut yogurt, chestnut bread,  chestnut spread...)   Manfredi's Castanea isn't awful, but the chocolate really clanged - completely overwhelmed the chestnut.  It might as well have been Nutella.