Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

1 hour ago, little britain said:

The 12 Japan itineraries sell like hot cakes.. the one after mine is “supposedly” sold out already for March 2025 

I don’t know why Royal doesn’t do these cruises especially with the new Tokyo Terminal. An Oasis Ship could should be possible also on this run. 

9 hours ago, little britain said:

The 12 Japan itineraries sell like hot cakes.. the one after mine is “supposedly” sold out already for March 2025 

Tentatively looking at this sort of thing for spring 2026. Do you know roughly when they might go on sale?

22 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Isn’t the whole point of Quantum class that it’s more of an ‘indoor’ ship and WAS designed specifically for ‘cold’ markets like the UK? Yet we Brits still moaned about being sent Anthem every year despite her being a hugely impressive ship, second only to Oasis class which is clearly incompatible with the UK.

<major snip>

Hello,

I am not disagreeing with you, but as I think back to the number of times I've performed a quick sprint along Anthem's deck 14 fwd to aft, in the cold, rain and wind, I wonder what about it was better suited to the climate than other ships I've sailed on.

Here is something I do no know. I've never sailed on an Oasis ship. Can anyone that *has* sailed on it tell me what's it's like when it rains and does the rain get into the gap along the centre of the ship?

Regards,

Cublet

7 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I am not disagreeing with you, but as I think back to the number of times I've performed a quick sprint along Anthem's deck 14 fwd to aft, in the cold, rain and wind, I wonder what about it was better suited to the climate than other ships I've sailed on.

Here is something I do no know. I've never sailed on an Oasis ship. Can anyone that *has* sailed on it tell me what's it's like when it rains and does the rain get into the gap along the centre of the ship?

Regards,

Cublet

Yes, when it rains that gap (which is Central Park) gets wet! It’s good for the plants though!

Oasis class ships rely heavily on outdoor facilities like Central Park, the Aquatheatre, Boardwalk and waterpark to keep passengers occupied but if it’s cold and wet they tend to be deserted. Yet 6,000 people have to go somewhere so the remaining indoor venues just become very crowded.

Of course the open decks on Quantum class will also get wet, but more of their activities and large venues are under cover like 270, Seaplex and a much larger Music Hall, so there are more places to go when it’s cold and wet. And crucially, Q class ships have a pool with a retractable roof.

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Tentatively looking at this sort of thing for spring 2026. Do you know roughly when they might go on sale?

From the roll call start date, looks like they went on sale around March 

Edited by little britain
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

You get wet! You have to use the cabin corridor  to get around deck 8 as cannot walk through CP; and the whole aft area of Boardwalk on 6 is unusable… you get soaked getting to Playmakers bar. 

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

You get wet going to the specialty dining in Central Park, too.  We had pouring rain during the TA the night we dined at Giovanni's.  But they had umbrellas just outside as you entered CP and they had umbrellas in the restaurant, too.

5 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Yes, when it rains that gap (which is Central Park) gets wet! It’s good for the plants though!

Oasis class ships rely heavily on outdoor facilities like Central Park, the Aquatheatre, Boardwalk and waterpark to keep passengers occupied but if it’s cold and wet they tend to be deserted. Yet 6,000 people have to go somewhere so the remaining indoor venues just become very crowded.

Of course the open decks on Quantum class will also get wet, but more of their activities and large venues are under cover like 270, Seaplex and a much larger Music Hall, so there are more places to go when it’s cold and wet. And crucially, Q class ships have a pool with a retractable roof.

Hello,

One of the many differences between Royal's ships and Cunard's is that if you are sat indoors it is in a venue that Royal expects you to be paying for something to be there, whereas on Cunard you might have died in your wingback chair three days ago and not be disturbed.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Another move that is possible is swapping Ovation and Quantum around in April 2025.

Sending Quantum and Anthem to Alaska as the upgraded ships. 
Ovation will go elsewhere. 
Quantum would work Ovation’s Trans Pacific. 
Any thoughts.

Given that Ovation already has a TP scheduled in April 2025 and Quantum has nothing currently up for sale, I would say that it would be Ovation to Alaska alongside Anthem. I would presume that as Anthem is leaving Asia, she would be replaced by Quantum, which already has some adaptations for this market.

Edited by Jumping Cruiser

On 8/22/2023 at 5:04 AM, springaussie said:

Another move that is possible is swapping Ovation and Quantum around in April 2025.

Sending Quantum and Anthem to Alaska as the upgraded ships. 
Ovation will go elsewhere. 
Quantum would work Ovation’s Trans Pacific. 
Any thoughts.

I don’t Ovation hasn’t really been to the Atlantic ,they say a change is as good as a holiday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

Slightly off topic Celebrity is pulling out of South America 24/25.

Celebrity Equinox is off to Port Canaveral instead. 

They cancelled Patagonia cruise for Feb '25 on Equinox as well. 

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

Damn. A Celebrity cruise in South America is high on my want list.

Any idea on their reasoning?

7 hours ago, springaussie said:

Shame! That Santiago to San Diego itinerary is high on my bucket list… will have to do it on Azamara.

How many ships do they want going to the same boring (imho) Caribbean ports and blinking PDCC ( zero interest!) ?!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, little britain said:

Shame! That Santiago to San Diego itinerary is high on my bucket list… will have to do it on Azamara.

I did Port Everglades to Valparaiso on Celebrity Infinity.  Great cruise!

Celebrity Infinity - 14 days - Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) to Cartagena (Columbia), Panama Canal, Manta (Ecuador), Callao/Lima (Peru), Arica (Chile), Coquimbo/LaSerena (Chile) to Valparaiso (Chile) - November 11-25, 2007

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 9:52 AM, Jumping Cruiser said:

You’re right, it just doesn’t make sense. I suppose at least it’s a newer Quantum Class, rather than a Freedom Class. There would be even less to do in the cold then! 

Boggles the mind, truly. 7 day round trip same old same old PC, Nassau, CC with 4 days of no outdoor time unless you are wearing a coat, hat and gloves. At the minimum they should convert one of the pools to an outdoor skating rink to pretend as if they are serving the market 😁. I can anticipate the surveys, all complaining about the solarium being overrun with kids... Lose for families and lose for couples/solos/adult groups. Isn't there another QC that has an indoor family pool other than Anthem?