Where do you get your deal for a cruise on Celebrity

Casanova02

I’m in Canada & we book directly with Celebrity. We have booked with agencies in the past & haven’t found much difference in pricing. And it’s been my experience that the phone reps are quite helpful. 

• Like 5

Canadian as well.  I always try to get to the Canadian website - not always redirected exactly and the best way is from an email. If you dont subscribe to Celebrity, might want to as the emails will give you new sales

PS. your English is great

• Like 1

Travel agents have to comply with the minimum advertised price set by Celebrity if they want to get paid a commission.  The only way to get a lesser price is via a group cruise or the travel agent can give you OBC or other gifts/rebates. Naming individual travel agents or websites is not allowed as others have pointed out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I always try to seek out a GROUP rate.  Have saved as much as 50% and they are always refundable.  (PS I am not Canadian - if that makes a difference)

The only way to do that is with a travel agent, right?  Celebrity itself would not sell a cruise with a group rate I think

• Like 1

I find it interesting in that almost everyone thinks that they have gotten the best fare - must be human nature.  It appears to me that that many industries, especially travel,  intentionally keep their costs confusing to make it difficult to compare prices.  As far as cruise prices, I have found that there are no short cuts to find a significant difference in the fares.  It is my opinion that the cruise line web site is usually the highest - makes no sense to me. To find a "good deal", you need to find a travel agent that is promoting a "group fare", especially for you are looking for a refundable deposit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Canadian as well.  I always try to get to the Canadian website - not always redirected exactly and the best way is from an email. If you dont subscribe to Celebrity, might want to as the emails will give you new sales

Re the Canadian website...go to the very bottom (in black) of X homepage and you can indicate your 'country'.  I've never been redirected to the American web.  Perhaps your profile isn't indicating Canada as your home country?

image.thumb.png.b0a0373a4fe7fd1c9350f40e5cd07b85.png

Edited by Oceangoer2

17 hours ago, Casanova02 said:

Hi

I'm from Canada and I have a question for fellow Canadians. May I know where you get your deals or best price for a cruise on Celebrity ?

Thanks in advance

mon français est mauvais....so your English is way ahead of my French...🙃

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I use a US based TA.

I would prefer to spend my dollars locally but all the TA I called in Ontario do not offer OBC. 

I now use a US based TA and he has given me great service and awesome OBC. My understanding is they kickback some of their commission to clients as OBC. 
(When I suggested that to an agent with one of the popular cruise sites, she flat out refused to consider it.)

We have 3 more cruises booked with him and all with substantial OBC for all the cabins in each booking. 
While I’d prefer to support the local economy at the end of the day I work hard for my trips so whoever gives me the best deal is who I book with. 

Unfortunately I’m unable to give you details but do search online with various US based agencies and compare the deals out there. 

Good luck. I know it’s scary making the initial booking and hoping it all works out well. 

Edited by dock
  • Thanks 1

I use a ta. To get the awesome deal for my September equinox cruise, I just gave her some parameters (preferred islands and ideal month for travel) and let her watch for sales. 
and she gave be obc additional to what was offered by X. 
In Ontario, travel agents are protected with TICO, which is why I always book with a ta. 
And yes, my pricing was about 40% lower than what a phone agent from X was offering. I have no idea if she found a group rate, all I know is I believe I got an amazing price. 

• Like 1

I book directly through Celebrity. I don't think I get the very best deal, I'm sure I could save a few hundred through a TA, or get more OBC or other extras through a TA. However, I like doing it myself and not dealing with a third party. So that's why I opt for booking direct. 

• Like 7

Quebecer here (still part of Canada 🥴). About 80 cruises over 30 years, different cruiselines, Elite+ with Celebrity. I always book with various US travel agencies because of  group rates or 10% kickback OBC (I have no loyalty to any TA). The exchange between USD/CAD usually works out to about the same cost to my pocketbook and sometimes (often) I have benefitted by watching exchange rates before final payments (if the CAD$ goes up, I pay down a bit or the entire balance). Strangely, not sure about now, but when Azamara was still part of the Royal group, booking with the Canadian site in CAD was extremely advantageous; rarely, did this happen with Celebrity. Bottom line, it has been my experience that the Celebrity site and travel agencies have identical prices but the TAs frequently throw in bonuses such as Grats/drink package upgrades/OBC, etc.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Basketball wife said:

Quebecer here (still part of Canada 🥴). About 80 cruises over 30 years, different cruiselines, Elite+ with Celebrity. I always book with various US travel agencies because of  group rates or 10% kickback OBC (I have no loyalty to any TA). The exchange between USD/CAD usually works out to about the same cost to my pocketbook and sometimes (often) I have benefitted by watching exchange rates before final payments (if the CAD$ goes up, I pay down a bit or the entire balance). Strangely, not sure about now, but when Azamara was still part of the Royal group, booking with the Canadian site in CAD was extremely advantageous; rarely, did this happen with Celebrity. Bottom line, it has been my experience that the Celebrity site and travel agencies have identical prices but the TAs frequently throw in bonuses such as Grats/drink package upgrades/OBC, etc.

@Basketball wife How do you find the various TAs? Google search? Referrals?

No TA in the UK can beat the Celebrity direct price if I claim military discount. Nor can the US TAs I have asked. A blanket 10% excl. Port taxes. 

My neighbour is a cruise TA. My understanding is that they are giving up percentages of their commission to get your business. They still achieve targets and get a bit of commission. Not sure how that affects group rates. 

I seem to be constantly walking her dog when she is on the phone selling cruises. The next time I need to book a non-Celebrity cruise she will offer the minimum possible price,plus a little, for a cruise so that I have a negotiating platform for other TAs. Personally I would not trust her to book me a taxi!

I understand that CC now has a website/APP selling cruises.

• Like 1

Our local newspaper still has a Saturday travel section. There are usually 5-10 cruises advertised with different local TA’s. That might be a place to start looking for a local agent? If nothing else, it will be a springboard to get you some inspiration and ideas?

• Thanks 2

Satire but true...Don't be picky with the itinerary, every sailing we meet a couple who says something like "been to all these ports a bunch of times so we don't get off the ship!"...Repos/TAs/TPs, the Mexican Rivera and the sailings out of Puerto Rico generally have the best prices and as a bonus there's a fair chance the ship won't be close to full

• Like 4

On 7/16/2023 at 8:44 PM, 1Virgo said:

Thank you.  I try hard 

• Like 1

First, thank you all for the precious informations

I'm with the same TA for over 25-30 years and first, I do my research (company, ship, cabin, date etc.) and tell them without the price I found and most of the time, they have the same price I have and sometimes higher.... Never came lower than mine.... And never had OBC from them

Well, I wondering why I stay with them......  

2 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Our local newspaper still has a Saturday travel section. There are usually 5-10 cruises advertised with different local TA’s. That might be a place to start looking for a local agent? If nothing else, it will be a springboard to get you some inspiration and ideas?

What is a newspaper 🤔😁😉

• Haha 6

21 hours ago, mpk said:

The only way to do that is with a travel agent, right?  Celebrity itself would not sell a cruise with a group rate I think

Right - I have not ever booked into a Group rate with Celebrity.  Travel Agent or Big Box is what I have used.

Edited by VitaminSea53
Clarity