Complainers. Why?

I think that people complain on these boards because they want things to change back to the way they were promised they would be.  I doubt decision makers for the cruise lines read these boards but stranger things have happened.

I love half and half in my coffee.  Would I cancel a Royal cruise because they lied about half and half being in the labeled carafes?  Probably not.  But it does make me wonder as far as other things promised.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

Sometimes I complain about the things my kids do..... doesn't mean I want them out of my life or to trade for new ones.......

great reply.   thanks I enjoyed it.  People complain for a reason and it others do not like it smile or just avoid.   

Okay I have spent the day mulling this over. I thought "lie" was bit over-the-top but that is just his way of starting the conversation. This what my wife did when she encountered the same thing several cruises ago. She went out and bought a box of half and half  with individual servings. Problem solved but we do wonder what else what we might be missing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

Sometimes I complain about the things my kids do..... doesn't mean I want them out of my life or to trade for new ones.......

While this is so so very true, I do bet you discuss w/ your children what you think they do is wrong in an effort to bring to their attention ways to improve. Unlike the OP on the LIE thread that failed to communicate to the powers to be so but decided the best way to fix the problem was to tell us. I can't imagine you telling your butcher, hair stylist, or complete strangers the issues of your children thinking this would help them.

Something tells me that the 'H&H' container still has milk in it and few if any employees know to care.  

• Haha 1

I, too, see it as two types of complainers- some who do it to tell others there may be issues. And others who go over the top and think that a small issue is a lie that comes from high. 

And to me, the point of the complaint is totally different. One is to help other cruisers, the other is to scare off cruisers. 

The other issue with the complaints is when people offer a rational explanation are constantly labeled cheerleaders or loyalists or crazy. That gets really old, and before long, all of the rational people will just move on. And the complainers are bothered when you suggest moving on when they are clearly trying to make people worried about cruising. Somehow it’s bad to tell the complainer to do exactly what they threaten to do, lol. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, basenji56 said:

I think that people complain on these boards because they want things to change back to the way they were promised they would be.  I doubt decision makers for the cruise lines read these boards but stranger things have happened.

I love half and half in my coffee.  Would I cancel a Royal cruise because they lied about half and half being in the labeled carafes?  Probably not.  But it does make me wonder as far as other things promised.  

Promised?  

Like a pinky promise?  Man I feel left out.  I just click to agree to a contract that has no promises about small things like half & half.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

Promised?  

Like a pinky promise?  Man I feel left out.  I just click to agree to a contract that has no promises about small things like half & half.   

If they promise gluten free, is it a pinky promise if they lie?

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

I missed that they stopped offering gluten free.  Bummer.  

They say they offer it. How do we know they aren’t lying? Why should someone with gluten issues believe them if they lie about other foods? 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

I think we all complain because the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The half and half/only once a day cabin service/outrageous price for a cabana/cold food complainers complain hoping Royal will change things.

I like to think of that as constructive feedback in order to help Royal enhance our future cruise experience. 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jt4428 said:

Just really curious why all the complainers and people who think that RC lied, blah blah blah, why they still cruise with them? If it's so bad give your money elsewhere.

True. Though long as they keep giving me generous FCC for onboard issues I'll keep sailing them 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jt4428 said:

Just really curious why all the complainers and people who think that RC lied, blah blah blah, why they still cruise with them? If it's so bad give your money elsewhere.

Not all complainers still sail with them or their sister line Celebrity. i vote with my wallet and the last time they got a penny from me was July 2018.Celebrity got their last penny in May 2019. The product they currently offer isn’t worth my time or money. 

I’m not going anywhere, I have the right, like everybody else, to voice my opinion.

It’s sad there are people out there that can’t believe that people don’t think the way they do.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jt4428 said:

Just really curious why all the complainers and people who think that RC lied, blah blah blah

Why?  for the same reason some people complain from the moment they set foot on the ship.  We see them every cruise,  nothing is ever right,  the food is never good, the service is always slow,  and on and on and on. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

You know what they call someone who is happy with everything, all the time. A simpleton. 

PRAGMATIC: dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations

So another way of saying, "it is what it is"  and that is simple.  I call it a good attitude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, twangster said:

I doubt decision makers for the cruise lines read these boards but stranger things have happened.

I can tell you they do indeed pay attention to these boards, I spoke with Laly Rodrigues about that and she said  "Yes, I noticed that", so even the head of Customer Services company wide at least gets reports from a flunky about it.

14 hours ago, basenji56 said:

But it does make me wonder as far as other things promised.  

I don't even wonder, what difference does it make.  I love cruising...anyway.  I've been remarking about the high pricing on ICON, did it stop me booking....NOT!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I can tell you they do indeed pay attention to these boards, I spoke with Laly Rodrigues about that and she said  "Yes, I noticed that", so even the head of Customer Services company wide at least gets reports from a flunky about it.

Well, then that tells you the value of cruisers raising concerns about problems.  

If people don't complain, nothing will improve.  Remember-these are companies that are obsessed with getting a 10 of 10 rating from their customers.

• Like 5