Drink question for Diamond member

8 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Is that official or negotiated? I have never seen that on stateroom lists. I thought that only applied to unlimited dining package.

It is official, you may use one of your daily vouchers to get $40 off of a bottle of wine under 100. 

m

8 hours ago, whoshwhosh said:

What would be an appropriate tip for the lounge bartender if having 1 drink?

I tip $1-2 per drink. $1 if I am simply asking for them to pour a glass of wine. $2 if I’m getting something that requires mixing.

Have no way to know if that  is appropriate or what others tip. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It is official, you may use one of your daily vouchers to get $40 off of a bottle of wine under 100. 

m

Thanks, must have missed that announcement but I prefer spirits anyway. 

We already struggle to get through wine amenities, carry-on and 50% off beer or wine but I can see it might be useful if you are traveling with a group.

46 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks, must have missed that announcement but I prefer spirits anyway. 

We already struggle to get through wine amenities, carry-on and 50% off beer or wine but I can see it might be useful if you are traveling with a group.

When I went back to check a recent letter it notes that you can a voucher for 40% off  wine under $100  or 20% off for wines over $100.  

Cheers!

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

Diamond drink question if a different sort...my daughter just turned 18, no more kid C&A perks for her, but will she be allowed to order non-alcoholic options?   She is D+ in her own count, we've been cruising for years.  I just never thought about her new perks lol.  

36 minutes ago, NanciRDH said:

Diamond drink question if a different sort...my daughter just turned 18, no more kid C&A perks for her, but will she be allowed to order non-alcoholic options?   She is D+ in her own count, we've been cruising for years.  I just never thought about her new perks lol.  

She will have 5 vouchers loaded on her card that can be used for non alcoholic drinks 

3 minutes ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

We will be Diamond after next RC cruise.  I am confused -- are you REQUIRED to use a voucher to get a bottle of wine @ 40% off?

No you choose when you use them. Just stare when ordering although if you are ordering a bottle it is probably better value.

Edited by c-leg5

1 hour ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

We will be Diamond after next RC cruise.  I am confused -- are you REQUIRED to use a voucher to get a bottle of wine @ 40% off?

You are not required to buy a bottle of wine.  You are not required to use one of your vouchers towards a bottle of wine.  However, if you want a bottle of wine, and have a daily voucher, then using it for a wine discount could be a good benefit.  You may use a voucher for any beverage up to $14.

M

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 2:28 AM, hammo said:

I think I read somewhere here that you have to use one ot the 4 "vouchers" to get the 40% off ? Hope not .

There are several perks loaded on your card. The 40% off perk is separate from your free drink vouchers. There is only one 40% off voucher loaded on your card so you can only use that discount once. You do not need to use one of your free drink vouchers to receive 40% off a bottle of wine.

29 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

There are several perks loaded on your card. The 40% off perk is separate from your free drink vouchers. There is only one 40% off voucher loaded on your card so you can only use that discount once. You do not need to use one of your free drink vouchers to receive 40% off a bottle of wine.

That is certainly different than what is stated in the C&A benefits.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

5 Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four (4) complimentary drink vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five (5) complimentary drink vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six (6) complimentary vouchers up to $14 in value ($13 on Singapore sailings and $15 on Australia sailings). These vouchers can be used at any time and at any bar onboard or onshore at our private destinations. Drink vouchers may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100. Every time a drink voucher is redeemed, a zero-dollar ($0) receipt will be provided and must be signed. Youth members will receive the same daily allotment of complimentary vouchers as their parents of the same tier and may be used toward the purchase of non-alcoholic beverages (including mocktails). All drink vouchers reset daily at 5:00am and are redeemable until 4:59am the next day. Excludes Starbucks and Bionic Bar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to echo others, do not use your vouchers in the dining room. They can't seem to understand the problem that one person being tapped out could affect them later if a couple doesn't stick together the rest of the evening. I've also been charged two vouchers for an Irish coffee, one for the shot and one for the specialty coffee. Regular coffee would have been fine but they didn't ask. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is certainly different than what is stated in the C&A benefits.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

5 Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four (4) complimentary drink vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five (5) complimentary drink vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six (6) complimentary vouchers up to $14 in value ($13 on Singapore sailings and $15 on Australia sailings). These vouchers can be used at any time and at any bar onboard or onshore at our private destinations. Drink vouchers may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100. Every time a drink voucher is redeemed, a zero-dollar ($0) receipt will be provided and must be signed. Youth members will receive the same daily allotment of complimentary vouchers as their parents of the same tier and may be used toward the purchase of non-alcoholic beverages (including mocktails). All drink vouchers reset daily at 5:00am and are redeemable until 4:59am the next day. Excludes Starbucks and Bionic Bar.

Hmm. My apologies. I wonder if something has changed in the last couple of years? I haven't bought wine onboard in a couple of years but the last time I did, I don't remember having to use a voucher to get the discount. Or maybe I was just lucky. 😃

4 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Hmm. My apologies. I wonder if something has changed in the last couple of years? I haven't bought wine onboard in a couple of years but the last time I did, I don't remember having to use a voucher to get the discount. Or maybe I was just lucky. 😃

This is a new benefit (last 6 months).  Prior to that the only way you received 40% off the bottle of wine was with the dining package.

Are you by chance thinking of the 50% off any glass of wine coupon...that is still available

6 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Just to echo others, do not use your vouchers in the dining room. They can't seem to understand the problem that one person being tapped out could affect them later if a couple doesn't stick together the rest of the evening. I've also been charged two vouchers for an Irish coffee, one for the shot and one for the specialty coffee. Regular coffee would have been fine but they didn't ask. 

Last cruise was on Quantum 10 night.  At least four trips to guest services to have the voucher mistakes from MDR taken care of.  After the first night the waiters never asked for a sea pass card, they would take all voucher drinks from just my card. After a few nights I asked that they take one drink from my voucher and one drink from my wife's voucher, they responded with a sure no problem.  A few hours later I was back at GS to have charges removed as I was told by the Vintages bartender that I had no vouchers left.  We still had great waiters and enjoyed MDR. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is a new benefit (last 6 months).  Prior to that the only way you received 40% off the bottle of wine was with the dining package.

Are you by chance thinking of the 50% off any glass of wine coupon...that is still available

No, the discount was on a bottle. Another couple we were traveling with also bought a bottle and we shared them in the MDR. I'm getting old 😁, my memory isn't what it used to be. Could this have been long ago when they still delivered paper coupons to your stateroom?

10 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

No, the discount was on a bottle. Another couple we were traveling with also bought a bottle and we shared them in the MDR. I'm getting old 😁, my memory isn't what it used to be. Could this have been long ago when they still delivered paper coupons to your stateroom?

It could have been or the ship could just have been running a special

On 8/2/2023 at 5:25 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

I tip $1-2 per drink. $1 if I am simply asking for them to pour a glass of wine. $2 if I’m getting something that requires mixing.

Have no way to know if that  is appropriate or what others tip. 

m

Drink prices are listed in the app, so it is very easy to see how much your drink would have cost if you didn't use a voucher.  It is up to you to decide if a $14 glass of wine is worth only a $1 tip or not.