Pinnacle info, please

We have just returned off Anthem if you drink cocktails or liquor and use your 6 drinks the now only give a single measurement in all bars including suite lounge unless you challenge the bar server as most drinks are made up behind closed doors 

7 minutes ago, nicben said:

We have just returned off Anthem if you drink cocktails or liquor and use your 6 drinks the now only give a single measurement in all bars including suite lounge unless you challenge the bar server as most drinks are made up behind closed doors 

Is this a english term? What's a single measurement?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:
19 minutes ago, nicben said:

Please explain what you mean by " behind closed doors"  and "single measurement"

55 minutes ago, crazyank said:

Please explain what you mean by " behind closed doors"  and "single measurement"

" behind closed doors"  = service bar is located outside the venue where the drinks are served.

"single measurement" = one shot glass of liquor with no overpour. We used to call that a "short shot" back in my bartending days.

Hello,

All this in UK.

A single measure of spirits is either 25ml or 35ml depending on the premises, therefore a double is either 50ml or 70ml.

A single measure of fortified wines (brandy, port, sherry) is 50ml or 70ml, depending on the premises, therefore a double is something you should now be able to work out for yourselves.

There are no legally defined measures for wines other than fortified.

Beer is interesting, it can be sold in: Third, half, two-thirds of a pint but has to be sold in multiples of half a pint.

'Behind closed doors' means not seen, in secret but usually with the implied 'up to no good' or 'dishonest'

Regards,

Cublet

3 hours ago, nicben said:

Behind closed doors???   I am not sure you were actually at the SL bar?  There is nothing closed about it.  

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Behind closed doors???   I am not sure you were actually at the SL bar?  There is nothing closed about it.  

I don’t recall a bar in the CL deck 12 on Anthem?  They took your order, disappeared somewhere and came back with your drink. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TPCRUISER2 said:

Is the $25 voucher a new perk? Thanks in advance!

New since the return to sailing. It is offered on ships with a CK and is intended to offer a benefit as P's often have limited CK dinner opportunities.  On a cruise this past March,  we were only permitted to request 2 nights in CK.  (Something like 120 P's.) 

M

44 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

New since the return to sailing. It is offered on ships with a CK and is intended to offer a benefit as P's often have limited CK dinner opportunities.  On a cruise this past March,  we were only permitted to request 2 nights in CK.  (Something like 120 P's.) 

M

Is this $25 specialty dining voucher only offered when the Pinns are excluded from the CK ?  …or do you get it on all O class sailings ?

Edited by RFerrington

I know anthem doesn’t have a bar you’re served from a room behind where the ordouvs are served. Speaking to the drink servers in sl , vintages, and schooner bar they are instructed to serve 25ml of liquor, as for little Briton I’m pinnacle member who also goes in grand suites and above, l was only passing on my resent experience if you find a problem with it next time you cruise ask yourself 

19 minutes ago, nicben said:

I know anthem doesn’t have a bar you’re served from a room behind where the ordouvs are served. Speaking to the drink servers in sl , vintages, and schooner bar they are instructed to serve 25ml of liquor, as for little Briton I’m pinnacle member who also goes in grand suites and above, l was only passing on my resent experience if you find a problem with it next time you cruise ask yourself 

Perhaps you mean hors d'oeuvres.  

On 8/3/2023 at 3:11 PM, cublet said:

Hello,

I'm sure I read a message from C&A saying that D and above would henceforth get a receipt each time they used a voucher for a drink and that receipt would show how many drinks were left that day. Of course there should be no such receipt for Suite Guests in the Concierge Lounge, D or otherwise.

Regards,

Cublet

After they sent the letter out, we were asked I think twice to sign a receipt. After that they quit. Maybe too much pushback? 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s annoying for us and time consuming for the bartenders. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Is this $25 specialty dining voucher only offered when the Pinns are excluded from the CK ?  …or do you get it on all O class sailings ?

On all O class and Q class ships regardless of number of Pinns on board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RFerrington said:

On our last two cruises on Wonder there were 13 and 12 Pins respectively on board and the $25 voucher was still in effect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, little britain said:

I don’t recall a bar in the CL deck 12 on Anthem?  They took your order, disappeared somewhere and came back with your drink. 

Hello,

There is a bar/preparation area behind the coffee machine and servery counter in the CL on Anthem and what goes on in there is probably best not to know.

If something exotic or unusual is requested then the waiter disappears somewhere and comes back with the drink.

Regards,

Cublet

8 hours ago, orville99 said:

On our last two cruises on Wonder there were 13 and 12 Pins respectively on board and the $25 voucher was still in effect.

Hello,

The offer was still on offer on my last three Anthem cruises. However mine goes unused given the miserable selection of specialty restaurants.

Regards,

Cublet

10 hours ago, nicben said:

…, as for little Briton I’m pinnacle member who also goes in grand suites and above, l was only passing on my resent experience if you find a problem with it next time you cruise ask yourself 

Rude.

If you care to read my post again, I was actually backing up your comment that there was not a bar.

LB - also a Pinnacle member. 

Edited by little britain

14 hours ago, little britain said:

Same with DL on Symphony. They took your order which was filled in a bar nearby and brought back. No way of knowing what brand of wine/spirit they were using and the pour varied 

• Like 1

Hello,

I like 'the good old days' on Independence when two large trolleys were wheeled into the DL, one to act as a counter and one groaning under the weight of drinks of all types being carried and a temporary bar was established.

And when it was extremely busy the DL Concierge would act as an additional temporary waiter.

Regards,

Cublet

On 8/5/2023 at 1:19 PM, little britain said:

oops...sorry.  Got my ships mixed up...my bad.  😞 

• Thanks 1

Will have to wait and see if the $25.00 vouchers are still in effect when the Allure starts the 3 and 4 day In October. The Utopia will have the same 3 & 4.   I think it will still happen as will still have many Pinnacles to share coastal .

• Like 1