The Medallion

Seafan22

I will be new to Princess on an upcoming cruise, and want to understand the Medallion.  Can I just put it in my pocket like a key card? 

I don't really want to hang it around my neck for five weeks and I'm not likely to buy any accessories for it. 

8 minutes ago, Seafan22 said:

I will be new to Princess on an upcoming cruise, and want to understand the Medallion.  Can I just put it in my pocket like a key card? 

I don't really want to hang it around my neck for five weeks and I'm not likely to buy any accessories for it. 

Yes you can stick it in your pocket 

I was hesitant buying any accessories too, but after seeing many pictures and videos people wearing lanyards around their necks, I ordered 2 airtag watch bands from Amazon for $10. Still waiting for my medallions to arrive by mail, but according to all the reviews watch bands work with medallions.

• Like 1

You can totally just stick it in your pocket. Depending on what you wear, your pockets might be loose and the little Medallion could slip out. So you might consider a little AirTag holder made of a rubbery type material. I use this one for just that purpose. Has a little clip too. 8 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096SC71KR/

image.png

• Like 1

Any other first hand experience with airtag holders and medallions?  I don't hate the wristbands that Princess offers, but if the airtag holders worked that would expand the options quite a bit. 

I just also recall reading some accounts in the past that the medallion/airtag was less than a perfect fit and while it held pretty good, it wasn't perfect and subject to occasionally slipping out.

I know this probably will not help the OP...but way back when the Medallions were first introduced they were delivered (along with the complimentary lanyard) with a 2-piece plastic shell-type holder.  We have always kept our old key cards...(and now medallions) so we have several of these still banging around our "travel stuff" drawer.  I don't use a lanyard...I just slip the entire holder in my pocket.  I'm always a bit nervous about losing the medallion but this shell gives it just enough size so that I can easily pull it out when I need it and it will not easily "grow legs".

Medallion Holder.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PMGS247 said:

Any other first hand experience with airtag holders and medallions?  I don't hate the wristbands that Princess offers, but if the airtag holders worked that would expand the options quite a bit. 

Keep in mind that you can buy the "real" medallion holders/accessories on the ship.  I always prefer to see how something like that might feel and even how well it might fit before purchase...unlike buying from Amazon.

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Keep in mind that you can buy the "real" medallion holders/accessories on the ship.  I always prefer to see how something like that might feel and even how well it might fit before purchase...unlike buying from Amazon.

Yeah as I said I don't dislike the princess wristbands, I have both the rubber sports band type and the  more traditional watch band type, but that's about it for options.  Some of the airtag products are pretty nifty and convenient, I have an air tag on my keychain LOL but I would never mess with it if it wasn't a 100% secure fit. I suppose I could test an old medallion on my keychain holder.

Edited by PMGS247

The medallions used by princess are the same size as an apple airtag.

So I bought an apple "airtag dog collar" (silicone) from either amazon or ebay, and then attached that to my watch band.

Safe Travels,
- WYB

IMG_2406.jpeg

IMG_2407.jpeg

IMG_2408.jpeg

IMG_2409.jpeg

• Like 1

These are the air tag holders my wife and I use. Notice that the air tag holders obscure the cruiser's name and the voyage details. This is the only thing I don't like about them.

Medallions.jpg

12 minutes ago, Thrak said:

These are the air tag holders my wife and I use. Notice that the air tag holders obscure the cruiser's name and the voyage details. This is the only thing I don't like about them.

Medallions.jpg

does it still scan in the holder? if so, what's wrong?

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

does it still scan in the holder? if so, what's wrong?

When a server looks at the medallion I would prefer he or she was able to see the name. Doesn't really affect use but I would still prefer the name showed. Of course some folks might consider having their name covered to be a plus.

Edited by Thrak

On 8/9/2023 at 8:33 PM, Outerdog said:

You can totally just stick it in your pocket. Depending on what you wear, your pockets might be loose and the little Medallion could slip out. So you might consider a little AirTag holder made of a rubbery type material. I use this one for just that purpose. Has a little clip too. 8 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096SC71KR/

image.png

$15 for us Canadians.

On 8/10/2023 at 6:20 PM, Prost Seattle said:

I put together this airtag holder and chain for my mom’s medallion.   She likes her bling. Mine is a more understated carbon fiber. 

IMG_0534.jpeg

IMG_0535.jpeg

IMG_0536.jpeg

Where did you get these? I love them both!

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 11:37 AM, WYB! said:

The medallions used by princess are the same size as an apple airtag.

So I bought an apple "airtag dog collar" (silicone) from either amazon or ebay, and then attached that to my watch band.

Safe Travels,
- WYB

Too bulky for my liking.