If you were on the Seascape from 8/13 thru 8/20.....

Shippy

We were on seascape at the end of July and we came home from YC with terrible upper respiratory infections, kept checking for Covid, but never tested positive. However, quite a few others reported in our sailing group on the big social media site that they did test positive on our sailing and even more with the same “cold”we had.  

7 hours ago, jules815 said:

Are you the person who posted on a Seaside FB group?  

I hope you feel better soon.

No, I did not do that post nor did I know they had a Covid problem....looks like it is back....

11 hours ago, blueskadoo said:

We were on seascape at the end of July and we came home from YC with terrible upper respiratory infections, kept checking for Covid, but never tested positive. However, quite a few others reported in our sailing group on the big social media site that they did test positive on our sailing and even more with the same “cold”we had.  

Did you do the home tests?  I don't think they are very accurate.  I know several people who tested negative with home tests but positive when they tested with a lab.

We fly to Miami on September 8th and sail on the 10th. A couple of days in Miami and 2 weeks on the Seascape (10th - 24th). We also have a wedding to go this Saturday, so that's making me a little nervous. We've both been jabbed 5 times now and each had Covid back in February. (I know that doesn't mean we can't get it again!) I always pack plenty of OTC cold meds, Tylenol, etc.  Maybe I'll throw a couple of tests in the bag as well this time.

• Like 1

Hey guess what, kids went back to school and stuck their fingers up each others nose again.

Type A flu never went away and never will, just mutates. I threw away all our old test's as they were expired and likely no good for a slightly different version of the virus.

• Like 3

I hate to be insensitive with respect to Covid, because I know that many people have gotten quite ill, or worse, from it.  But, with that said, GF and I caught Covid on the tail-end or return from a Celebrity NYE cruise year before last.

My GF's symptoms were the clearing of her throat occasionally.  That's it.  She barely moved the 2nd bar on the in-home test.  I got very mild cold-like symptoms.  It was about a 2 on a 10 scale and I felt pretty good, but did have a runny nose and such.

While no one wants to get sick, or see others get sick, hopefully Covid has morphed to the point that for most, it is no longer the threat that it was.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 1:39 PM, jules815 said:

We fly to Miami on September 8th and sail on the 10th. A couple of days in Miami and 2 weeks on the Seascape (10th - 24th). We also have a wedding to go this Saturday, so that's making me a little nervous. We've both been jabbed 5 times now and each had Covid back in February. (I know that doesn't mean we can't get it again!) I always pack plenty of OTC cold meds, Tylenol, etc.  Maybe I'll throw a couple of tests in the bag as well this time.

I'd also encourage bringing along some travel size hand sanitizer bottles so you can comfortably carry one around in pants pockets or handbag. After we got COVID on our first (and probably only) Carnival cruise last year we've been diligent about carrying and using that and so far (knock on wood) no more post-cruise illnesses in our 3 cruises since then.

11 hours ago, karmamule said:

I'd also encourage bringing along some travel size hand sanitizer bottles so you can comfortably carry one around in pants pockets or handbag. After we got COVID on our first (and probably only) Carnival cruise last year we've been diligent about carrying and using that and so far (knock on wood) no more post-cruise illnesses in our 3 cruises since then.

While hand washing/sanitizing is an excellent idea in general, Covid is rarely if ever caught by touching something with the virus on it.  Flu and the common cold transmit that way, and thank goodness covid has not morphed into that type of transmission or things woulda been sooooo much worse.  Even noro can withstand alcohol based hand sanitizer.  

Edited by gizfish

I almost always come down with a cold after our cruises.... Its pretty much inevitable being around 1000's of passengers for a week. I also work at a school with over 800 students/staff... hard to stay healthy and not unusual to catch something every couple months. But never severe enough to miss a day of work. I don't give it a second thought and instead chuckle at the people who think the world is coming to an end if they catch something. To each their own!

11 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

you gotta be kidding me 🙄is it even legal?

Not kidding you at all. When your parents are on hospice care in an assisted living facility, we did what we had to do to be able to be with them during the end of their lives. My body, my choice. Right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1