Recent Platinum Gift

Banditswife

It has been about a year since we have sailed Carnival, have been exploring other brands.  But we will be cruising Carnival Breeze in Oct, 2023 with some newbies.  I am making up gift bags for the newbies & was planning to add lanyards & other things, but if lanyards are still the gift, I will just add those to their bags.

As a side question: What type of things would be appealing to 1st time cruisers?  I have enough of the drink cozies to give each (4) of them, cruising ducks, I have 2/4 CCL lanyards.  Just gathering ideas.  These newbies are all 30ish.  

17 minutes ago, BETSY DOLL said:

Fanny pack, gave it away!!!

Yes, I could add that or the toiletry bag to their gifts bags too.  Hubby & are are both platinum, so we both get the gift.  Only trouble is we have 4 newbies- 3 female, 1 male.

On 8/26/2023 at 3:26 PM, Indiansbaseball said:

Current gift as of middle of September is a toiletry bag. Part 2 of a 3 piece series.
Reusable straws would be great !

23 hours ago, Banditswife said:

Reusable straws is a great idea, thanks.  

I hope they don't decide to use the straws as a Platinum/Diamond gift. 

They gave away reusable silicone straws free any time I ordered a can of diet Pepsi a couple weeks ago.  I didn't even ask for them, because I really wanted the lime candy one.  I bought four of them home for the grandkids. 

20230813_165519.jpg

20230813_165516.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I hope they don't decide to use the straws as a Platinum/Diamond gift. 

They gave away reusable silicone straws free any time I ordered a can of diet Pepsi a couple weeks ago.  I didn't even ask for them, because I really wanted the lime candy one.  I bought four of them home for the grandkids. 

That was supposed to say I BROUGHT four of them home for the grandkids.   I didn't have to buy any😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I organized a group cruise October 2022 and gave each person a goodie box with the following: 

Bite size Snickers and other bite size candy bars

Variety of fruity candy (It was around Halloween so all the candy was on sale)

Lanyard

Luggage tag holder for cruise luggage labels

Towel clips

Chap stick 

Tylenol packets (2 pills in a pack)

Shout out wipes to go 

Single use Sunscreen packets

Band aids

EmergenC single packets

Purell single use packets

Custom magnetic door signs. I put them on the doors prior to the 1pm cabins ready. It was a lot of work. LOL!

Lanyards were a hit for our cruise newbies. The luggage tags were appreciated. 

Everyone used something in the box. They really enjoyed the bite size candy. A quick snack b4 bed, on excursions or pre dinner snack. Several used the Shout out wipes. 

Have a great cruise!

Edited by cynt
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, cynt said:

I organized a group cruise October 2022 and gave each person a goodie box with the following: 

Bite size Snickers and other bite size candy bars

Variety of fruity candy (It was around Halloween so all the candy was on sale)

Lanyard

Luggage tag holder for cruise luggage labels

Towel clips

Chap stick 

Tylenol packets (2 pills in a pack)

Shout out wipes to go 

Single use Sunscreen packets

Band aids

EmergenC single packets

Purell single use packets

Custom magnetic door signs. I put them on the doors prior to the 1pm cabins ready. It was a lot of work. LOL!

Lanyards were a hit for our cruise newbies. The luggage tags were appreciated. 

Everyone used something in the box. They really enjoyed the bite size candy. A quick snack b4 bed, on excursions or pre dinner snack. Several used the Shout out wipes. 

Have a great cruise!

Wow, That is a long list, don't want to go to that much expense.  We are driving too, so luggage tags not as important.  And I gave them a list of things they might need: Pain meds, band-aids, tumbler, poncho or umbrella.

I bought telescoping reusable straws, room deodorizers, have a couple of CCL lanyards, will add candy & I have some pins from Previous CCL cruises.  Chap stick & towel clips are great suggestions.  Thanks for your ideas.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bafinegan said:

I would like to see a discount on wifi ( like maybe the premium for the price of the mid tier) or a discount on the cheers package.

Wi-fi might be possible. I can't imagine them ever discounting cheers.  I can't even get them to let me have it at all as my wife is not medically allowed to have alcohol, and they won't waive her.

A nice reusuable poncho might be something i would take on later cruises. I am going on the celebration next week and will probably get a third fanny pack. A few cruises ago i was told by staff "you will take the coozie!!"

I’m creating gift bags for my cruising newbies. Like literally, I’ve sewn them all a crossbody small bag to carry things like a kindle, bottle of water, towel clips etc around the ship. Once I leave my cabin, I prefer not to go back for a good long time. In their bags, I’m including reusable straws, towel clips, a lanyard and a luggage tag. Oh, and these cute folding fans that twist up into a little circle. I use mine ALL the time and it’s better that a battery operated hand held one imo.

• 6 months later...