Butler Team Service in SS - Please Post Current Cruisers Comments on your Experience.

JDPCruisers

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Hi there,

I also have some issues making it hard for me to carry drinks, snacks back to my room. This has been one of the reasons that booking a RS or PH has appealed to us. We have enjoyed having the stocked sodas, beers, and 2 litres of spirits. One option open to you could be to purchase the in suite bar set up for your regular afternoon tipple or nightcap…

I also suggest you contact the shoreside concierge a couple of weeks before your cruise and explain you know that an in suite minibar is not included with a SS but you have some medical issues and would be grateful if they could arrange for your room to be stocked with x, y, z…If the message doesn’t get through you could have the same conversation with the Retreat Concierge. There is a big difference between providing a guest with disabilities a service and providing everyone with a service…I would be hopeful that your request would be met.

However, bringing mixed drinks to your suite is not a perk for any suite. Even in the PH we do not usually request that. I will occasionally totter back to my suite from the Retreat Lounge with a Baileys in a larger glass end of night to reduce spillage rather than phone the butler and expect him to bring me one! 

@chemmo I really appreciate this.  The medical condition is relatively new and very frustrating.  I have an appointment with a neurologist but not for another month.  Based on your excellent advice I think it just got much worse!  

I have looked at the bar setup before I had a problem.  Maybe that is exactly what I need.  Can I ask for mixers / soda in the mini fridge as part of the bar setup?  I will check the website.

another idea is to bring a thermos/ water btl  that has a cover   

if the dronk can be poured into that it would be easier to transport.. The ones we have could easily  hold 2 drinks!

Hopeful and confident it will work out.ok.

13 minutes ago, 39august said:

This is really trivial, but I am curious. Are Sky Suites currently getting the usual lip balm, seapass card holder and chocolates?

Chocolates only on Embarkation and Chic nights now. Not sure about the others.

3 hours ago, hcat said:

apologies for off the suite  topic..and my post was cut off!

I agree M Class thermal suites are not very exciting..they are interior and just had a heated curved bench

We prefer the expansive area on S Class with loungers in the middle and sea views.. ((other than the nappers who snore!).

On E Class the rooms are interior..but interesting.. salt rm is good.  There no views other than in  the lounger area which gets alot of very intense sunshine.  We hear there's a door  to an outside deck but never looked?? The locker/ shower room is very nice.

Because we enjoy BLU and the Thermal suites..we are happy to be in AQ Class.. We suspect we will be priced out of AQ Class soon.(we will be  in an SV on  APEX)

They are so rude and obnoxious! If you want to take a nap, go to your cabin. Don't take a heated lounger away from someone else who is paying for it, while simultaneously making the environment unpleasant for the other people who did manage to get a lounger. I can't imagine being so self-centered that I honestly believe that people would want to pay good money to hear me snore. Clearly, quite a lot of people are. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

They are so rude and obnoxious! If you want to take a nap, go to your cabin. Don't take a heated lounger away from someone else who is paying for it, while simultaneously making the environment unpleasant for the other people who did manage to get a lounger. I can't imagine being so self-centered that I honestly believe that people would want to pay good money to hear me snore. Clearly, quite a lot of people are. 

I got yelled at once because I talked to my husband in an adult voice instead of a whisper, like we were at church.  Now I remember what being a kid was like.  Hmm.  Maybe I’ll be a little more chill at the Solarium next time.  😂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I got yelled at once because I talked to my husband in an adult voice instead of a whisper, like we were at church.  Now I remember what being a kid was like.  Hmm.  Maybe I’ll be a little more chill at the Solarium next time.  😂

Somehow, I don't think that someone yelling at you contributed to a peaceful environment. I'm sorry that happened to you. 

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

@chemmo I really appreciate this.  The medical condition is relatively new and very frustrating.  I have an appointment with a neurologist but not for another month.  Based on your excellent advice I think it just got much worse!  

I have looked at the bar setup before I had a problem.  Maybe that is exactly what I need.  Can I ask for mixers / soda in the mini fridge as part of the bar setup?  I will check the website.

Last time we booked a bar set up it came with six mixers and some sort of mixed nut pack. 

If you explain to the shoreside concierge/concierge on board that the reason you have booked the bar set up is because of your medical issues, despite having a premium drinks package I hope they would top up as necessary. I know the bar set up isn’t cheap but once you have medical issues it is often worth paying a few $/£ for convenience….

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise…

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Last time we booked a bar set up it came with six mixers and some sort of mixed nut pack. 

If you explain to the shoreside concierge/concierge on board that the reason you have booked the bar set up is because of your medical issues, despite having a premium drinks package I hope they would top up as necessary. I know the bar set up isn’t cheap but once you have medical issues it is often worth paying a few $/£ for convenience….

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise…

Curious as to the cost of the bar set-up?

2 hours ago, MamaFej said:

they also use the Solarium like a nh dayroom..snoring  and drooling all day.

the staterooms have  beds  for naps that they should consider

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, terrydtx said:

How many open drinks can I get in my Retreat tote bag at the Retreat lounge?  There might be some spillage down the hallways to my suite creating a cleaning mess for the crew and a waste of resources. My wife worked in a bar while at college, I wonder if she remembers how to carry 6 or more drinks without spilling any of them?

Maybe they will start handing out trays so you can carrying your drinks! Of course there will be a service charge to hand it to you!

Edited by kenb
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I believe I saw it somewhere in the neighborhood for around $150.  Of course, prices change all the time.

I just checked my cruise planner for our March Eclipse 12 night cruise. Below is what it shows for current prices of both Basic and Premium Stateroom Bar Set UPs.  

I didn’t see any stateroom set-up options under «Gifts & Gear» for my sailing.

IN ADDITION to the listed price, there is a 20% «Service Charge» added when you check out (to serve yourself??!!)

1) Classic Stateroom Bar Set Up

Full Sailing - 12 Days

From

$134.99 / per package
$150.00 onboard
(10% OFF) PRE-CRUISE SAVINGS

Your favorite brands, like Dewar’s, Beefeater, Captain Morgan and more, can be enjoyed without even leaving your room, and our package includes Coca-Cola products, ginger ale, tonic water or juices for mixing.

2) Premium Stateroom Bar Set Up

Full Sailing - 12 Days

From

$206.99 / per package
$230.00 onboard
Reserve
This package includes one bottle from our sophisticated selection of brands, including Hendrick’s Gin, Bacardi 8 Rum, Teramana Reposado Tequila, Ketel One Vodka, Johnnie Walker Black and more, along with 6 mixers. Choose from a selection of Coca-Cola products, Ginger Ale, tonic water, a carafe of orange juice or cranberry juice. A bucket of ice is included.
Edited by JaneStarr

2 hours ago, hcat said:

they also use the Solarium like a nh dayroom..snoring  and drooling all day.

the staterooms have  beds  for naps that they should consider

The only place I can nap is on a ship, in my stateroom or balcony.  It never works at home unless I happen to be ill.  I agree with not wanting to listen to all the unwanted and heavy-duty noises.  Maybe carry a squirt gun and do a little practicing from under a towel?😅  Yes, I am kidding, but...make sure it has water and not alcohol!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JaneStarr said:

I just checked my cruise planner for our March Eclipse 12 night cruise. Below is what it shows for current prices of both Basic and Premium Stateroom Bar Set UPs.  

I didn’t see any stateroom set-up options under «Gifts & Gear» for my sailing.

IN ADDITION to the listed price, there is a 20% «Service Charge» added when you check out (to serve yourself??!!)

1) Classic Stateroom Bar Set Up

Full Sailing - 12 Days

From

$134.99 / per package
$150.00 onboard

Your favorite brands, like Dewar’s, Beefeater, Captain Morgan and more, can be enjoyed without even leaving your room, and our package includes Coca-Cola products, ginger ale, tonic water or juices for mixing.

2) Premium Stateroom Bar Set Up

Full Sailing - 12 Days

From

$206.99 / per package
$230.00 onboard
Reserve
This package includes one bottle from our sophisticated selection of brands, including Hendrick’s Gin, Bacardi 8 Rum, Teramana Reposado Tequila, Ketel One Vodka, Johnnie Walker Black and more, along with 6 mixers. Choose from a selection of Coca-Cola products, Ginger Ale, tonic water, a carafe of orange juice or cranberry juice. A bucket of ice is included.

A bucket of ice is included..how generous!  so its for 1 btl alc,

they have soda juice at the buffet.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

Curious as to the cost of the bar set-up?

We purchased the bar set up with a bottle of Tito’s during a recent flash sale and with the gratuity (🤔 to bring it to the room) it was  $154.  We had so much non refundable OBC to burn it was a no brained.  Of course, the days of suite OBC are soon to come to a halt.  I think booking of specialty restaurants, excursions, bar set ups, spa treatments will drop when suite guest dong have all that OBC to spend. 

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, terrydtx said:

How many open drinks can I get in my Retreat tote bag at the Retreat lounge?  There might be some spillage down the hallways to my suite creating a cleaning mess for the crew and a waste of resources. My wife worked in a bar while at college, I wonder if she remembers how to carry 6 or more drinks without spilling any of them?

bring a tray from home- I bring a starbucks coffee container and can take 4 cups back to my suite.

• Like 2

Be careful about assuming you will be able to stock up your SS fridge from the Retreat Lounge.

That’s something that could change on a dime. Hopefully they would give you an unopened soda, water or beer to bring back to your suite. That hasn’t always been the case, at least for sodas.

History

I was just remembering back to a time where there were signs in the Suite lounge (Michael’s Club at the time) that it was forbidden to remove drinks from the lounge. I believe the last time I saw that enforced was on a 14 NT Summit Canada/NE sailing in the Fall of 2014. We were in a Royal Suite with Prem beverage package on that sailing, but they absurdly wouldn’t allow us to take unfinished drinks from MC into the show with us. The butler was also not allowed to keep our fridge stocked with included beverages. We had to empty it and fill it ourselves by bringing waters and sodas back to the suite.

Shortly after that cruise, they still had the signs in the lounge but looked the other way when leaving with a beverage in hand.  Our butler also starting stocking the suite fridge with sodas, water and even beers of our choosing.

As I recall, this cruise was when they were just starting the push to phase in «Suite Class»

I like to think my detailed survey comments helped them reconsider some of the non-sensical inboard suite upcharges.

Edited by JaneStarr
Typos, paragraphs
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

Be careful about assuming you will be able to stock up your SS fridge from the Retreat Lounge.

That’s something that could change on a dime. Hopefully they would give you an unopened soda, water or beer to bring back to your suite. That hasn’t always been the case, at least for sodas.

History

I was just remembering back to a time where there were signs in the Suite lounge (Michael’s Club at the time) that it was forbidden to remove drinks from the lounge. I believe the last time I saw that enforced was on a 14 NT Summit Canada/NE sailing in the Fall of 2014. We were in a Royal Suite with Prem beverage package on that sailing, but they absurdly wouldn’t allow us to take unfinished drinks from MC into the show with us. The butler was also not allowed to keep our fridge stocked with included beverages. We had to empty it and fill it ourselves by bringing waters and sodas back to the suite.

Shortly after that cruise, they still had the signs in the lounge but looked the other way when leaving with a beverage in hand.  Our butler also starting stocking the suite fridge with sodas, water and even beers of our choosing.

As I recall, this cruise was when they were just starting the push to phase in «Suite Class»

I like to think my detailed survey comments helped them reconsider some of the non-sensical inboard suite upcharges.

That was a long time ago. Some of the coolers are self serve and there is no problem taking things out of the Retreat Lounge.

• Like 2

I got a care package from my TA today. Last week I told her about the changes in SS and that we had to now go to the Retreat lounge to get bottled water and beers for our cabin. She sent us 2 Travelon theft proof backpacks and a tote bag, so now we can load up on drinks and not have to worry about theft on our way back to the cabin. LOL

image.thumb.png.d381a3f93d2b179b50af45367fb4b304.png

Edited by terrydtx
  • Haha 6