Alfredo’s

Purdey16

Love Alfredos and will pay to eat there UNLESS the upgraded pizza offerings within the buffet are significantly different from Slice (inferior crust = inferior pizza). And yes, mozzarella has lots of flavor for all those of us whose taste buds haven't become accustomed to piquante food

Edited by Ombud

39 minutes ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I'm a glass half full gal.  I'm focusing on all the places that I used to pay extra for that are now included.  I definitely plan to enjoy lots of Ocean Terrace offerings next month with no extra charge!  And I'm excited for the new offerings at Vines! 

I am with you!  I’ve upgraded to the premier package on several of my booked sailings.  
I probably won’t even go to the MDR as I actually like the more casual restaurant options.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am with you!  I’ve upgraded to the premier package on several of my booked sailings.  
I probably won’t even go to the MDR as I actually like the more casual restaurant options.  

we did the same on a little SUN P cruise in 2024 - 2 specialty dinners each - unlimited casual dining - better wines covered and PRIZES!

we also hope not to see the mdr as this cruise will be all about the ship itself and venues

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I've been upgrading to Premier on the last several cruises.  It was initially for the better wine options but the most recent changes have made it a complete no brainer.  I feel like I'm getting even more unexpected benefits out of it! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I'm a glass half full gal.  I'm focusing on all the places that I used to pay extra for that are now included.  I definitely plan to enjoy lots of Ocean Terrace offerings next month with no extra charge!  And I'm excited for the new offerings at Vines! 

Not sure what there is to be excited about, no choice at all, just the 3 simple courses, it would appear from the menus posted

26 minutes ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I've been upgrading to Premier on the last several cruises.  It was initially for the better wine options but the most recent changes have made it a complete no brainer.  I feel like I'm getting even more unexpected benefits out of it! 

Same with us!  We really feel as though the addition of the unlimited casual dining options has been a real plus for us.  And we usually pay for a specialty dinner here and there .. so, this really added value for us, too!  We prefer our bigger meals at lunch and now it looks like they have added some lunch hours to the Crwon Grill and Sabatini’s.  I view it all as a very positive change.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Same with us!  We really feel as though the addition of the unlimited casual dining options has been a real plus for us.  And we usually pay for a specialty dinner here and there .. so, this really added value for us, too!  We prefer our bigger meals at lunch and now it looks like they have added some lunch hours to the Crwon Grill and Sabatini’s.  I view it all as a very positive change.  

is that for their own lunch menu - or for a 'popup' Alfredo's type thingy?

21 minutes ago, rosevew said:

Not sure what there is to be excited about, no choice at all, just the 3 simple courses, it would appear from the menus posted

What do you mean by no choice at all?  I see plenty of choices!  With Ocean Terrace, I see 8 Nigiri options and 7 Maki options. On a week long cruise, I could eat there every day and have something different each day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I'd like to see Salty Dog open for lunch too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

To whet your appetite for Vines.  A photo of the first plate we had onboard the Sky last week.   Crudités were excellent with a good variety of different vegetables other than the old standby.  Charcuterie board contained meats, cheeses, olives, artichokes, pickled shallots.   Only short coming was the lack of breads or crackers.  The truffles were outstanding. 
my photography leaves a lot to be desired.

IMG_1695.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

10 minutes ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

What do you mean by no choice at all?  I see plenty of choices!  With Ocean Terrace, I see 8 Nigiri options and 7 Maki options. On a week long cruise, I could eat there every day and have something different each day!

I was responding to the comment about looking forward to Vines where there is no choice

13 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

To whet your appetite for Vines.  A photo of the first plate we had onboard the Sky last week.   Crudités were excellent with a good variety of different vegetables other than the old standby.  Charcuterie board contained meats, cheeses, olives, artichokes, pickled shallots.   Only short coming was the lack of breads or crackers.  The truffles were outstanding. 

IMG_1695.jpeg

Looks delicious!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

is that for their own lunch menu - or for a 'popup' Alfredo's type thingy?

Oh I mentioned this might be on the cards on another thread. 

@Cruise Raider are lunch bookings for speciality restaurant's actually happening then? I saw a TA mention it on their youtube channel but not seen anything official. She said it would be the full menu and will offer more booking slots as the evenings are so busy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

IMG_1695.jpeg

No bread or crackers???!  That seems like a crazy oversight.  What's that in the bowl?  Do you eat it with a spoon?

14 minutes ago, JGmf said:

No bread or crackers???!  That seems like a crazy oversight.  What's that in the bowl?  Do you eat it with a spoon?

I think that night was a very nice tzatziki type dipping sauce for the vegetables.   There were a couple of bread straws like the ones years ago in the dining rooms.   
We did speak with the Food Service Manager.  In fairness this was the first week of being available.  Work in progress.

We did order truffles only one night $3 for 6 pieces.

Edited by kiwimum
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

we did the same on a little SUN P cruise in 2024 - 2 specialty dinners each - unlimited casual dining - better wines covered and PRIZES!

we also hope not to see the mdr as this cruise will be all about the ship itself and venues

Wouldn't you want to experience that venue at least once (to cover the entire ship)?

16 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Looks like a dip.  Looks really nice. I wouldn’t be able to eat

dinner after that!  🥴

Nice Italian or French bread would be super with that. Or, crostini. 😋 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dides said:

Oh I mentioned this might be on the cards on another thread. 

@Cruise Raider are lunch bookings for speciality restaurant's actually happening then? I saw a TA mention it on their youtube channel but not seen anything official. She said it would be the full menu and will offer more booking slots as the evenings are so busy. 

I heard it was full when I was just onboard a couple of weeks ago.  That was on the Ruby but I know the Emerald had them as well a couple of months ago.  Both cruises were booked solid so that may be the reason for opening them up for lunch.  

• Like 1

You folks are funny.  Alfredo's serving less food to fewer people is nothing but good for Princess. Those boycotting, you choosing not to eat something that costs Princess money and would have historically been free to you is an expense savings to Princess. Having the venue less crowded and more available to those willing to pay (or with a package) seems like a good thing for those people.  Sounds like a win-win for Princess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

No need

Can’t imagine a 20 day cruise without all the good duck dishes that I have only seen in the MDR. Also we sail in suites so have reserve class dining and great service where they actually remember what we like 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1