Alfredo’s

Purdey16

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Wow. That spread in Vines is for one person? There is no way I could eat the whole thing. My wife and I would be fine sharing that but I've read they aren't allowing sharing.

They do allow sharing if you request alacarte.   We shared for dinner multiple nights.  You can also order each item individually.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kiwimum said:

They do allow sharing if you request alacarte.   We shared for dinner multiple nights.  You can also order each item individually.

with Premier - we will 'be forced' to order one each - and won't even finish one ...

Do they have to go boxes? - but, really, who wants that

Sharing is Caring ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I'm a glass half full gal.  I'm focusing on all the places that I used to pay extra for that are now included.  I definitely plan to enjoy lots of Ocean Terrace offerings next month with no extra charge!  And I'm excited for the new offerings at Vines! 

So on ships that don’t have pizza restaurant or sushi bar should charge less for plus brvsuse we have less choices ?

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Can’t imagine a 20 day cruise without all the good duck dishes that I have only seen in the MDR. Also we sail in suites so have reserve class dining and great service where they actually remember what we like 

I was not kidding the duck breast appetizer and duck breast entrees are things I look forward to

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, voljeep said:

with Premier - we will 'be forced' to order one each - and won't even finish one ...

Do they have to go boxes? - but, really, who wants that

Sharing is Caring ...

I doubt they will force you to order two, as long as you "pay" for two. I plan to try sharing with DW and to tell them to go ahead and charge us for two. With Premier, I don't care how many they charge us for. It would be different with Plus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

Except before the tapas were free

And they were teeny tiny and I usually only enjoyed half of the plate. You can always walk a few steps over to the international Cafe and get something that pleases you for free! I always have. The beet salad is a huge favorite, as well as the chicken salad. I've also been able to get a personal cheese plate. So many free options!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B_A_H said:

Those boycotting, you choosing not to eat something that costs Princess money and would have historically been free to you is an expense savings to Princess. Having the venue less crowded and more available to those willing to pay (or with a package) seems like a good thing for those people.  Sounds like a win-win for Princess. 

I don't think you realize how many pounds of meat I can put away on a simple bet. Princess would save with me going to Alfredos as the ingredients are cheaper.

With zero effort, I can put away two to three entrees in the MDR. With planning, I'm pretty sure I could eat the entire menu if the reward (free cruise in a suite) was good enough.

Edited by Mike07
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

You can always walk a few steps over to the international Cafe and get something that pleases you for free! I

For the moment. You could have said the same thing about Alfredo’s until August could you not.

I do begin to wonder if this is the thin end of a wedge. There have been so many changes in the last year.

I don’t mind paying for premier as I like a decent glass of wine but for those who perhaps don’t drink alcohol it’s very expensive for just the other offerings, many of which used to be part of the cruise fare.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 7:52 PM, 4cats4me said:

Same here. Once we can cruise again, we plan on sailing with Virgin Voyages, Oceania, and Silver Sea.  
On Virgin the food looks spectacular and everything is included.  No upcharge venues.
And all adults, an added benefit.  😊 

And all three are more expensive than Princess.

12 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We prefer our bigger meals at lunch and now it looks like they have added some lunch hours to the Crwon Grill and Sabatini’s.  I view it all as a very positive change.  

What makes you think new lunch offerings at Crown Grill or Sabatini's would be included as a casual dining establishment that you could redeem at lunchtime?  Or am I inferring something wrong?  They are specialty venues with new offerings to generate additional monies, not casual venues that would be included with the Premier package.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Edited by CruizinSusan70
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

And all three are more expensive than Princess.

Wrong.  I priced it out today and because Virgin includes gratuities, wifi, bar credit of $600 incentive, plus extra bar credit  for booking as (Princess Elite) two discounts, (one for paying upfront)

plus No up charges for exceptional quality of food, and a much better party vibe and level of entertainment ,  it’s a much better deal for us. Better itinerary too. 

I’m well aware of high-end luxury prices gor those other lines.

We won’t have any issues  meeting our cruising financial obligations,  but thanks for your concern. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

What makes you think new lunch offerings at Crown Grill or Sabatini's would be included as a casual dining establishment that you could redeem at lunchtime?  Or am I inferring something wrong?  They are specialty venues with new offerings to generate additional monies, not casual venues that would be included with the Premier package.

Pretty sure @Cruise Raiderwas mentioning Crown Grill and Sabatini’s being open for lunch, is a better option for them than at dinner time, as I think they mentioned they like bigger meal mid day.

You might have thought they meant open for lunch with a ‘casual menu’, but for those that have been on ships where Princess has opened these SD venues for lunch, they know the ‘regular’ full price menu is offered.

The opportunity to experience it during lunch hours, is the main point, especially if fully booked for evening or to give another option on longer cruises with many sea days like we had on August 5-21 Emerald Hawaii sailing where Crown Grill was open for lunch at least one day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

And they were teeny tiny and I usually only enjoyed half of the plate. You can always walk a few steps over to the international Cafe and get something that pleases you for free! I always have. The beet salad is a huge favorite, as well as the chicken salad. I've also been able to get a personal cheese plate. So many free options!

Sadly, you might no longer enjoy your IC salads....

Just off the Sky and there were NO salads available any more.....

🧐

• Like 3

9 hours ago, pjules said:

I'm not happy about the situation, and don't want to pay $14.99 US for their pizza.  I will just go and try to find some free pizza on the lido deck. 

If people aren't eating in Alfredo's because of the price then I have a feeling the pizza on the lido deck is going to have a very long line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

🧐

I'm not to sure they were that popular. They seem to have disappeared from all the ships. 

2 hours ago, Bollycats said:

If people aren't eating in Alfredo's because of the price then I have a feeling the pizza on the lido deck is going to have a very long line.

I'm almost certain that will be the case but I'm wondering if the quality will be the same? 

14 hours ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I was purchasing premier before all of this anyway so im just focused on the positives. Makes life more enjoyable!

At $20 extra per day per person on our 20 day cruise this month that would come to $800 extra. Way too much for some free pizza and I will be on a Grand class ship   No Alfredo’s and no sushi bar 

10 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

They aren’t included in the casual dining pricing.  My apologies if I relayed that message.  
They have included lunches at the same ‘specialty dining’ menu and costs but serve the meal much earlier in the day to relieve some of the crowding in the evening hours.  
Since 2 specialty dining meals come with the premier package, I’d much rather go at lunch time vs dinner time!  Now that I’m seeing that offered, I will definitely be taking advantage of that.  

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I've been upgrading to Premier on the last several cruises.  It was initially for the better wine options but the most recent changes have made it a complete no brainer.  I feel like I'm getting even more unexpected benefits out of it! 

Don't shout it too loud, just in case  the Princess management read CC and decide to increase the Premier cost.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

🧐

Yeah, it has been hit or miss the last few cruises I've been on.  But each cruise has evolved a little more.  I'm hopeful that some of my favorites will return to a more consistent level!

• Like 1