On the Horizon now .. here’s Platinium gifts …

Markmom18

Yep. Unzip it and look on the inside. It says "Very Important Fanny Pack".

That had been the gift for a good while now. According to our 15 year old, fanny packs are back in style, only you throw them cross ways over your shoulder now??? I dont know. Cant keep up with trends anymore.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2023 at 8:31 PM, stobe1 said:

That had been the gift for a good while now. According to our 15 year old, fanny packs are back in style, only you throw them cross ways over your shoulder now??? I dont know. Cant keep up with trends anymore.

I just had a pop-up ad for school supplies that included this picture.  I'm way past the buying back to school supplies phase😉.

image.jpeg.3d68ecc0298970c7d6a65c33a50af9e5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 9:31 PM, stobe1 said:

Confirmed, lol.  And it makes me laugh when I see them cross body in pictures.  It's still a fanny pack, and when they put them cross body trying to make it look cool - it's STILL a fanny pack lolol 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

Gave mine to six-year old granddaughter, you’d think I’d given her “gold!”

I know exactly what you are saying. I was on the Miracle a few weeks ago, and on my way to brunch one morning I stopped to pick up my pin and gift. I saw a grandmother and her maybe eight year old granddaughter picking up photos. 
I asked the grandmother if maybe the girl might want my pin and gift. 
My gosh, that little girl was so excited! It made me feel good all day. 😊

• Like 4

On 10/7/2023 at 10:06 PM, CruzDayz said:

I know exactly what you are saying. I was on the Miracle a few weeks ago, and on my way to brunch one morning I stopped to pick up my pin and gift. I saw a grandmother and her maybe eight year old granddaughter picking up photos. 
I asked the grandmother if maybe the girl might want my pin and gift. 
My gosh, that little girl was so excited! It made me feel good all day. 😊

I usually give mine away to the first 6-10 year old with their parents on the ship. They don't seem to be all that impressed, but their parents do because they know what it means. The same with the dime store gift when it's appropriate. I did love the insulated glasses though. Eventually acquired a set. Loved them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glrounds said:

I usually give mine away to the first 6-10 year old with their parents on the ship. They don't seem to be all that impressed, but their parents do because they know what it means. The same with the dime store gift when it's appropriate. I did love the insulated glasses though. Eventually acquired a set. Loved them.

Good for you, this was a first for me to pick my gift up at the photo shop. Sometimes you are moved by The Big Guy to make someone happy right in front of you and  sometimes it works out. This little girl was so excited and the grandmother was able to take credit for the gift. I still feel that it’s nice that Carnival does this for us. 

When I lost my wife I donated 20 years of gifts that we never used, including the glasses. We had fun bickering to get rid of all of it. I still have the memories of the fun cruises. 😊🛳️ I still have a Carnival blanket and memories of a spot on a hill in Cabo that I will never give up. ❤️

• Like 7