Hideaway Beach at Perfect Day

For our next cruise next year, the beach club beach cabana and the Hideout cabana are only $100 apart with the beach club at $1,999 and the Hideout cabana at $1,899.  Beach club for the win on that one. If we get a cabana, we do it for the tranquility and semi-privacy. I would not be willing to pay almost the same amount for someone to be swimming directly in front of our cabana in the pool.  

The general entry fees however are much different with Beach club being substantially higher at $239 vs 43.99. We did purchase Hideaway beach just to check it out. If we hate it, we can grab a slice of pizza and leave and not be out a big chunk of money.  

8 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL.  Bucky and I never spend time in the pool areas on any ship.  (Which gives the chair hogs more territory! 😄 ).    Not a fan of the party/way too loud atmosphere, and won't get into any of the "bacteria soup" pots.  😉 

We looked at the day pass on cruise planner for a cruise in March and when I opened it and saw what I saw, we had the exact same impression!  No thanks but I'm sure there are many who will love it!

• Like 1

I can see this as a positive for the non-party crowd. If you take the party crowd to their own loud party place, it leaves a more relaxing environment for those who want to relax or have family time. However, I'm not sure how many in that young, party demographic would be willing to pay extra. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, mkmaj said:

I'm not sure how many in that young, party demographic would be willing to pay extra. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

^^This^^

Why would someone who just wanted a DJ, a pool and a cold drink pay for it when they can already get it for free ?

• Haha 1

The demographic Royal Caribbean wants to cater to are the younger generation that likes to open their wallets (actually their payment app) to pay for experiences.

Unfortunately they are no longer interested with the mature generations like most of us that post on a web based message board.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, cruise_co said:

For our next cruise next year, the beach club beach cabana and the Hideout cabana are only $100 apart with the beach club at $1,999 and the Hideout cabana at $1,899.  Beach club for the win on that one. If we get a cabana, we do it for the tranquility and semi-privacy. I would not be willing to pay almost the same amount for someone to be swimming directly in front of our cabana in the pool.  

The general entry fees however are much different with Beach club being substantially higher at $239 vs 43.99. We did purchase Hideaway beach just to check it out. If we hate it, we can grab a slice of pizza and leave and not be out a big chunk of money.  

We've paid less for a 7 day balcony cruise. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Vibe said:

The demographic Royal Caribbean wants to cater to are the younger generation that likes to open their wallets (actually their payment app) to pay for experiences

Speaking only for myself, back when I was the target audience for this Hideaway Beach party, I couldn't have afforded it.  

Now that I can easily afford it, I am not willing to open my wallet for this experience.  

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Vibe said:

The demographic Royal Caribbean wants to cater to are the younger generation that likes to open their wallets (actually their payment app) to pay for experiences.

Unfortunately they are no longer interested with the mature generations like most of us that post on a web based message board.

And yet they are building their next generation of ships to cater to families who will not be able to use the new Hide Your Wallet beach

• Like 1

I have booked it for our Wonder of the Seas cruise end of February with the idea that I can keep the reservation or cancel once reviews come out.  Honestly what pushed me to reserve it was the information that it will be a heated pool.  It is my understanding that the other pool is not heated.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong.  

Just now, orville99 said:

Next door neighbors have done several Viking cruises, and they loved them. My guess is that you will as well.

Thanks...I hate to put that expectation up too high...but indeed I have also heard nothing but good things about that line.  Hope it's true...have invested a bit of the nest egg into 4 more booked cruises with them.  😉 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Thanks...I hate to put that expectation up too high...but indeed I have also heard nothing but good things about that line.  Hope it's true...have invested a bit of the nest egg into 4 more booked cruises with them.  😉 

Did they offer any loyalty status reciprocity?

Sorry if this was asked and answered

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Did they offer any loyalty status reciprocity?

Sorry if this was asked and answered

Not sure if they even have a loyalty program, but will ask my neighbors when the get back from their cruise next week.

What am I missing?  The new adult beach club with a fee seems a lot like the party pool that is already there and free.   Generally, at the free pool there is loud music, lots of adults around the bar, and a party atmosphere. In fact, we generally avoid the area.  Snack shack food is available for free  at both locations, so the only addition at the new club  is Pizza.  

I'm happy to  stay under an umbrella at Chill Beach. 

M

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

What am I missing?  The new adult beach club with a fee seems a lot like the party pool that is already there and free.   Generally, at the free pool there is loud music, lots of adults around the bar, and a party atmosphere. In fact, we generally avoid the area.  Snack shack food is available for free  at both locations, so the only addition at the new club  is Pizza.  

I'm happy to  stay under an umbrella at Chill Beach. 

M

But, but, but…..the little ones won’t be there.  Gotta be worth the price, and not having to explain your behavior to them on Cococay when you get home, right? 😉  What happens in Hideaway Beach stays in Hideaway Beach. 

And pizza has to be worth something, right?! 🍕

• Haha 1