HAL Website Frustration

doone

I know this has been a hot topic, but I have to vent.  I have eventually been able to get into the HAL website, but the last 2 days I am unable to get in.  Yes, I have cleared my cookies, cache, even switched servers, but still getting log on errors............it seems to be getting worse, not better.  We should be able to log into the HAL website and search for whatever we want, but lately it's becoming more and more frustrating.

Thanks for letting me vent, hoping HAL is reading these complaints and will soon remedy this frustrating issue.😩

• Like 2

Using the website should be easy and effortless, but the past three days of trying to access the website have been impossible.  Yes, I've tried re-booting the computer and using different browsers to no avail.  Whoever designed their website hates people.  I have had issues in the past trying to access the website, but it has never been this bad.  All it does when I click on the website is just spin and spin never accessing the website.  Very frustrating when you are trying to plan a 2024 cruise.  In a related matter, we just returned from an Alaskan cruise last week and their "Navigator" app gave me and countless others fits.  Finally, the kind lady at Guest Services downloaded a newer version of the app.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, doone said:

I know this has been a hot topic, but I have to vent.  I have eventually been able to get into the HAL website, but the last 2 days I am unable to get in.  Yes, I have cleared my cookies, cache, even switched servers, but still getting log on errors............it seems to be getting worse, not better.  We should be able to log into the HAL website and search for whatever we want, but lately it's becoming more and more frustrating.

I've had the same issues and so has a friend I am cruising with.  Very frustrating.

• Like 1

I'd been doing okay using the website for the last several months and since I got back from my recent cruise the only way I can see anything is in Incognito, not even the public main site. As a programmer myself I'm appalled at the complete lack of development management, testing and version control for this business, whether it's outsourced or not. My sympathies to anyone trying to prepare for an upcoming trip; totally understand the justifiable venting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, WannaSea said:

I'd been doing okay using the website for the last several months and since I got back from my recent cruise the only way I can see anything is in Incognito, not even the public main site. As a programmer myself I'm appalled at the complete lack of development management, testing and version control for this business, whether it's outsourced or not. My sympathies to anyone trying to prepare for an upcoming trip; totally understand the justifiable venting.

Very well said. It's unbelievable that a website of a reputable company would be this bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Me too -- fo rat least the past week (probably longer).  I am not particularly computer literate, but websites catering to geezers like me (yes, that certainly i9ncludes HAL) usually make logon and basic navigating relatively simple.  Not HAL.  Not currently.  

Edited by d&a Delaware
bumped out of original message by mystery
  • Like 2

I've given up even trying to log in to HAL on my laptop.  DW has no problem getting on so I just use hers. 😉  We both have Macs, but she upgraded her browser to Safari 16.6 while I'm still using Safari 15.0.  I'm thinking that could be my culprit.   

16 minutes ago, cruisedd said:

I know this hasn't worked for everyone, but clearing the browser cookies solved this issue for me.

I think the incognito window does the same thing, without having to enter all of your passwords etc when you go back to non-incognito access to other sites.

Have been trying for several days to get on the site but it just hangs in "loading" but does not load. There was a brief notice once that HAL is doing website maintenance and access of accounts may not be possible. No time frame as to days or time of day. Happily my cruise is not until Jan. So no real cruise info needed until early November. Hoepfully they will have the issue fixed by then.

32 minutes ago, cruisedd said:

I know this hasn't worked for everyone, but clearing the browser cookies solved this issue for me.

Where are the browser cookine located and how do you clear them. Not really computer savy for the details beyond the very basics

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Not disputing your frustrations, but I have been on the Website, checking booked cruises, researching others, etc. for the past 3 days - including just now. Using an older desktop running Windows 10 with Edge and/or Chrome.

That's great for you, but I assure you that the people having problems aren't lying about it.

• Like 2

There are multiple threads full of numerous reports of frustrated people (myself included) who all too frequently cannot access either the website or some area of it. And yes, it does seem to be worse on the weekends. And no, clearing cookies/cache, changing browsers, going incognito, using different device (phone, tablet, computer), using different OS, blah, blah, blah, does not resolve the issue for any real length of time. Bottom line, it is an ongoing issue that is costing HAL $$ and frustrating passengers. And is really easily remedied.

Please help!!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

Where are the browser cookine located and how do you clear them.

This is not a good sign. Every web browser is different, and it can be difficult to find where this option is. Clearing cookies and cache should be done on regular basis as it can cause problems (like this) and certainly slows down your computer over time.

Do have any friends or family that can help you out?

Navigator was acting "wonky" so I uninstalled it today - used it yesterday to look up some things for upcoming cruise later this week and it worked fine, but today it was just glitchy.

So, with a cruise starting g in 14 days, I decided to re-install it. This is what I just got...

20231014_215436.jpg

3 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

Where are the browser cookine located and how do you clear them. Not really computer savy for the details beyond the very basics

Thanks.

It's easier to open an incognito tab (Chrome), private window (Safari), inprivate window (Edge). Cookie and data clearing procedures are different for each browser.