Ordering Bottled Water on Cruise Planner vs. Royal Gifts

We just booked a last minute weekend cruise on Allure for 12/1, and while in the cruise planner I noticed the price seemed quite expensive. On cruise planner, 12 bottles of Evian is $30.99 + gratuities and the price for 24 bottles is $54.99 + gratuities. However, I went over to the Royal Gifts section on RCL's main website, and I see the same 12 bottles of Evian to be only $19.99 and 24 bottles is $28.99.

Why is there such a large price difference? I went ahead and ordered the water through Royal Gifts, but should I be worried this order may be cancelled or not fulfilled on day 1 of the sailing? Has anybody else noticed this price difference and purchased the water through Royal Gifts versus the Cruise Planner?

We're not seeing that as an option for our upcoming cruises on Mariner or Adventure, so maybe that's only an option for Oasis class ships. Our only gift option for water is for 6 bottles in a cooler bag. Sorry I couldn't help.

They regularly have water in the planner with a bigger discount (30% I think) when they have one of their cruise planner promotions

If you have enough time wait till the next promotion

I didn't know you could buy water in Royal Gifts except for the deal with the cooler

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SilkySal said:

We're not seeing that as an option for our upcoming cruises on Mariner or Adventure, so maybe that's only an option for Oasis class ships. Our only gift option for water is for 6 bottles in a cooler bag. Sorry I couldn't help.

It's not ship class specific. Look under the 'Treats' category on the Gifts and Gear page. There should be a drop down menu for selecting the quantity, the ship and sailing date.

water.jpg

Edited by footzz
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Remember, if you would like you can take up to twelve 500ml (16.9 oz) bottles of water onboard with you.  You must carry it on (not in your checked bag) so it’s kind of a pain but you’ll pay far less.

Can you put a sticker and check it like a bag.

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You could several years ago. Not anymore.

Correct - it was good while it lasted - no more. Now you have to lug the heavy load yourself. Not worth the savings of bringing it onboard yourself IMHO. I always wait until there's a sale or buy the H2O from the gifts website - whichever is lower. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travelalot76 said:

Does anyone know what the size of the water bottles are order from Royal are? The image has a size, but is that true to what is actually delivered? Thanks.

On Mariner earlier this month they were the regular sized water bottles from bars and delivered to the room (16 oz I think).

I've had them range from weird sizes like 11 oz, up to the typical 16.9 oz.  Never the big liter ones or anything.  Never been Evian, but I don't care.  It does seem that they try to get you the total ounces that you ordered.  I felt like we had a pallet load of those little 11 oz bottle LOL. 

On 10/21/2023 at 5:28 PM, Jimbo said:

Someone just got this on Adventure of the Seas today.

1 liter bottles..........33 ounce bottles

That's a lot of water to drink in a week.

IMG_4387.jpeg.ca94f6aa963f7545723dddc3c3460503.jpeg

I drink over 4 liters of water a day...
With chronic kidney stones, it is kinda needed. But yes, it is more than most people need. 

On 10/20/2023 at 9:56 AM, teddybear231 said:

We just booked a last minute weekend cruise on Allure for 12/1, and while in the cruise planner I noticed the price seemed quite expensive. On cruise planner, 12 bottles of Evian is $30.99 + gratuities and the price for 24 bottles is $54.99 + gratuities. However, I went over to the Royal Gifts section on RCL's main website, and I see the same 12 bottles of Evian to be only $19.99 and 24 bottles is $28.99.

Why is there such a large price difference? I went ahead and ordered the water through Royal Gifts, but should I be worried this order may be cancelled or not fulfilled on day 1 of the sailing? Has anybody else noticed this price difference and purchased the water through Royal Gifts versus the Cruise Planner?

If you click Details it says 'Water brands may vary onboard.'

evian.jpg

On 10/21/2023 at 12:23 PM, Travelalot76 said:

Does anyone know what the size of the water bottles are order from Royal are? The image has a size, but is that true to what is actually delivered? Thanks.

Our last cruise in May the Evian bottles were one liter. 

The 12 liters were about $19.00 through cruise planner.

Edited by boscobeans

2 hours ago, graciekelli said:

I just went on my planner and there is a Halloween sale.  I paid $48 including the tip for 24 bottles.  I have no idea if I will get the Evian or how large the size.  We'll see.  We board on 10/30.

Thanks for this. That's about the cheapest it gets in the cruise planner (not the gift section).  I purchased the 12 pack of 1L bottles for $22.99 (plus grat).  The gift section has it for $19.99 but I can't select my particular sailing.  I'm happy with the $3 difference and knowing I'll have the waters.

9 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thanks for this. That's about the cheapest it gets in the cruise planner (not the gift section).  I purchased the 12 pack of 1L bottles for $22.99 (plus grat).  The gift section has it for $19.99 but I can't select my particular sailing.  I'm happy with the $3 difference and knowing I'll have the waters.

I purchased the 12 pack for our next cruise too in the planner instead of gifts to hopefully get Evian liter bottles instead of the smaller off-brand ones.  I could manage to drink those 2 cases posted above, I drink a lot of water!  On a cruise both with and without vodka added 🙂

• Like 2

On 10/25/2023 at 2:54 AM, LilBlackDress said:

If you click Details it says 'Water brands may vary onboard.'

evian.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not really concerned about the brand as much as I'm concerned about the price. I'll just order through Royal Gifts to save some $$$

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 8:44 AM, ShillyShally said:

I purchased the 12 pack for our next cruise too in the planner instead of gifts to hopefully get Evian liter bottles instead of the smaller off-brand ones.  🙂

I purchased it with the expectation that I will receive 12 1L bottle of Evian.  If I see 12 bottles of 500ml off brand water in the cabin I'll be off to GS for a refund.  That isn't what I ordered or what they marketed. There is no fine print that indicates they can substitute a lesser quantity which the typical off brand bottles would be.

ScreenShot2023-10-27at11_19_09AM.thumb.png.41668c998d9eedc400f0c869db494354.png

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 4