4 people, 1 cabin, 2 balcony chairs. How to get seating for 2 more?

cocomango

Should I bring foldable, portable beach chairs? 

Or can we use the table as a seat and then isn't there a chair/small ottoman in the cabin? 

I know it wouldn't be the most comfortable- but just enough for us to enjoy the outside for a few minutes all together. 

Tell me your ideas! 

Earlier this month in a cove balcony on the Celebration, we had the two chairs pushed close together on the side farthest from the door. The table was pushed up against the corner in front of the door. There would be no place for even one extra chair other than putting it in front of the door once it was closed, and even then there is not enough space for two people to stand while two were sitting. We loved the cove balcony and spent more time out there than we ever have in a regular balcony, but it really was very small. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Earlier this month in a cove balcony on the Celebration, we had the two chairs pushed close together on the side farthest from the door. The table was pushed up against the corner in front of the door. There would be no place for even one extra chair other than putting it in front of the door once it was closed, and even then there is not enough space for two people to stand while two were sitting.

I agree - loved our cove balcony but they are small.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Is that what they call the bowling alley balcony?

Yes and there all also some called bowling alley on the Conquest class  at the aft of the ship.

Edited by n6uqqq

Book 2 connecting balcony cabins.

Get 2 pool towels. 2 seat in chairs and 2 seat on balcony on the towels. I'm hoping the two on the towels are your kids and not adults. If adults get 2 balcony cabins.

18 minutes ago, cynt said:

Book 2 connecting balcony cabins.

Get 2 pool towels. 2 seat in chairs and 2 seat on balcony on the towels. I'm hoping the two on the towels are your kids and not adults. If adults get 2 balcony cabins.

We have gotten adjoining rooms before- then found out when we got on the ship that the balconies don't adjoin!  I think we had it once or twice that they were able to open it up and we had a long balcony.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cocomango said:

We have gotten adjoining rooms before- then found out when we got on the ship that the balconies don't adjoin!  I think we had it once or twice that they were able to open it up and we had a long balcony.  

Usually, if there is a connecting door inside the cabins, the balcony doors don’t open in between. That’s what we have been told. Because of where the doors to the balcony are and where the divider swings when it is open, it will block one of the doors. 

With 4 in cabin the balcony space is invaluable just to have a place for some people to be out of the way while others do something in the cabin (get ready for dinner, pack or unpack, get ready in the morning, etc ).

Not so much for all 4 of you to hang out on the balcony at once though.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

Walking down the halls when the stewards are cleaning the rooms, I peek in and see rooms set up for 4 with the trundles down and the couches made into beds. All cruise long there is no room in the room to do much of anything. It's nothing but beds.