Sad face-skipping CocoCay tomorrow

VernRDH

On Oasis, received a letter stating that due to adverse weather conditions we will not go to CocoCay tomorrow, instead we are going to Ft Lauderdale.  So another ship day for us and in 20 years of cruising on the second time we have missed one.

It was however our only beach day for this trip☹️

Bright side- we still aren't at work.

• Like 9

I feel your pain. I was supposed to go there twice in the last 5 years and both times canceled due to weather. 
3rd attempt will be in about 2 weeks on Oasis.

Fingers crossed!!!!  We reserved the water park and balloon.  

I also feel your pain!

We missed it on the Wonder last week due to windy conditions. It was our only beach day scheduled.- and my kids LOVE beach days. 

I would have booked my other excursions much differently if I had known. Next time, I'll probably plan for at least one other beach day.

Could we go to the beach in FLL? Yes.

Not quite the same as CocoCay, but doable.

We got the letter when we returned to our cabin around 8 pm.  We docked this morning at 7. Not that i am being cheap, but a beach day here is going to cost me where CC is a free day.

We may go to a beach in Nassau tomorrow instead. Yesterday was Canaveral, we did the Daytona speedway tour- highly recommend!

Still not at work, so lemons->>>lemonade.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We had Labadee canceled a few months because of several medical issues on board, and  ended up in Nassau,

When passengers are expecting a free beach, free beach chair/umbrellas, free lunch, use of the drink package, free transportation, substituting a day like Ft Lauderdale is $$$  and sad. 
m

• Like 4

12 hours ago, JayinAZ said:

I feel your pain. I was supposed to go there twice in the last 5 years and both times canceled due to weather. 
3rd attempt will be in about 2 weeks on Oasis.

Fingers crossed!!!!  We reserved the water park and balloon.  

Just an FYI, the balloon is not there right now. I was there last week and noticed the balloon was gone. I thought RCI finally came to their senses since the balloon rarely goes up due to wind on the island.  But I was told the balloon was being repaired and would be back in January. 

Are they canceling all the ships at Coco Cay or just the big girls?  We are supposed to be there Saturday on Freedom.  Looks like it might still be windy but hopefully it won't get canceled because it is our only stop.

6 hours ago, orkaren1 said:

Are they canceling all the ships at Coco Cay or just the big girls?  We are supposed to be there Saturday on Freedom.  Looks like it might still be windy but hopefully it won't get canceled because it is our only stop.

On Allure right now. Left yesterday with our revised itinerary that has us scheduled to be on CocoCay on Sunday (originally today which I knew would be a problem). Hope we can both dock but it does look like the wind is sticking around. 🤞

They just told us we will be cruising through swells tonight, from Tammy (odd). And rougher than normal seas. Been rough since last night. I guess it will get rougher???? Eek. Said we are docking an hour late at Coco and getting an extra hour there. We shall see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laumicmah said:

They just told us we will be cruising through swells tonight, from Tammy (odd). And rougher than normal seas. Been rough since last night. I guess it will get rougher???? Eek. Said we are docking an hour late at Coco and getting an extra hour there. We shall see. 

We were supposed to have rough seas overnight (on Allure) sailing southbound from PC and felt hardly anything. Hopefully it’s not too bad & you get to dock.

We are headed back to Bayonne, seas are moderate with a bit of motion. Warm and sunny though, so all in all a good day.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring as we will be further north, but I am still on a ship, having a good time.

5 hours ago, laumicmah said:

Seas were rough last night. But we docked at like 10:30am at Coco Cay. Here until 6pm. We are waiting to get off after lunch. 

Glad to hear! Bit of rain in the forecast for Sunday (which could easily be wrong) but as long as we can dock, I don’t care much about the weather. It was very hot on the beach in Cozumel today. I’m fine with some clouds & wind, lol.

On 10/25/2023 at 8:33 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just an FYI, the balloon is not there right now. I was there last week and noticed the balloon was gone. I thought RCI finally came to their senses since the balloon rarely goes up due to wind on the island.  But I was told the balloon was being repaired and would be back in January. 

I just checked my B2B in June and both weeks have the overpriced balloon offer.

Out of 6 cruises with cococay on itinerary, we've been there 3 times. However 1 of those times we were off the ship for an hour before everyone was called back on the ship. Quite scary walking the pier in the high winds. Crossed fingers for our quick cruise in Dec 

On 10/25/2023 at 5:48 AM, laumicmah said:

We are on Adventure and supposes to go Friday. Hope we do because we aren't getting off in Tortolla today because the DH got badly sunburned feet in St Croix yesterday. 

Dab some vinegar on it.  Seriously.   You can get it in the MDR