Royal points transfer over to Celebrity cruises

jeanneful

This is the exact same as it has been for some time.  The only change is the lounge.  Not points.

21 minutes ago, jeanneful said:

IMG_3530.jpeg

Sorry, this isn’t anything new.  This is how it has been for a while. The only difference is that there is now a lounge for a few days.  We have cruised with Celebrity twice in the last year and this is nothing new.

16 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

This is the exact same as it has been for some time.  The only change is the lounge.  Not points.

Sorry, this isn’t anything new.  This is how it has been for a while. The only difference is that there is now a lounge for a few days.  We have cruised with Celebrity twice in the last year and this is nothing new.

Okay thanks for your input 

33 minutes ago, rockmom said:

The only thing new about this is they are now inviting us to a lounge they have created for Elites.  Everything else was already in place.  No transfer of points.  

Celebrity used to use Sky lounge for Elites (except for the 1st day). Even in 2019.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Celebrity used to use Sky lounge for Elites (except for the 1st day). Even in 2019.

but I think that went away post Covid.  So now it's back, sort of?  But mostly you get your drinks at various bars during 'happy hour' and it hasn't been in a specific location.  

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Just to be clear; your status transfers, NOT your points. 

Also, you start with 0 points with Celebrity so you have to get all the points required to move up to the next level. If you move up to the next level on RCL, it has 0 effect on your X status, it’s a one time deal.

1 hour ago, jeanneful said:

Got an email today Happy to know my point transfer to Celebrity Cruises!! Now I’m Elite on Celebrity ❤️

IMG_3527.png

IMG_3529.png

I got the same email.  I knew already that status transfers, as it has been for years, but the wording of the email could have been more clear.   I had to read it a couple of times to understand that basically they are just putting together a dedicated gathering point a 2-3 times a cruise for Elite and above.

I just wish Celebrity would follow Royal and implement the drink vouchers for Elite and above.  The "happy hour" concept doesn't work for us.  It just happens to be right around the time we are getting ready for and eating dinner.  

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Also, you start with 0 points with Celebrity so you have to get all the points required to move up to the next level. If you move up to the next level on RCL, it has 0 effect on your X status, it’s a one time deal.

Not sure if I'm reading this right.

In our case, our first cruise on X was in 2017 when we were platinum on Royal.  That cruise we were Select on X.  We are taking a cruise in December on X and are now Diamond on Royal.  We are are Elite on X even though we've only sailed with them once before.

52 minutes ago, rockmom said:

but I think that went away post Covid.  So now it's back, sort of?  But mostly you get your drinks at various bars during 'happy hour' and it hasn't been in a specific location.  

Yes it was suspended after Covid.

Also it is a bit different... servers with Hors D'oeuvre go around.

Drinks you get from the lounge and other bars. Kind of like RCI had before, but outside drinks are unlimited. (all from 5 to 7 pm) However just like RCI had before pandemic drinks are from limited Captains club menu. Although this menu was IMHO better than RCI Diamond menu before.

• Like 1

I’m going on my first Celebrity cruise next year, and although I go over as Elite, the Lounge scenario doesn’t really mean much to me. I rarely use Diamond/Crown Club during those hours. I guess for those that like to socialize during happy hour times, it will be a nice addition. I travel solo, so I usually like to go to a fave bar. Since Celebrity has limited happy hour times, I will still find a fave bar (Celebrity Edge)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 4:51 PM, Ashland said:

The lounge only limited number of nights...MEH...They should have had this option every night like RCI does...so not impressed.

It has always been limited nights even before they temporarily stopped for a while.

Someone please explain in slow English but if I am Emerald on RCCL, I get the benefits of Select on CCL. But if I book a CCL cruise it does not add to my points to move up to Diamond on RCCL. Even though they are the same group. So if I am getting close to Diamond, I should just stay with RCCL. That sound right? Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Cruising started said:

Someone please explain in slow English but if I am Emerald on RCCL, I get the benefits of Select on CCL. But if I book a CCL cruise it does not add to my points to move up to Diamond on RCCL. Even though they are the same group. So if I am getting close to Diamond, I should just stay with RCCL. That sound right? Thanks in advance.

Status transfers up to Diamond/Elite but points do not so if getting to Diamond on RCI is on your radar then yes you should stick with RCI to earn points.