Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, marymount said:

How long did it take to get into international waters, to be able to get an alcoholic drink? Does that apply to sodas too? We have the Plus Package.

I really don’t know. I drank my wine first. Then when I went out and got my first drink I guess we were there. I didn’t hear an announcement or anything.

• Like 4

On 11/14/2023 at 5:09 PM, Saint Greg said:

You see a lot of concerts on the schedule. I think this is Sanford and sons.

IMG_6537.jpeg

You were trying to be funny right?  Mumford, not Sanford.

On 11/16/2023 at 2:03 PM, Saint Greg said:

IMG_7059.jpeg

Does Princess let you use your Plus drink package while at Mahogony Bay, like RCCL does at their private beaches, or do you have to pay for them?  If you have to pay for them, could you take a cooler bag with you from your cabin with all those Coronas you have been stockpiling and take them to the beach with you?

On 11/16/2023 at 2:50 PM, Saint Greg said:

IMG_7100.thumb.jpeg.dcd897702478d9c332500240e9694d6f.jpeg

I read different opinions on the following.  If my wife and I went to Alfredo's (we both have the Plus package), and I ordered the prix fixe offering we get twice per cruise along with a drink or two and she just orders a drink, can she share my pizza with me?  Some had said no a couple of months ago and that she would have to use one of her 2 visits if she just had some of my pizza.  Also, can you get leftover pizza to go from Alfredo's or the entire meal to go?

54 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Great review as always, glad that  trying new lines seems to have  been successful. I considered Princess for Alaska previously but ended up changing my mind. Glad to see this review because while it was a beautiful ship with lots to do and that comfy bed it gave me a Royal Caribbean vibe, seemed like an older crowd and the food pics didn't really appeal to me. I know not much to judge a cruise line for but RC is my least favorite of the lines I have cruised.

Guess I will just focus on Carnival and NCL until MSC makes it's way to Galveston😁 Can't wait for the Jubilee review since Celebration was my favorite ship/cruise so far.

I should clarify my older crowd comment. I'm part of the older crowd but there's older crowds that are the cranky, sour grape, complainer type and then there's the older crowd of fun loving, have a great time older crowd lol.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2023 at 8:39 AM, Saint Greg said:

Today is my 37th day on a ship this year. I think my previous record was 27 last year.

You made me count...most cruising I've done in a year (retirement has it's perks😉)

I will hit EXACTLY 100 this year! WOW! (40 solo days)

Thanks for sharing your cruise with everyone. 

We sail the Regal for 28 days in April (TA plus British Isles).

Can't wait!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, marymount said:

How long did it take to get into international waters, to be able to get an alcoholic drink? Does that apply to sodas too? We have the Plus Package.

It is not too long once the ship sails away.

But if departure is delayed, so is the serving of alcohol.

Ther reason for this is twofold.

1) Texas law requires any alcoholic beverage sold in the state has to have been purchased from a Texas distributer.

2) Princess usually just usually purchases a very limited variety of beer, wine, liquor from Texas distributers, limiting what can be served while in Texas waters. If no alcohol is being served at all, then Princess really went cheap choosing not to purchase any alcohol beverage from a Texas distributer.

Once, due to weather, our cruise from Galveston did not leave until around 8 AM the next day. That meant very limited selection for those who like wine at dinner.

On our Princess cruise last December from Galveston, everyone with a package received an OBC to compensate for not being able to get the beverages people preferred.

Of course all beverages other than those with alcohol are available from the minute you board the ship.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mike & Zen said:

From Cruiseypop, on their Discovery Princess Live thread yesterday:

They upgraded the medallion door screen this morning.  New fresh look and they no longer display last name, just initial.  I previously saw a lot of complaints on this privacy issue, so Princess listens!!”

They read this thread because the Saint spoke😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s how it was looking when I left. I didn’t know if that’s just something they did on debarkation day or what. But all week it was full names. I still don’t like names at all on it. But that’s better than the full name.

I wouldn’t like it all. Especially if I was a solo occupant. I too would have it removed 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, HxFx said:

Eeek! I can't imagine why they would do that. I'd be tempted to put some duct tape over it.

And see the weird thing is I never actually saw my name until this morning when they changed it up. Because anytime I got close, it unlocked my door and that changes the screen to my logo and “door unlocked.” But I could see it on other doors and assumed it was on mine when my medallion wasn’t near it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Now that I’m out of the room I can tell you my least favorite thing about this ship

Your name is on the door. Full name. Entire cruise. I can walk down the hallway and read all the names. In fact there’s a chance one of our marketing people is on the ship.

IMG_7980.thumb.jpeg.adbacf8a92b882f8f797f3de1bb541c1.jpeg

Princess seems to be making changes to this at least on the Discovery Princess currently.  It now displays first name, last initial.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

How was the traffic leaving Galveston? A friend knows that I will be sailing on the Regal out of Galveston soon. and she sent me a story she saw online about huge delays on 45 going north out of Galveston. Hoping that isn't a long term problem.

I didn’t have any traffic. I was going well over the speed limit.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3