Drinks in suite lounge

2 minutes ago, West Windsor girl said:

Are drinks complementary in the suite loungers for Grean Suites before dinner?

There is a 3-hour complimentary nightly open bar (usually 5-8pm or so).

On Oasis class, you also get free beer, wine, seltzer, soda, bottled water in the SL from 11am-11pm daily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West Windsor girl said:

Are drinks complementary in the suite loungers for Grean Suites before dinner?

There are complimentary drinks available in the suite lounge during happy hour for those sailing in grand suites and above.  If you are sailing on an Oasis class ship, there is also free beer, wine, soda and bottled water available from 11am to 11pm.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There are complimentary drinks available in the suite lounge during happy hour for those sailing in grand suites and above.  If you are sailing on an Oasis class ship, there is also free beer, wine, soda and bottled water available from 11am to 11pm.

Echo… echo… echo…

• Haha 7

On 11/12/2023 at 3:18 PM, OCSC Mike said:

There is a 3-hour complimentary nightly open bar (usually 5-8pm or so).

On Oasis class, you also get free beer, wine, seltzer, soda, bottled water in the SL from 11am-11pm daily.

Is there a set menu of drinks during the nightly open bar or can I order anything?

Just now, gerig said:

Is there a set menu of drinks during the nightly open bar or can I order anything?

You can order anything you'd like.  I always ask for Grey Goose vodka and there isn't a problem with that.  I believe there used to be "house" brands offered, but I haven't seen that in quite a while. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoperDK said:

You can order anything you'd like.  I always ask for Grey Goose vodka and there isn't a problem with that.  I believe there used to be "house" brands offered, but I haven't seen that in quite a while. 

Great I'm hoping they have whispering angel rose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is true in the Crown Lounge, not the Suite Lounge.  Drinks in the suite lounge are unlimited and do not require vouchers.

They are not totally unlimited, the amount of drinks are but some wines and ultra top shelf liquor might go over the limit . So if we order a glass of wine that list for 17 ship may have a 15 dollar limit so you pay the difference plus 20 percent tip so it will cost 2.30. 

It may depend on the ship.  And it changes over time.  For a while it was only a drink list similar to the Diamond Lounge.  Other times it has been pretty much anything.  Other times no frozen drinks.

And while the policy is you cannot take drinks out of the lounge, every cruise we have been offered to have glasses of wine to take to dinner.  And those glasses are a heavier pour that normal. 😄

22 hours ago, gerig said:

For the most part it's truly open bar (short of wanting top shelf stuff), though on smaller ships that have the bar in the lounge (Radiance class) there may be a limited selection.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SRF said:

It may depend on the ship.  And it changes over time.  For a while it was only a drink list similar to the Diamond Lounge.  Other times it has been pretty much anything.  Other times no frozen drinks.

And while the policy is you cannot take drinks out of the lounge, every cruise we have been offered to have glasses of wine to take to dinner.  And those glasses are a heavier pour that normal. 😄

I will be on the symphony of the seas next month.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Whispering Angel Rose is a favorite of mine but I've found complimentary wines in the Suite Lounge are not at that price point. 

Hope they have something not too sweet -otherwise its champagne

Just last week on the allure we would usually go in at 5 for suite lounge snacks and at least a couple cocktails, then come back to coastal kitchen for dinner at around 7:30 with a couple more cocktails before 8.  By the time it became past 8, we would relegate back to wine or beer!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Whispering Angel Rose is a favorite of mine but I've found complimentary wines in the Suite Lounge are not at that price point. 

On my last 3 cruises in the past 2 months, WA has been readily poured as the rose available, with no up charge. 

Even in the MDR where the menu states it’s only available by the bottle. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

Heads up on the selection of the "free beer/wine" during the 11 -11 for full suites.  

DH used to enjoy his Heineken and Stella for that time slot, now it is limited to canned (U.S) domestic cheap beer.  And the wine...OMG...awful!!  It's their own label brand.  Really bad.  

Luckily had plenty of vouchers to use during those hours.  

This was the case on Wonder last week.  Not sure if all Oasis class ships have gone to that, but I am assuming they have.  Yet another RCI cut back.  😖

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Heads up on the selection of the "free beer/wine" during the 11 -11 for full suites.  

DH used to enjoy his Heineken and Stella for that time slot, now it is limited to canned (U.S) domestic cheap beer.  And the wine...OMG...awful!!  It's their own label brand.  Really bad.  

Luckily had plenty of vouchers to use during those hours.  

This was the case on Wonder last week.  Not sure if all Oasis class ships have gone to that, but I am assuming they have.  Yet another RCI cut back.  😖

I am also diamond plus so my question is will they have better choices if I use one of my vouchers during happy hour?

1 hour ago, gerig said:

I am also diamond plus so my question is will they have better choices if I use one of my vouchers during happy hour?

From 5-8 (assuming you are full suite) the drinks are the same using vouchers or their included offerings.  We had no problem with asking for, and receiving "the good stuff" while on board Wonder in the SL last week.     

Trouble is, we had no way of knowing if the zero amounts that showed up on our account were from using vouchers or included SL happy hour drinks.  But we never go over our six drinks a person anyway...so free is free to us.  😉 

• Like 1