Fur coat and no knickers

jaxw17

Just now, zap99 said:

Folk are quick to judge, often with nothing to go on but their own prejudices. Children enjoying themselves on holiday. They must come from Broken homes and be working class.🤣

Agree totally. When my boys were kids they would go to the local playing fields with neighbours and friends to play football, using the council provided goal posts. An elderly gentleman used to complain to the police about kids running riot, he used to take photos of them "as evidence".

• Like 1

Just now, FangedRose said:

Agree totally. When my boys were kids they would go to the local playing fields with neighbours and friends to play football, using the council provided goal posts. An elderly gentleman used to complain to the police about kids running riot, he used to take photos of them "as evidence".

Old men taking photos of kids may find themselves in big trouble nowadays.

15 hours ago, zap99 said:

We purchased a box of heroes for Christmas. Yum, yum.. 🤣

We have already eaten a tin of Quality Street!!! You have to taste them don’t you to make sure they taste the same as last year before you buy some for Xmas?

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

33 minutes ago, sandancer said:

You can’t beat a Toblerone. The fruit and nut one especially. We bought a big one to take on Azura. Never touched it. Brought it home and within 3 days it was gone. Those post cruise blues have a lot to answer for. 

We bought three of the fruit and nut ones on Aurora, a bit expensive at three  for sixteen quid but we had to use the OBC. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We have tried a couple of the different varieties, but IMHO the original is still by far the best.

They are all good, Aurora had five different flavours and it was a dilemma picking, but the fruit and nut just have the edge for us, however if someone offered me a piece of any of them I wouldn't turn it down.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2023 at 10:38 PM, scooby1 said:

Cruising has become way cheaper, we managed to book a 14 days cruise cheaper than it was to get a good half board hotel in the Balearics, that never used to be the case.  

Totally agree. 

We did our first P&O cruise in 2009. Just over £1600pp for 2 weeks in an outside cabin, free parking.  We were pleased with that.

Just over a week ago, booked 12 nights on Ventura in a Superior Deluxe Balcony on a late Saver fare for three of us.  Just over £1600 (a bit of TA discount).  Works out at £47pppn.  Although a week later those prices were no longer available, I noticed that inside cabins were still be sold at £499pp, £41.58pppn for two.   Depending on location and dates you can't get a Premier Inn for that.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

We have already eaten a tin of Quality Street!!! You have to taste them don’t you to make sure they taste the same as last year before you buy some for Xmas?

Michelle

What a coincidence - I have been very naughty and bought two tins only this morning.  My only excuse is they were on offer at two for a tenner!   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We have tried a couple of the different varieties, but IMHO the original is still by far the best.

I'll say this quietly because I don't want to shock any chocolate connoisseurs.

I love the white chocolate Toblerone. I know it's not technically 'chocolate' but I love it.

Avril

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Totally agree. 

We did our first P&O cruise in 2009. Just over £1600pp for 2 weeks in an outside cabin, free parking.  We were pleased with that.

Just over a week ago, booked 12 nights on Ventura in a Superior Deluxe Balcony on a late Saver fare for three of us.  Just over £1600 (a bit of TA discount).  Works out at £47pppn.  Although a week later those prices were no longer available, I noticed that inside cabins were still be sold at £499pp, £41.58pppn for two.   Depending on location and dates you can't get a Premier Inn for that.

Yeah used to be a rule of thumb was £100pppn or thereabouts. I mean who doesn’t like a cheaper holiday but it comes with a double impact of quality of service and more. Many might not even notice but as you say from the 2000s it was 2008 for our first cruise when you had the chocolates on the pillows to the food that was genuinely impressive. 

Now the sauce’s on the meals seem synthetic and mass produced, tomato soup isn’t fresh and more. It’s a shame that in reality they always want maximum occupancy at all costs and then upsell the trips, drinks and shop sales. Oh and forget being able to get a sun bed these days it’s like Butlins. 

• Like 1

Isn't the chocolate in the dryers rumour something that gets wheeled out every now and then for the last goodness knows how many years?  It might have happened once but since then anyone relaying the story has never actually seen proof of it or knows anyone that has. So normally just one of the incorrect rumours that circulate around the ship, normally started in the place where it was supposed to have happened, the launderette, but noone saw it. 

3 minutes ago, scooby1 said:

Yeah used to be a rule of thumb was £100pppn or thereabouts. I mean who doesn’t like a cheaper holiday but it comes with a double impact of quality of service and more. Many might not even notice but as you say from the 2000s it was 2008 for our first cruise when you had the chocolates on the pillows to the food that was genuinely impressive. 

Now the sauce’s on the meals seem synthetic and mass produced, tomato soup isn’t fresh and more. It’s a shame that in reality they always want maximum occupancy at all costs and then upsell the trips, drinks and shop sales. Oh and forget being able to get a sun bed these days it’s like Butlins. 

You can always get a sunbed at Butlins. Warners don't have many, but Abu Dhabi do.

• Haha 1