Chef's table experience has been downgraded by coporate

DrSch

On 11/18/2023 at 12:56 AM, Steelers36 said:

What has made you think that because clearly the menu you had it not being served on other ships. 

It will be a sad day of the chef on each ship cannot use his/her own creativity in coming up with the CT or WMD.  I do understand that 360 is coordinated with the sensory stuff - and that one will change BTW.  Only the whole experience will change along with menu.  But as long as the theme is the current one, I imagine the dishes stay the same.

@Steelers36I wouldn't hold my breath for the 360 to change.  When was the last time you saw a new Production Show in the Princess Theater? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sailfish said:

Is this something you book on the ship. Or can it be pre-booked before the cruise?

Historically, and the case today, experiences like CT and WMD are only booked once on the ship.  Princess has recently opened up the 360 experience for advance booking via Dine My Way.

9 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

That is McDonalds claim to fame.  Their burger tastes the same everywhere in the world. It is also boring. I haven't been to a McDonalds in decades.

Branding is popular with successful businesses. So is cost management.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Historically, and the case today, experiences like CT and WMD are only booked once on the ship.  Princess has recently opened up the 360 experience for advance booking via Dine My Way.

Is it open for advance booking for all or just those in a suite?  

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I have read on here that open for all.  At least all for whom the lottery app allows it.  LOL.

Full suites will get a free invitation. There may be a few others who get one but most will pay. Remember this is only on 2 ships the Enchanted and the Discovery 

3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

When does the Invitation come for a Suite guest? Do you have a choice of date/time? 

My call came a few weeks before sailing   Yes you get your pick of days and there are 2 sittings per evening 

• Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 4:55 PM, Cruise Junky said:

We did it years ago and Master Chef Alfredo Marzi was onboard and did ours. Incredible but there’s no way to top that one and haven’t done it since.  Risotto to die for.   

Agree...can't beat a Marzi Chef's Table.  Glad we had that experience.  

On 11/18/2023 at 6:44 AM, awsdrew said:

The OP had Chef's Table on Caribbean Princess which is not Lumiere, but I had many of the same dishes OP had on Discovery, which is a Lumiere experience. 

With all this said, this is anecdotal evidence. I'm actually now curious where the OP got their information from?

I am on Majestic now (Chef's Table Lumiere) and we had the "new" corporate menu,  and we're told about the corporate consistent deal as well by the Director of Restaurant Operations. He announced it to the entire table.

• Thanks 1

This week on Ruby Princess, we experienced our third Chef'sTable. This one had the standardized menu, it was fine. Although, it's hard to beat that first experience in Lumiere we both agreed the food was best at this one, and the amount of food was not overwhelming.

2 hours ago, Outerdog said:

Someone needs to explain to Princess what "chef's table" means. Because now it sounds like paying more to eat at the MDR.

It is a meal with very good food but huge amounts of food. If want to eat an entire bowl of soup and then an entire bowl of risotto followed by steak and lobster plus dessert this is for you. Too much food for me

We eschew any specialty dining on board in favor of excursions that include lunch in a local home.

Had an unforgettable meal in a home in Turkey where the host pushed back her living room furniture, set up card tables for our group of 10, and then served Turkish food that she had cooked in her kitchen that morning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2023 at 9:27 AM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Is it open for advance booking for all or just those in a suite?  

We are in a suite on the Discovery in February and I was able to book 360 under the Dining tab (on the App). I was not charged anything when I hit the payment section. Options for times were 5:30 PM and 7:30 PM. I question whether invites will go out now that we can book it in the App. The venue only holds 20. If you want to go I would book it when you can just to be safe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We are in a suite on the Discovery in February and I was able to book 360 under the Dining tab (on the App). I was not charged anything when I hit the payment section. Options for times were 5:30 PM and 7:30 PM. I question whether invites will go out now that we can book it in the App. The venue only holds 20. If you want to go I would book it when you can just to be safe.

Hmmmm...wonder if they will be adding additional times.

I can book 360 in the dining experiences app for $149, and not in a suite. 

10 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Hmmmm...wonder if they will be adding additional times.

I can book 360 in the dining experiences app for $149, and not in a suite. 

I would say no to adding more times. The event lasts a while making the 5:30 and 7:30 times about right. This is why I say book it if you want to do it. That way you get the time and day you want. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Since it is a perk for suites I do not think you need to book in advance. It is kind of like the specialty dining embarkation night for suites you will have it   Never had to book the specialty dinner in advance either

While I have taken part in the Chef's Table twice in the past.  The first experience was less than optimal because of some of the guests with whom we had to share the experience.  We signed up for the second one just in the hope that our fellow diners would be a bit more gracious.  The second one was quite enjoyable.

The news that Princess is going to a fixed menu for the Chef's Table is a bit disappointing.  To me the idea of the Chef's Table is to allow the Executive Chef to show some of his own creativity to make each event a unique experience for the diners.  Maybe they'll change the name to the McChef's Table.

My sarcasm aside, there is a "Live From" on this board right now in which the posters participated in the Chef's Table with this new standard menu.  The menu, in fact, looks pretty attractive, to me.  The posters seemed to enjoy it quite a bit, and their pictures of the various dishes were quite attractive

I am also glad to hear that the appetizers are no longer served in the galley.  That seemed weird to me.  I was not, and it seemed that others were not, comfortable in that environment.

In the future, I think Mrs. XBGuy and I will stick with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.  Yes, the menu hasn't changed since our first experience in 2013. but we absolutely love being pampered by our own (at least it seems like they are our own} two servers.  Also, I know the wine will be outstanding because I'll bring it from my inventory.   😁

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, memoak said:

Since it is a perk for suites I do not think you need to book in advance. It is kind of like the specialty dining embarkation night for suites you will have it   Never had to book the specialty dinner in advance either

Right but I do just so I can get the restaurant and time I want. Makes it easier IMO but to each their own. 😁