Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

12 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yep, naked eye they are white, when you take a picture they are a rainbow of color.  Our eyes can’t account for them as each moment is a snapshot, the camera is slower view, hence more color.

12 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Way more beautiful and impressive, haven’t been to Victoria, but I can’t imagine they are better.  The falls in South America go on and on.  It is not just one set of falls they are across a wide area, and are stacked on top of each other.  They cover a very large area.

jc

Been to Vic Falls a few times and the mist from the falls while in flood is quite impressive.  It can be seen from 25 miles away, can be heard from miles away, creates it's own rainforest surrounding the falls and once a month at the full moon, displays the rare moonbow phenomenon.  This is also best seen with a camera rather than the naked eye, like Aurora Borealis.  My phone camera photos from that event aren't great, but, if you Google it, you'll see some impressive photos taken from far better cameras than mine.

The falls themselves are very impressive.  I hope to one day get to Iguazu, as well.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, island lady said:

🙂   Happily our doctors understand different circumstances.  

Same. Travel constantly, hadn't had a physical "Home" in 16yrs staying Long Term Hotels, with Daughter/Grand Daughter or caring for Parents off/on last 10+ yrs very fortunate have understanding Doctors. Multiple times Ice Storms and CV keeping me away ZOOM visits 1-2 times a yr really helped last couple. Also had great local Pharmacists until 3yrs ago, Walgreens bought them out...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was just thinking of something like the Costa Concordia. When they are off duty are they completely on their own time or would they have responsibilities in such a situation. I totally get that they deserve their down time. I was just wondering.

Yup, as I said...good question.  Though with the Costa Concordia...I think the captain was the worst of the lot.  😱

• Like 3

20 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks my friend.  Some just don't get it. 

What about children with hearing problems, or the little tykes with thick glasses, or worse...the poor kids with Diabetes and severe allergies.  Indeed nothing to do with age...age does not help matters...but the seniors are not the only ones that need health help.  

Oh...and my heart medicine is from having a bad heart from when I was a baby.  Meds help me live with it.  🙂 

Standing ovation required for this post.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was just thinking of something like the Costa Concordia. When they are off duty are they completely on their own time or would they have responsibilities in such a situation. I totally get that they deserve their down time. I was just wondering.

As I posted a few pages ago, we were told by crew that it is a very low limit at any time and a quick google found this (for NCL employees) which seems to confirm that, indeed it's a lower limit than the UK drink/drive limit. I imagine RCL rules are fairly similar.

https://www.kingsrecruit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/F301-Drug-and-Alcohol-Policy-for-Shipboard-Personnel.pdf

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BND said:

We've attended several on Vision class and no, they don't put plastic down.  The eggs are usually encased in something.  We also have enjoyed the paper airplane contest a few times.

I have been to many on Vision class and Radiance class ships, and they ALWAYS put plastic down.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have been to many on Vision class and Radiance class ships, and they ALWAYS put plastic down.

And, I've never seen plastic. 🙂

Egg drop was from Deck 9 (not a huge difference from 10, but just for the sake of accuracy.  Deck 9 sticks out so you can drop things from it without them landing on decks 8, 7, 6, or 5 before getting to 4), and they did put down something -- I was on Deck 6 watching, so it looked like paper to me. I didn't stay for the whole thing, but they did draw on the paper on the floor to mark where different contraptions landed as there was a "bulls eye" to aim for and I think whoever got closest to the bulls eye without a cracked or broken egg would score higher than others who weren't as close.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, kernow said:

As I posted a few pages ago, we were told by crew that it is a very low limit at any time and a quick google found this (for NCL employees) which seems to confirm that, indeed it's a lower limit than the UK drink/drive limit. I imagine RCL rules are fairly similar.

https://www.kingsrecruit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/F301-Drug-and-Alcohol-Policy-for-Shipboard-Personnel.pdf

I've read some posts about "wild" crew parties and that was what got me thinking. I now think those parties are probably not so wild.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Plastic sheeting put down for the one they did on board last week.  And they even drew a couple of circles on it for "bullseye" target for extra points...though with the angle the contraptions were tossed from on deck 9, it was almost impossible to make it over that far.  

Actually the first time I have seen the plastic sheeting for one of these events.  

19 minutes ago, LadyZolt said:

Egg drop was from Deck 9 (not a huge difference from 10, but just for the sake of accuracy.  Deck 9 sticks out so you can drop things from it without them landing on decks 8, 7, 6, or 5 before getting to 4), and they did put down something -- I was on Deck 6 watching, so it looked like paper to me. I didn't stay for the whole thing, but they did draw on the paper on the floor to mark where different contraptions landed as there was a "bulls eye" to aim for and I think whoever got closest to the bulls eye without a cracked or broken egg would score higher than others who weren't as close.  

Deck 9 sticks out quite a ways further than deck 10.  I used deck 10 to test my contraption for a short fly while Bucky was down on that more extended area of deck 9 to collect it.  Didn't do too bad, but I was eliminated due to a crack (not break) in my egg.  It was fun.  😉 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks my friend.  Some just don't get it. 

What about children with hearing problems, or the little tykes with thick glasses, or worse...the poor kids with Diabetes and severe allergies.  Indeed nothing to do with age...age does not help matters...but the seniors are not the only ones that need health help.  

Oh...and my heart medicine is from having a bad heart from when I was a baby.  Meds help me live with it.  🙂 

Amen!

My blood pressure medication is due to genetic reasons - I've done everything right to lower it if it were caused by things I can control. It's just genetic. Verified by my doctor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Congrats on getting your Rare Badge😇

Thanks!  Not much I did to deserve it...and had help from another member as a "nudge" to the Mods to do so.  😉   Totally unexpected.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Not much I did to deserve it...and had help from another member as a "nudge" to the Mods to do so.  😉   Totally unexpected.  

Reporting live from the SR on the UWC our roving reporter, Pat along with her special guest Bucky.😁🍷

Edited by doghog
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've read some posts about "wild" crew parties and that was what got me thinking. I now think those parties are probably not so wild.

Not everyone has to be drunk to be "wild".

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Hi Nancy!  As @CSHS1979 mentioned, I boarded in BA and stay on until Los Angeles.  Be sure to tell Grant “Hi” for me.

Nice!!!!!  Have a great time onboard with your good friends, Pat!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What did it cost to do that kind of excursion?

Again someone asking what something cost and not getting drilled about asking the price of something.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

You're super blessed in this regard! I sincerely doubt that you intended any offense, and you're getting swatted pretty hard for your off-the-cuff comment. 💜  Ref good health, we're all potentially one doctor visit, one fall, one stroke, etc, away from our lives changing. My DH and I have had to cancel three cruises in the past year.

Correct  didn't post that to offend anyone or to get a lesson at what age or why people start to have to take meds.

But  I guess that is where this thread went after my post.

I'm not stupid I know people of all ages take meds for various reason.

So sorry if I offended anyone.

• Like 13

Details sketchy, but 7 meter waves and gale force winds in Drakes Passage if we do our scheduled itinerary.  

Making a run for Ushuaia and will head back to Falkland Islands later in week

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, BND said:

This is new information.  Normally, they do not.  Sometimes I wonder who is posting.

Umm, I'm on the ship, it's a unique voyage, things are different, and rightfully so.

Maybe y'all following along are clueless 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Details sketchy, but 7 meter waves and gale force winds in Drakes Passage if we do our scheduled itinerary.  

Making a run for Ushuaia and will head back to Falkland Islands later in week

Going around the Horn sounds interesting later in the voyage. Waves are 15ft there now. Does the Captain have a short cut to avoid that?