LIVE SIDE-BY-SIDE Celebrity Summit Retreat & Seascape Yacht Club 12/9-21/2023 ~ 1st MSC vs Farewell (?) X Suite Experience

Stem to Stern

Paul & Tim,

Hi!   I just caught up with your 'Live'.  I love all of the information and details and can already tell it will be enjoyable to follow along.  

Have two wonderful cruises! 🚢 🚢

How exciting...you will be boarding later today!   That feeling NEVER gets old!  🥳

❤️

Kelly 😃

aka CoCo 

🍹

Happy to have met you & Tim on the Equinox in 2021 - Return to Cruising.  🥰

How fun... you're cruising with Rosie @Ellesor826! 🌹

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

MSC Cruises Communication

For the most part I have been fairly impressed with the communication I have received from MSC Cruises.

There is an understated elegance about it.  

They don’t overfill the inbox with advertising.

IMG_9175.thumb.jpeg.f4113844d82c6b7f36d6d48e883b1ff8.jpeg

Email received 6 days before embarkation day

IMG_9177.thumb.jpeg.cccb633b966d1152db10fffa82062c17.jpeg

Email received 5 days before embarkation day (almost time)

IMG_9178.thumb.jpeg.55981ee6c7f54333fe75d25f8f03c1d3.jpeg

Email received from Captain Michele 3 days before embarkation day

IMG_9179.thumb.jpeg.0371b9742a193d3887b3fb02016fecb9.jpeg

Text received 2 days out

Captain Tuvo is a hoot! He used to work for Princess, but has moved over to MSC. He is very customer focused and will be very visible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Paul & Tim,

Hi!   I just caught up with your 'Live'.  I love all of the information and details and can already tell it will be enjoyable to follow along.  

How exciting...you will be boarding later today!   That feeling NEVER gets old!  🥳

❤️

Kelly 😃

aka CoCo 

🍹

CoCo!!  How are you?!?  
Yes, boarding today!!!  Woohoo!!!

6:15 ~ So just having my coffee.

Meeting up with Rosie on turnaround day next Saturday. 😎

Did you ever get my email?

If not I will try to find it and resend.

Edited by Stem to Stern

Rise and Shine!!

it is 6:30 am on cruise day!!🌞

On my second cup of coffee and taking it slow and easy.

Relax!😎 

Getting to the Port

I will drive DH’s Mazda CX-5.

My MINI Cooper S Convertible would never accommodate all of our cruising necessities.

Translation:  We both lack the gift of cruise wardrobe editing.  The MINI also lacks a spare tire.  

Yes, I sometimes stress about small stuff like trips across four-lane Alligator Alley that could involve road closures and detours as a result of forest fires, dense fog, and/or fatal traffic accidents.  And we haven’t even hit I-95 yet.  Now are you getting to know me a little bit better? 🤣🤣🤣

DH will navigate using Apple Maps app and/or Waze app.  I’m allowing 2.5 hours travel time to Miami., but it will likely be faster.  (Port Everglades travel is only 1:45, doesn’t involve I-95, and is soooo much easier.)

We are traveling on a Saturday, so one might like to presume that traffic will not be as much of a concern.  But it is Miami, in Florida, where many drivers have their own set of rules or were never properly schooled.  I hope to be on the road by 8:30am at the very latest.

I figure we should be on board Seascape by 11:30am.

Parking

This will be the third time we have parked our vehicle at POM Safe Cruise Parking.  This seedy self-park garage is located at 189 NE Second Avenue.  After you park your vehicle you schlep your own bags from your vehicle to the office where you check in.  Then you schlep your own bags outside and down a couple steps to the shuttle bus.  The suitcases get loaded into a trailer hitched to the back of the minibus.  Doesn’t this sound luxurious?!? 🥂😂

They shuttle you from the garage to your terminal, but not before stopping at any other terminals that other shuttle passengers need to be dropped off at.  The distance is only about two miles, but the estimated time en route can vary based on the process I just described.  It sounds a bit tedious, but this is quickly overshadowed once you catch a glimpse of your ship.  🚢😍

I booked and paid for the parking through airportparkinginc.com at a rate of $10.00 per day plus 7% sales tax plus a non-refundable $5.00 customer service fee for a grand total of $159.08.  

In the past when we cruised out of Miami on a 4-night cruise, we sucked it up and paid the $22.00 a day for the convenience of parking at the port.  This price has reportedly jumped.   The port parking option makes for a much faster getaway after disembarkation, but you do have to schlep your own bags across the street to and from the terminal.  

One good thing about the shuttle option besides the price is the fact that they do drop you and your suitcases at or very near the terminal entrance and they retrieve you from there. 

See you in Miami!!☀️👍😎

• Like 6

4 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Paul & Tim,

❤️

Kelly 😃

aka CoCo 

🍹

Hi Kelly!!!

Wishing you all a wonder-filled holiday season. 

😘🦩Rosie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

Miami on a 4-night cruise, we sucked it up and paid the $22.00 a day for the convenience of parking at the port

According to Port of Miami website parking is still $22/day (we parked here in October for Summit).  
Port Everglades had a price increase recently from $15/day to $20/day.  Park n Go its our friend.  

BON VOYAGE and see you next Saturday….lunch at Luminae!

🦩🦩

Edited by Ellesor826
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Yes, I sometimes stress about small stuff like trips across four-lane Alligator Alley that could involve road closures and detours as a result of forest fires, dense fog, and/or fatal traffic accidents.  And we haven’t even hit I-95 yet.  Now are you getting to know me a little bit better? 🤣🤣🤣

See you in Miami!!☀️👍😎

I think you are my spirit animal!  I always think of the 'what could go wrong' scenario and stress about it.

Enjoy your cruises!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, riredsox said:

This is what my MSC website says. 

Yes,, but people who are sailing in the YC and posting says it's browse only.  I am prepared to pay to upgrade to Browse and Stream for our upcoming cruise.

• Like 1

Just now, DaKahuna said:

Yes,, but people who are sailing in the YC and posting says it's browse only.  I am prepared to pay to upgrade to Browse and Stream for our upcoming cruise.

That’s not a good sign.  Always had the premium WiFi with YC.  Last sailed in September of this year on the Seaside.  

Jumped out of shower at 8:08.

DH jumped in at 8:09.

on the road at 8:49.

11:18 now waiting for more passengers to join us on the shuttle.

Got a coupon code for next time if we book firect next time.

IMG_9209.jpeg

IMG_9208.jpeg

IMG_9210.jpeg

IMG_9211.jpeg

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, hcat said:

wow.. you said 6,000 pax on Seascape.

.How many max on Summit? 

Seems hard to compare??,

Yes, I agree.  It's like comparing apples to oranges.  There are vast differences in a ship with 6000 passengers vs. one with 2000 passengers.  I'm sure @Stem to Stern is keeping this in mind while he does his comparison.

• Thanks 1