Post great deals that you just booked...

MrCruze

On 12/28/2023 at 8:10 PM, grandgeezer said:

Why would you exclude tips? For most people pay it, the people who would remove them would be accurate when it cost for total price.

Also, if you want to be accurate, it should include all other costs, such as airfare, hotel, shuttles, meals, and all other money spent to get a true cost of the vacation. In our case, it would be an extra $1,500+.

100% disagree. 
price should ONLY include the base fare. 
port charges vary, not everyone takes flights. 
price per night should only include base fare. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

100% disagree. 
price should ONLY include the base fare. 
port charges vary, not everyone takes flights. 
price per night should only include base fare. 

It should everything you have to pay, along with the base fare because you have to pay it to take the cruise. That includes gratuities, taxes and fees, and port charges. If you aren’t paying for all of these, share how you do it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

It should everything you have to pay, along with the base fare because you have to pay it to take the cruise. That includes gratuities, taxes and fees, and port charges. If you aren’t paying for all of these, share how you do it. 

Can we please not hijack and make this yet another tipping thread. Please? 

I've seen quotes like mine for 1 pax and another for 4 pax. Adding in tips just confuses the price. Put it as a separate line item if you need to see how much 18 x 1 x 13 days is for mine... .. though imo my deal being for may 2025 ... since I pay tips onboard, never before tips could easily go up again. Stating how much tips are now as a line item so you are happy might not be accurate by the time I actually cruise. Only you seem to want a separate input for tips NOW, when they could change. 

Please can we just post deals and not keep talking auto tips. Surely your math skills are enough we can be allowed to post what we are paying before we board for the cruise. And how could I possibly post other costs like flights that far out. My TA says even air2sea doesnt come out until 11 months before. I was enjoying people posting their deals. Seeing what people are doing.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Morecruisesplz said:

When the group rate is such a savings, how much obc would you expect? Pay a TA the same rate as booking direct and you might get lots of obc. (But less than the group rate discount.)

We got a good group rate on a celebrity cruise with a good amount of obc as well for 2024.      

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How come when I ask what people paid for a cruise or what they paid for a Royal Up I get blasted and told it's none of my business?

That’s wrong…if people don’t want to share that’s ok but blasting you for asking is not ok.    I’m always curious to know what deals people were able to get with booking or royal ups. 😊 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2023 at 9:50 PM, vwlmember said:

Ship: Odyssey of the Seas

Destination: Bahamas roundtrip from Bayonne

Dates: March 23, 2025

# of Nights: 7

Cabin Type: Obstructed Balcony (2E)

Total Price (inc. taxes & port charges, exc. gratuities): $1583.22 for 2 people

Average Price Per Night (per Person - USD): $113

Other Perks: $100 OBC

I booked this same cruise except date is February 16, 2025.  We have a 4D balcony for two and our price is $1769.22 through our TA.  She is giving us $100 OBC and Royal is giving us $50 OBC.  Her group rates are no longer available.

Ship: ICON

Destination: Caribbean & Bahamas

Dates: 11-2-2024

# of Nights:7

Cabin Type: OV Balcony Guarantee D2

Total Price (inc. taxes & port charges, exc. gratuities): $3232.46 (2 people)

Average Price Per Night (per Person - USD):  $230.89

Other Perks: $215 cash card, $100 SH OBC

• Like 1

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Can we please not hijack and make this yet another tipping thread. Please? 

I've seen quotes like mine for 1 pax and another for 4 pax. Adding in tips just confuses the price. Put it as a separate line item if you need to see how much 18 x 1 x 13 days is for mine... .. though imo my deal being for may 2025 ... since I pay tips onboard, never before tips could easily go up again. Stating how much tips are now as a line item so you are happy might not be accurate by the time I actually cruise. Only you seem to want a separate input for tips NOW, when they could change. 

Please can we just post deals and not keep talking auto tips. Surely your math skills are enough we can be allowed to post what we are paying before we board for the cruise. And how could I possibly post other costs like flights that far out. My TA says even air2sea doesnt come out until 11 months before. I was enjoying people posting their deals. Seeing what people are doing.

Great post.  

Thank-you OP for starting this thread.

• Like 4

Ship:  Anthem

Destination: TP - Tokyo to Seattle

Dates: April 25, 2025

# of Nights: 15

Cabin Type: 2E - Obstructed Balcony (Cove)

Total Price (inc. taxes & port charges, exc. gratuities): $2142  SOLO

Average Price Per Night (per Person - USD): $143

Other Perks: $100 OBC

Higher than my usual target pppn, but, given current price trends and the unique itinerary, and the opportunity to return to to Japan for a land trip during Sakura Season and Osaka World Expo, it still qualifies as a good deal for me. 

The B2B 12 night leg before this from Singapore was $3026 in 4D balcony or $2159 in 4U interior virtual balcony, both above my target pppn for their category.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really, if you don't like the context and way that the OP asked the question - tough.  Start your own thread and ask the better question.  But in posting, don't bring your biases unnecessarily and do answer the original question.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

It shouldn’t include it as port charges and gratuities vary depending on the ports and how many nights. 
Why would I want someone to list a cruise that includes flights?

I don’t fly, so the information is worthless. 
Data wouldn’t include variables, only base fare. 

• Like 1

Ship:  Anthem

Destination: TP - Tokyo to Seattle

Dates: April 25, 2025

# of Nights: 15

Cabin Type: 4D Balcony 

Total Price (inc. taxes & port charges, exc. gratuities): $3198.18(2 people)

Average Price Per Night (per Person - USD): $106.61

Other Perks: $250/SH OBC

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How come when I ask what people paid for a cruise or what they paid for a Royal Up I get blasted and told it's none of my business?

Sir,

Those types of questions are secret-squirrel stuff.

When you figure-out this paradox. please elucidate me.

Nice to know I am not alone in the wilderness.

😉

• Haha 1

Not to derail this thread - it is already getting some great traction, so thanks to everyone who has posted their bookings.

There seems to be a lot of questions about what to include and what not to include.  I went with including Taxes, Gratuities and Base Fare as these are items that you have to pay with final payment.  Everything else either can be paid on the ship or relate directly to your situation (which is different for everyone). 

Taxes and Gratuities also very by itinerary, so it makes sense to include them.

Again thanks everyone for the posts - the goal of this thread was to help people to consider sailings/trips that they might not otherwise.  I was actually surprised how reasonable the 13 day Vancouver to Hawaii was and thought others might like to consider it given the current pricing.

Last but not least - I cannot actually modify the original post now, so I guess it will just have to stay the way it is.  🙂

• Like 1

Up front, I will say that I am cheap.  Not frugal, just monetarily challenged so I always crunch the numbers.  We leave in 4 weeks for a cruise on the Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston.  We did this ship last May with our daughters, so we are familiar with the ship.  I booked back in November through an online TA that we have used for 20 years.  I got an inside cabin on deck 2 midship for@253@.  Add port fees, taxes, insurance and tips and it comes up to $1026.59.

Always wanted to try Celebrity.  Found a 6 night on the Constellation out of Tampa in April 2025 for $535 with inside cabin midship on deck 2.  Taxes, insurance, fees, tips, and processing fee brings it to $1316.29. 

We will drive to both ports.  Giner D's Buick gets 38 MPG.😉

5 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

It shouldn’t include it as port charges and gratuities vary depending on the ports and how many nights. 

Just using the base fare is the thing that’s useless. The biggest variable is the base fare, on a regular basis it changes daily and sometime more than once, it’s called dynamic pricing.

It doesn’t give you a true picture of what the cruise cost. Including taxes and fees gives you the true cost, the gratuities would make it even more accurate, unless you plan on stiffing the crew.

On the 15 day cruise mentioned that would add $120 p.p. which is $18 per day p.p.

If doing it your way, makes you feel like you’re getting a better deal, go for it.

50 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Just using the base fare is the thing that’s useless. The biggest variable is the base fare, on a regular basis it changes daily and sometime more than once, it’s called dynamic pricing.

It doesn’t give you a true picture of what the cruise cost. Including taxes and fees gives you the true cost, the gratuities would make it even more accurate, unless you plan on stiffing the crew.

On the 15 day cruise mentioned that would add $120 p.p. which is $18 per day p.p.

If doing it your way, makes you feel like you’re getting a better deal, go for it.

I will. Thank you. 
I have over 150 Royal cruises. 
I use spreadsheets. 
If someone doesn’t pay auto gratuities, it doesn’t mean they are stiffing the staff. 
Thanks for dropping the flight argument. 
Glad you got that one. 

• Like 1

48 responses so far

11 with unique pricing, a handful explaining group pricing or where to purchase and the usual CC Bickertons rounding out the total in the majority. Typical.    

Well, it would've been a nice idea to have a concise deals thread.  Too bad the admins can't keep this one on track like they do on the solo deals thread.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

48 responses so far

11 with unique pricing, a handful explaining group pricing or where to purchase and the usual CC Bickertons rounding out the total in the majority. Typical.    

Well, it would've been a nice idea to have a concise deals thread.  Too bad the admins can't keep this one on track like they do on the solo deals thread.

I would love tonread that solo deals thread. I looked around but could not find it. Do you mind sending the link to where it is located. Thanks so much!  Happy cruising  🛳 ☺️ 

30 minutes ago, blueslily said:

I would love tonread that solo deals thread. I looked around but could not find it. Do you mind sending the link to where it is located. Thanks so much!  Happy cruising  🛳 ☺️ 

Here you go. As you can imagine, it used to have a lot more activity than it does these days.  Solo deals hardly exist in the current fare environment on the mainstream lines.  Some folks are strictly looking for zero supplement.  I have a target pppn I'm looking for, regardless of the supplement.  

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 12:54 AM, grandgeezer said:

It is easier to compare the deals without gratuities. The gratuities for a seven day cruise are the same no matter what the ship or destination. Royal lists it without gratuities. Don't make this into another tipping thread. It is for comparing deals not how much your total bill will be.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Actually I think it should include port charges and taxes. That is the way most people have been listing it. 

On 12/29/2023 at 5:08 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

The $1583 is the group rate. 

Yes, you're correct.  I have never used a TA but checked with one who was able to secure this rate.  Now I know to ask about group rates before booking.