Disappointed on Silver Nova.

joutvs

Sitting here having breakfast in our last port before going to Florida, I analyze that this trip has been a total disappointment. The food, service and variety of entertainment does not compare to our last
journey in the dawn

I also compare our recent trip on December 5 at the crytal serenity and see that the quality of the food, fruits, and service was much better at crystal.

Cold breakfasts, slow service, lack of personalization, long waits at dinner, little variety at lunches on the terrace.

I spent the whole week looking and observing and giving the opportunity for improvements but I came to the conclusion that this new "Silversea" is far below the luxury market. I honestly feel like I'm in a celebrity boat without any differentiators.

Silversea was one of my favorites. My memories of my trips on the Dawn and spirit were wonderful. But here in Nova something as basic as hamburgers are frozen and of poor quality. The fruits don't look fresh, the mango reused... in total I don't feel like I'm in silversea.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Appreciate you taking the time to post but there/s something wrong with the format.  Did you paste it in?  I’m not able to scroll through.

You can scroll to the right, but it does need to be fixed. Basically it says the Nova isn't up to prior Silversea standards, the Royal Caribbean bean counters are in control.

I can’t fix the format, but will welcome any questions. This ship is beautiful, one of the nicest I have been. I’ll definitely would had preferred that the service and food matched the ship. 

A few pictures …

B41DE130-D382-4618-AEE0-F385B969AF4D.jpeg

F00040B2-3719-4EC5-B3EF-038B590276BA.jpeg

8539D451-44C6-46DC-87E7-75A6355AAE76.jpeg

61B6DEB9-FF54-4424-9305-BFC3AF598013.jpeg

046B00E7-B9A8-4D75-AD6C-3859AFF9F11B.jpeg

• Like 4

I appreciate your review. Your comments are becoming the norm. I hope SS can react and make the appropriate changes otherwise they will be turning off a lot of their passengers.  

the SS executive staff should go on Viking and Oceania and see how these 2 cruise lines are providing a quality product for their passengers.

It’s becoming apparent that RCI bean counters are taking away the quality that people expect on SS and if this continues will hurt SS financially in the future. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, joutvs said:

I can’t fix the format, but will welcome any questions. This ship is beautiful, one of the nicest I have been. I’ll definitely would had preferred that the service and food matched the ship. 

A few pictures …

B41DE130-D382-4618-AEE0-F385B969AF4D.jpeg

F00040B2-3719-4EC5-B3EF-038B590276BA.jpeg

8539D451-44C6-46DC-87E7-75A6355AAE76.jpeg

61B6DEB9-FF54-4424-9305-BFC3AF598013.jpeg

046B00E7-B9A8-4D75-AD6C-3859AFF9F11B.jpeg

Did the new dress code have  any effect on you?

Does this look better? Took less than a minute.

Sitting here having breakfast in our last port before going to Florida, I analyze that this trip has been a total disappointment. The food, service and variety of entertainment does not compare to our last
journey in the dawn

I also compare our recent trip on December 5 at the crytal serenity and see that the quality of the food, fruits, and service was much better at crystal.

Cold breakfasts, slow service, lack of personalization, long waits at dinner, little variety at lunches on the terrace.

I spent the whole week looking and observing and giving the opportunity for improvements but I came to the conclusion that this new "Silversea" is far below the luxury market. I honestly feel like I'm in a celebrity boat without any differentiators.

Silversea was one of my favorites. My memories of my trips on the Dawn and spirit were wonderful. But here in Nova something as basic as hamburgers are frozen and of poor quality. The fruits don't look fresh, the mango reused... in total I don't feel like I'm in silversea.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, seaver said:

Did the new dress code have  any effect on you?

The majority of passengers are very well

dressed and I believe the dress code is not affecting as fellow guest are dressing to impress. Theres a younger crowd onboard this cruise but is a new years cruise. We are doing the 7 night from Colombia to Florida. 

We have spoken to other passengers and yesterday a very nice Cuban couple compared this cruise to their last regent cruise and they had the same concerns. 

We have been on regent, seabourn, crystal, Oceania and silversea. We are not cheerleaders of any as we believe each one has the uniqueness. But we remembered silversea different. 

My experience might be different that others but I assure you the quality has gone downhill. 

We are coming back on March 31 and do hope they bring that “special luxury” back … as they will loose us as customers if not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dawntrdr said:

Reused mango?

Not a fruit expert but I’m in food and beverage industry. You can know when a fruit has been frozen and reused more than 2 times. Not that is bad just not fresh and the taste and texture is different. 

Our cruise was exactly like MBP. Also Note food was mass produced Duck “meatball” & mayo ceviche. That said personnel busting their butts. New Years Eve celebration had 100 balloons totally unsecured after “Midnight drop” many went overboard and we picked up 23 @ 7 am 1/1 and secured in Constellation lounge so they wouldn’t blow overboard and kill wildlife. When I complained was told balloons were biodegradable 😰

• Like 3

21 hours ago, joutvs said:

The majority of passengers are very well

dressed and I believe the dress code is not affecting as fellow guest are dressing to impress. Theres a younger crowd onboard this cruise but is a new years cruise. We are doing the 7 night from Colombia to Florida. 

We have spoken to other passengers and yesterday a very nice Cuban couple compared this cruise to their last regent cruise and they had the same concerns. 

We have been on regent, seabourn, crystal, Oceania and silversea. We are not cheerleaders of any as we believe each one has the uniqueness. But we remembered silversea different. 

My experience might be different that others but I assure you the quality has gone downhill. 

We are coming back on March 31 and do hope they bring that “special luxury” back … as they will loose us as customers if not. 

We are joining you on March 31 Lima to Fort Lauderdale. And we have the precruise extension to Machu Picchu.

23 hours ago, joutvs said:

Not a fruit expert but I’m in food and beverage industry. You can know when a fruit has been frozen and reused more than 2 times. Not that is bad just not fresh and the taste and texture is different. 

Example Today I came to arts Cafe and asked for one of the Cheese platters. The grapes are rotten. Meaning this was not even check before being placed on displayed. The details are very important … 
01BE88B0-F044-48DC-BB3D-0D7630600976.thumb.jpeg.30a567a48048792dee7d4e7d282bb9b7.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 12:56 PM, A Tucson Guy said:

Interesting comments- we have spent 30 days on the Nova in August and November. We felt the service and food was great. We never got a cold meal. Both of our cruises were FULL. 

To say that every cruise is different is an understatement. I was on the same luxury ship 4 months apart. First cruise was fabulous: second a disaster

i wrote to the cruise line execs with a detailed description of the issues and the names of every person on board I discussed the issues with. Not only were they appreciative, but they unexpectedly gave me a 4000 fcc that I could apply to an existing booking. My ta said “unheard of.”  I did not ask for anything or expect anything. I just wanted my next cruise to be better as I have several cruises booked with that same line.

I think it was a one-off. I never complained on cc. Wasn’t going to solve the problems and others on board might have felt differently or had different expectations

if you have a really bad experience on a cruise line you have previously enjoyed I recommend that you speak with as many execs on board possible, document the discussions and later write to the top brass 

Edited by bitob
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

That’s great you let the line know of the issues. 

SS seems to really be faltering right now. 

hopefully some of the execs will do their jobs and follow through with the right department heads in the ship and make some changes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Brad1185 said:

That’s great you let the line know of the issues. 

SS seems to really be faltering right now. 

hopefully some of the execs will do their jobs and follow through with the right department heads in the ship and make some changes. 

I will be on whisper in March and muse in June. Ray next year. I love the line but those who are disappointed can help us all by carefully documenting the issues and trying to resolve on board. If not let the powers that be know. They want to make it better. 

Imo the right approach is not to approach as a complainer but as someone who expects to cruise again on the line and wants a great experience. That’s a win win 

• Like 8

On 1/2/2024 at 10:53 AM, Brad1185 said:

the SS executive staff should go on Viking and Oceania and see how these 2 cruise lines are providing a quality product for their passengers.

I haven't been on OP's voyage but I just got off of a Viking cruise. No, Viking does not provide a product superior to the one I experienced on Silversea cruises. One 6 months ago.

• Like 1

I was on Nova for 22 days in October and November. Loved it- great food, service, entertainment, and meeting lots of people.  Better than any of my time on Crystal over 15 years.   Minor issues- no service in the show lounge, one really awful excursion, one cold entree- all shared with those in charge.   

In my travels, no ship or cruise line or hotel is always perfect.   I expect to travel again and experience other ships with Silversea. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bitob said:

Imo the right approach is not to approach as a complainer but as someone who expects to cruise again on the line and wants a great experience. That’s a win win

Agree.  How many threads on Cruise Critic start off with "my cruise was so awful that I'm never going on xxx cruise line again!"  What kind of response do they think that attitude will get from customer service or the C-suite?  "We've already lost this customer, so don't bother with them..."

• Like 6

On 1/3/2024 at 9:48 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Agree.  How many threads on Cruise Critic start off with "my cruise was so awful that I'm never going on xxx cruise line again!"  What kind of response do they think that attitude will get from customer service or the C-suite?  "We've already lost this customer, so don't bother with them..."

although true, they should care.  Not to give something to someone,  but to get it right for the line.  If Silversea wants to be luxury, they need to step it up.  You can’t be luxury just part of the cruise.  Wee just got off the Nova, it was a good cruise but not great.  Way too many mistakes, running out of food items, at times a meal came out cool to cold.  If Silversea is going to be management needs to know what is real and what is not and what needs to be fixed.

• Like 3

It’s very disappointing to hear about what seems to be a real decline in service and everything else on Silver Nova.  We sailed in September and everything  was so good it’s a real worry to read about all these issues. 

Sad to hear this. We had 11days on the Nova in November and had a fabulous time. 

It did take me a couple of days to get used to the layout of the ship but once I got used to it I enjoyed it. It would be good if the Arts cafe had outdoor seating. We never ran out of anything and the staff were lovely🛳️ x

• Like 1