Medical question

My husband and I are sailing on the Mardi Gras January 13th.  My husband had some minor surgery today and the stitches need to come out on the 16th.  Does anyone know if the ships infirmary would do this.  I know there would be a charge.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Contact info for current reservations

General reservations/customer care is not going to be able to answer that specific of a question about medical center services, at least if OP wants an accurate/reliable answer.

I would instead contact Special Needs, who are probably more familiar with medical center services or at least can get to someone who has the correct answer.

• Like 1

They will definitely do it for a fee plus supplies.  I had minor derm surgery before a cruise.  They gave me supplies and as I was with a group of nurses, I could have had one of them take them out, or wait until I got home.  But as it was a very small ship of Louis Lines (now Celestyal Cruises) and I went to the med center as a sociological investigative experiment.  It was interesting.  EM

• Like 2

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

A pair of manicure scissors and tweezers is all you need 😉 . 

Minor hiccup: Carnival has updated the Prohibited Items List and scissors are no longer permitted.

Here is the text:

Prohibited Items

• Knives, scissors and open razors. (Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Large scissors used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department but are held on board in the same manner as dive knives.)

Here is the link: https://www.carnival.com/help/3583

24 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

Minor hiccup: Carnival has updated the Prohibited Items List and scissors are no longer permitted.

Here is the text:

Prohibited Items

• Knives, scissors and open razors. (Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Large scissors used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department but are held on board in the same manner as dive knives.)

Manicure scissors are so small they wouldn't even be seen in a shower bag with all the junk.The blade is half inch teeny tiny thing. I would never go out of my way to pay to remove simple stitches but maybe I am alone in this.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, BallFour4 said:

Here is the text:

Prohibited Items

We recently sailed with two pairs of small scissors.

My friend had needed stitches in her head just before our cruise.  She brought scissors to remove them herself but the stitches were too tight for her to do so.  She just went to the infirmary during open hours and they removed them for her.  I believe they charged 100. to do so.  She submitted the claim to her health insurance when we got back and they reimbursed part.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Manicure scissors are so small they wouldn't even be seen in a shower bag with all the junk.The blade is half inch teeny tiny thing. I would never go out of my way to pay to remove simple stitches but maybe I am alone in this.

I could not agree more or be happier for you. I did not add a thing to the policy, it was to inform those that have carried them in the past to know the chance exists of having them taken.

You never know what any individual security person will confiscate. I had one take a small mini vise grip that I always carried in case I needed to make simple repairs on my CPAP or luggage. It  was less than 3" total. He said I could disable the ship with it.🤣 I said that if I could disable the ship with that tiny tool then the ship wasn't built very well to start with. He was not amused. Oh well.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Pyrate13 said:

You never know what any individual security person will confiscate. I had one take a small mini vise grip that I always carried in case I needed to make simple repairs on my CPAP or luggage. It  was less than 3" total. He said I could disable the ship with it.🤣 I said that if I could disable the ship with that tiny tool then the ship wasn't built very well to start with. He was not amused. Oh well.

I think the ability to not be amused is part of the job description of security officers. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1