Rover has arrived

30 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If this dog lives on the ship full time, then I'll be very curious how they can let the dog be a dog instead of just a full time mascot.

What are the rules on taking him off at ports? I guess they can't just walk him off when they're in Rotan or Nassau? But at least maybe he gets off a few times a week at PDCC for a good run?  

9 hours ago, acuprulez said:

Is this dog just like a crew members pet or something?

They call him crew but don't specify what he'll be doing onboard

The bigger question ... Is he part of the tip pool?  🙃 🍿

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

Just jealous of Bug Naked, the cat who travels with Captain McCue on Celebrity.  My guess is that the dog will not have access to the bridge which Bug Naked has.  That's because cats are smarter and cuter than dogs!😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

And if and when Captain Johnny comes on board to be Master of the vessel, will he bring his parrot on board?  Could be interesting.

I am thinking if the dog is a mascot, it will wander up and down the 95 corridor to let the crew pet and enjoy the dog.

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

He will need to get a helmet, leather jacket, and googles for Rover to ride on his Harley.

actually on the ship he used a scooter and I almost lost a foot in 2016 when he whizzed by fast.

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Just jealous of Bug Naked, the cat who travels with Captain McCue on Celebrity.  My guess is that the dog will not have access to the bridge which Bug Naked has.  That's because cats are smarter and cuter than dogs!😉

Yeah, Bug had to be trained what to avoid touching when she's on the bridge. Training cats is not all that easy, so props to those who did it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

What are the rules on taking him off at ports? I guess they can't just walk him off when they're in Rotan or Nassau? But at least maybe he gets off a few times a week at PDCC for a good run?  

Tony (hotel director on Anthem) told me that RC has filled out all sorts of paperwork to facilitate that.

Remember, Icon has very limited itineraries.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Agree to disagree. 😝

Golden retrievers are very smart and I also disagree because they are soooooo much cuter than any cat

• Like 9

I assure you he will have the best of everything.  Goldens live to please their owners, no matter where or what.  He'll be supremely happy and will love roaming all over CoCoCay.  I applaud them!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Poor dog, why do they do this to him? He should have a life as a dog and not as a mascot prisoned on a noisy crowded ship.

I had goldens and if given the choice of being outdoors and running around they preferred to be indoors because they love to be around people.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Just a thought-with Rover being onboard,will that encourage passengers to bring the family dog on a cruise?

I am not referring to service dogs, but pets.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

No. There has been no invitation from Royal for such a thing.

• Thanks 1