The Tribe Goes on a Cruise Carnival Celebration Jan 14-21, 2024

I'm here.  Leaving work at noon to drop my dog off at the vet for boarding.  Then packing begins. But it's supposed to be a hard freeze here in Bryan, TX starting Sunday and I'm trying to figure out what to do about the pipes and the tankless hot water heater. I'm feeling a bit stressed about this.

Our flight leaves Houston Hobby tomorrow at 11:00 AM to Miami.  My brother will be picking us up at the airport and he made reservations at some swanky Italian restaurant in Palm Beach for dinner tomorrow night.  We will stay at his house for the night and he will drive us to the pier Sunday morning!  Can't wait.

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

@BohJang safe travels. I’d love to go to a swanky Italian restaurant! We are in Mission and also expecting a freeze. Our neighbors are still in Iowa so we picked their oranges for them today.

Thanks.  Stay warm

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BohJang said:

I'm here.  Leaving work at noon to drop my dog off at the vet for boarding.  Then packing begins. But it's supposed to be a hard freeze here in Bryan, TX starting Sunday and I'm trying to figure out what to do about the pipes and the tankless hot water heater. I'm feeling a bit stressed about this.

Our flight leaves Houston Hobby tomorrow at 11:00 AM to Miami.  My brother will be picking us up at the airport and he made reservations at some swanky Italian restaurant in Palm Beach for dinner tomorrow night.  We will stay at his house for the night and he will drive us to the pier Sunday morning!  Can't wait.

Nice - can you please send the swanky Italian leftovers to me?

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

@BohJang you can let a few faucets barely drip and make sure you open cabinet doors where pipes are located along exterior walls OR you can turn off the main water supply to the house and then open all faucets to drain them.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to drain my landscape sprinkler pipes!!

• Like 3

Just now, TravelE said:

@BohJang you can let a few faucets barely drip and make sure you open cabinet doors where pipes are located along exterior walls OR you can turn off the main water supply to the house and then open all faucets to drain them.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to drain my landscape sprinkler pipes!!

Thanks - that's what people here are telling me also

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BohJang said:

Thanks - that's what people here are telling me also

Other options include, having someone close keep an eye on the situation. Or cutting power to the hot water heater and turning off your water at the meter and draining the pipes.

• Like 2

Just now, mkcurran said:

Other options include, having someone close keep an eye on the situation. Or cutting power to the hot water heater and turning off your water at the meter and draining the pipes.

Thank you.

• Like 2

All checked  into my flight for tomorrow with Alaska.

Usually people grab the exit rows seats now  because the prices go down after check in time starts. But for some reason only one out of six exit seats have been purchased.😉

Edited by AmyJA
  • Like 8
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, deedle910 said:

So jealous ! Yall have lots of alcohol and bad decisions for me! 

I can't even imagine the shenanigans if you and I were on this one, too!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Mommapadraig said:

@BohJang safe travels. I’d love to go to a swanky Italian restaurant! We are in Mission and also expecting a freeze. Our neighbors are still in Iowa so we picked their oranges for them today.

Oranges? In Mission, TX?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

These kids today have a different abbreviation for everything... I still remember the good 'ol days of writing in cursive.

the good news is that if we don't want the kids to know what we're writing, we can just write in "code" (ie:  in cursive!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Etta1213 said:

Oranges? In Mission, TX?

Oh yes - lots of good orange trees in The Valley. I have a friend down there that lives in the middle of an orange grove; always fresh squeezed juice at her house. 😊

• Like 2

Just now, Haljo1935 said:

Oh yes - lots of good orange trees in The Valley. I have a friend down there that lives in the middle of an orange grove; always fresh squeezed juice at her house. 😊

Sounds wonderful🤗

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

Ok, I'll bite. What or who is the Tribe?

Forum " Friends of Cruise Critic"

Topic -  "The Tribe"

A guy from Atlanta, nicknamed sid_9169, writes fun reviews, developed a following. The friendships survived COVID, etc. This is the first time a bunch of them are cruising together. Lots of us couldn't come on the cruise but feel connected. Really neat group of people. Welcome!

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1