Any Celebrity fans left in here?

zitsky

41 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I was on the Eclipse and enjoyed it.  No it wasn’t perfect.  Anyone have anything nice to say about Celebrity?

constructive criticism should always be encouraged. We have done 5 cruises on X since the restart most recently Reflection Transatlantic had a great time on all of them. 

• Like 3

We have enjoyed our last couple of cruises but that there have been noticeable differences. We cruise different cabin types from veranda to suite depending on what deal we get or what we are celebrating. Have been a couple of the RC ships but for about the last 6 years have pretty much been sticking with Celebrity. Not against sailing on another line, just haven't ventured in that direction in a while.

54 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I was on the Eclipse and enjoyed it.  No it wasn’t perfect.  Anyone have anything nice to say about Celebrity?

A cruise is ultimately what you make of it. 

Regular cruisers just need to step onboard with realistic expectations these days. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Moby Jones said:

A cruise is ultimately what you make of it. 

Regular cruisers just need to step onboard with realistic expectations these days. 

I’d say not just regular cruises.  Even some frequent cruisers need to be patient.

I still enjoy a lot about Celebrity and it is one of the top cruise lines I check before deciding on the next one.  We had an amazing time on the Xpedition in November and a great cruise on the Eclipse last May.  On the Eclipse, even though we were in an interior stateroom, we had one of the best room stewards we have ever had and our waiter went out of his way to accommodate my food allergy.

Not a cheerleader at all, but just believe the hefty increases need to actually be worth it.  My December cruise on Beyond was worth the price for the Retreat, but other services were diminished, most likely due to it being a Caribbean cruise with a different demographic onboard resulting in my personal decision to never book another Caribbean cruise.  Also, I shop around and pay attention to prices from many different cruise lines, rather than just booking Celebrity.  I really like E-class ships and hope my cruise in May will be enjoyable, not to mention the other three I have booked into 2025, including another cruise line.

Going on an Equinox cruise in March.  It will be the first cruise since Covid.  We are going with the attitude that we will have a great cruise just like we have always had.  We loved our other cruises, and we can’t wait to get back!  

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I am a fan of the E class ships and the crew  who are always accommodating.

Not a fan of the decisions made by the current management team.

The reduced service levels and increased price gouging is annoying but I'm still looking forward to my March 16 cruise on the Apex.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have changed from being a huge, very loyal fan to being someone who will enjoy the parts of Celebrity that are still awesome,  like the staff, but for the first time in around 30 years will consider other lines as well when choosing a cruise.

• Like 7

I love the cruisers who book suites for a couple of months each year. Especially with the hefty price increases.   They helped raise the stock price to over $120 a share.  

• Haha 1

Currently have 4 Celebrity cruises booked, probably cancelling one because of the timing.  

I was on Beyond in January 2023 and experienced the food cutbacks first hand, it was pretty bad in the OVC, and the one time I was in a MDR it also was not good and left before desert was offered, the vibe around the ship was also off, hard to explain... I did have a nice vacation and for the most part enjoyed myself.  I have a upcoming March cruise on Beyond again and am really looking forward to it, so hopefully it won't be a disappointment.  I'm not a Suite guest (yet) so the butler situation is a mute point for me, I'm not sure I'd even use a Butler so probably a no issue for me.  I really like the E-class ships so all my future bookings are on them.