The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday February 9th, 2024

kazu

My medical appointment was at a new, purpose-built facility housing specialty offices spread over three floors. One checks in at a central reception desk and is then directed to one of nine "pause areas," three per floor.

It is not clear to patients whether "pause area" is a euphemism for waiting room, or whether one is supposed to pause there and then go somewhere else.

The upshot: doctor said, "You're fine. Go home."

In unrelated medical news, my nose does not look nearly as bad as I thought it would.

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

My medical appointment was at a new, purpose-built facility housing specialty offices spread over three floors. One checks in at a central reception desk and is then directed to one of nine "pause areas," three per floor.

It is not clear to patients whether "pause area" is a euphemism for waiting room, or whether one is supposed to pause there and then go somewhere else.

The upshot: doctor said, "You're fine. Go home."

In unrelated medical news, my nose does not look nearly as bad as I thought it would.

I've not heard of or seen "pause rooms." Seems to be another thing more complicated than necessary, but hopefully it's effective to the ones that matter.

Good news about getting sent home 😉

• Like 11

Good afternoon, 

It's been a full day today and even yesterday. DS got the range hood and sink in yesterday but I had to wait until today to use the sink. Now my kitchen is all stainless steel and I love it. PT was fine yesterday but I was feeling it this morning. This morning I got brownies made, did a walk, and then headed into the potluck for the widow's support group I'm part of. It's very much a social group and there weren't that many there today but a reporter and photographer from  our local newspaper was there to do a story so that was nice. I got a few groceries done as well while I was in town. 

This afternoon has been cleaning out my car and getting read to head to Canada for the day tomorrow. A friend and I are going up to have a visit with my 97 year old DM. She wants me to clean her jewelry and clean a couple of cupboards for her and we'll go to a local pasta restaurant for lunch. It will be a full day as I'll leave by 9 AM and probably not get home until 5:00 PM or later but that's ok - nothing planned for Sunday! 

Have a great rest of the day! 

Karen

• Like 20

Have not visited Guernsey,  stayed several  days on Jersey many years ago when we lived in the UK. 

Hope all  dailyites have read the book, "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society", especially those who have visited Guernsey.  Well worth reading.

Rain began during my walk this morning, computer tells me it will clear in an hour........we will see.

@StLouisCruisers  hope your DGD accepts your kind offer, and quickly finds suitable alternative  accommodation.

Best wishes to everyone on the care list.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good evening. An update on the situation in Philadelphia from Wednesday. On a happy note, both police officers are now released from the hospital and are recovering at home.

The sad news is that the 6 missing family members remains have all been recovered.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 11

greetings from Koningsdam.  We were trying to get on the tender at the time of the earthquake.  Made for a bit of difficulty.  We had a snorkeling adventure today.  I bought a waterproof pouch for my phone to take pictures, but it was darn near impossible.  I got a couple shots.

IMG_3220.thumb.jpeg.46346c2c0a27bf2e2f0a793742a8bb92.jpeg

IMG_3209.thumb.jpeg.000b86862feb862e209f42cf3b5801dd.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Well, I did delete the job offer from the UK company.  Not sure how long things stay in the deleted file, but it is empty.  I think the odds are that it was an honest mistake.  I suspect either the applicant or offeror will follow up and contact each other this Monday or Tuesday without any help from me.  Not sure that Tia really wants to know that she just offered a truck driving job with her company to an 84 year old man who lives near Seattle, Washington, USA.

Ray

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

40 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Well, I did delete the job offer from the UK company.  Not sure how long things stay in the deleted file, but it is empty.  I think the odds are that it was an honest mistake.  I suspect either the applicant or offeror will follow up and contact each other this Monday or Tuesday without any help from me.  Not sure that Tia really wants to know that she just offered a truck driving job with her company to an 84 year old man who lives near Seattle, Washington, USA.

Ray

Hoping if Tia was having an off moment at the keyboard and wants to fill the position, she will reach out. If not, Board24 needs a new Recruiter.

Tia might find it difficult explaining your long commute...

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

It's been a full day today and even yesterday. DS got the range hood and sink in yesterday but I had to wait until today to use the sink. Now my kitchen is all stainless steel and I love it. PT was fine yesterday but I was feeling it this morning. This morning I got brownies made, did a walk, and then headed into the potluck for the widow's support group I'm part of. It's very much a social group and there weren't that many there today but a reporter and photographer from  our local newspaper was there to do a story so that was nice. I got a few groceries done as well while I was in town. 

This afternoon has been cleaning out my car and getting read to head to Canada for the day tomorrow. A friend and I are going up to have a visit with my 97 year old DM. She wants me to clean her jewelry and clean a couple of cupboards for her and we'll go to a local pasta restaurant for lunch. It will be a full day as I'll leave by 9 AM and probably not get home until 5:00 PM or later but that's ok - nothing planned for Sunday! 

Have a great rest of the day! 

Karen

I'm very happy you are so pleased with your new kitchen.

27 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Hope you all had fun 🤙🏻

Brenda, lets say it was an interesting afternoon.  The tour was all right, but we could have skipped the coffee tasting tourist trap.  The problem was with the ShoreEx guy.    He didn't organize the different groups into separate groups.  Once the buses were loaded, he has people leftover.  It was 30-45 minutes before it was sorted out and he released the buses.  HAL problem, not the tour company's.  We saw some places we missed in previous visits.

Lenda

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I'm very happy you are so pleased with your new kitchen.

Brenda, lets say it was an interesting afternoon.  The tour was all right, but we could have skipped the coffee tasting tourist trap.  The problem was with the ShoreEx guy.    He didn't organize the different groups into separate groups.  Once the buses were loaded, he has people leftover.  It was 30-45 minutes before it was sorted out and he released the buses.  HAL problem, not the tour company's.  We saw some places we missed in previous visits.

Lenda

Oh too bad!  So disappointing,  we were guessing you went to a coffee plantation.

@dfish yikes on the tender loading!  I thought your photos were pretty decent!  Did you go to Kahuluu?  

We got a new snorkelling camera but it was still too rough yesterday but I’ll show you one photo.  

Hope you saw the whales, they were really active around noon.  They were saying hello! 

We watched you sail off into the sunset along with a nude photo shoot on the beach, lol! 

IMG_0570.jpeg

DSC_1673.jpeg

DSC_1664.jpeg

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0601.jpeg

IMG_0605.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, superoma said:

I am certain the company is legitimate, graham, but the email may well not be. It could be spoofing the real company and loading malware on the device which opens it. I would go one further than @rafinmdand snail mail a printed copy to the company address with an explanation. We have a huge problem on this side of the pond with bad emails. Our recent hospital cyberattack was a perfect example. The email that was opened looked very legitimate but the virus or malware it loaded took down three hospitals since they share the same IT company. Can’t be too careful these days.

I agree.

The company is legitimate but obviously we don't know if the email is from them.

UK Companies usually scour job site agencies CVs for recruiting staff and it would be easy to misspell an email and it would be sent to the wrong person.

It does seem strange an English company sending a job offer to a wrong email address without interviewing and confirming the job applicants details first.

In Rays case I would not open a link if he had not applied for that job.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6