Rita's Cantina Radiance

Still called Rita's Cantina on twin sister Serenade.  But it became just a bar on the side there, no food, and the tables were simply occupied by pax from the WJ.   

Recently, just after sail away for the WC...they turned it into a health drink/fruit and veggie smoothie bar.  Actually very good!  But has not been an actual Rita's for some time, though the signage is still up.  Kind of a failed venture.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I believe Rita's was a fish place first (Alaska itinerary) but neither of the venues made it...MEH !!

I remember "Sea View Cafe" on deck starboard side, which is now Izumi on all four sisters.  Really good onion rings...  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

I remember "Sea View Cafe" on deck starboard side, which is now Izumi on all four sisters.  Really good onion rings...  😉 

Yes, I also remember Sea View Cafe...but that's not the venue I was referring to in my post.

• Like 1

Currently on Radiance, no Rita’s Cantina, it’s just a bar with seating now, but they do have two restaurants that were not on the Jewel or the Serenade when we were on them in the fall. The Dog House which is outside the WJ where there’s usually coffee and tea on the other ships and Samba Grill which is on 12 where Izumi is located on the other two ships. Radiance has Izumi in the back of the WJ on the opposite side from where Rita’s was. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I believe the Seaview Cafe used to be where the Brazilian steak house is now on Radiance,  anyway.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I was on the first sailing of Radiance.  Popped into the Sea View Cafe several times for a late night snack.  😋

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I was on the first sailing of Radiance.  Popped into the Sea View Cafe several times for a late night snack.  😋

Loved their Cuban sandwich and chili.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

How is that Brazilian steak house, anyway?  I've never seen it on any other ship. Thinking about booking it when we cruise Radiance later this year.  FWIW....we are meat lovers.  

Samba Grill... Meat lover here also, we have had it several times on Allure and it was very good. They had a very good salad bar that I mostly skipped and just filled up with the meat.  Did save a little room for a chocolate desert.  As I remember it they came around the table every few minutes with new offerings.

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I miss the Sea View also!  I am not a fan of Izumi, not my interest.  Sea View was a real hidden gem.

3 hours ago, RoperDK said:

How is that Brazilian steak house, anyway?  I've never seen it on any other ship. Thinking about booking it when we cruise Radiance later this year.  FWIW....we are meat lovers.  

We enjoyed it on the Radiance.  It was so much meat and we just ended up sharing each meat choice.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, STEVE-O said:

I believe the Seaview Cafe used to be where the Brazilian steak house is now on Radiance,  anyway.

Hmmmm...strange change out.   That is where Izumi is on the other sisters....so now I guess Izumi is aft of the WJ where Rita's was.   Must be an odd set up.   I don't like where Izumi is on Odyssey either...both would have too much pass by foot traffic.  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hmmmm...strange change out.   That is where Izumi is on the other sisters....so now I guess Izumi is aft of the WJ where Rita's was.   Must be an odd set up.   I don't like where Izumi is on Odyssey either...both would have too much pass by foot traffic.  

Izumi is on the right side, the old Rita's was on the left side.  At one point during the Alaska season, they taped new signs over the Rita's signs and tried to turn it into a seafood restaurant about 8 years ago.

• Like 1