Does Coastal Kitchen have a dress code?

I’m on the Anthem of the Seas now. Men have been wearing shorts and a nice shirt in Coastal Kitchen for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

A few more pants than shorts, but only due to the weather. Sailing from Bayonne NJ in February is very chilly! 🥶

There is no dress code so shorts would be okay.  With that said, most men will wear pants and a collared shirt. I was on Harmony a month ago and we ate dinner in CK for 4 nights. My experience was that I saw a couple of men in shorts but that was all.  For breakfast and lunch, it's more casual. 

4 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

There is no dress code so shorts would be okay.

Suite passengers receive a letter from the concierge and in the letter the concierge requests you to wear smart casual clothes. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

There is a dress code. The dress code is smart casual. Some people don't honor the dress code and it is not enforced, but that is the dress code. 

And my idea of smart casual is a nice pair of shorts and a nice button up dress shirt.    

84EB8CC8-57F1-4E8D-92CF-EF387C9C26B4.png

• Like 3

Just off Symphony.  Dined in CK 5 nights.  Most men wore casual long pants and a nice shirt.  I actually do not recall shorts and/or tees at dinner.  Just to "fit in" if that is important at all, no shorts would be my recommendation, even if RCCL does not enforce any dress code.  BTW, almost nobody dressed up for the two Formal Nights in CK. 

• Like 2

Shorts and a collared polo all 4 nights for me a few weeks ago on Allure--absolutely no issues. Also agree not one suit/tux in CK on formal night.

Edited by chfenton
adding more info
  • Thanks 1

Just to add further..and maybe its pedantic..but there is Not a dress code for the MDR or specialty restaurants with the exception of barefeet and tank tops.

Per the RCCL web site FAQ's -there are "suggestions" for various nights...casual, smart casual and formal.  But you also know they are only suggestions and not a dress code as the very next paragraph says and I quote-

Main Dining Room/Specialty Dining Venues

Bare feet are not allowed at any time in any venue and tank tops are not permitted in the Main Dining Room or Specialty Dining venues for dinner.  That is the extent of what is not permitted under the dress code.

6 hours ago, chfenton said:

Just to add further..and maybe its pedantic..but there is Not a dress code for the MDR or specialty restaurants with the exception of barefeet and tank tops.

Per the RCCL web site FAQ's -there are "suggestions" for various nights...casual, smart casual and formal.  But you also know they are only suggestions and not a dress code as the very next paragraph says and I quote-

Main Dining Room/Specialty Dining Venues

Bare feet are not allowed at any time in any venue and tank tops are not permitted in the Main Dining Room or Specialty Dining venues for dinner.  That is the extent of what is not permitted under the dress code.

In our experience Royal often interprets things very differently world wide.

In relation to what you have found above we have often seen people in bare feet in the MDR on Florida departing cruises but also then experienced formal attire enforced in our native UK and the Far East with Royal. 

If you have any self pride, you dress accordingly. 
if you’re a slob, you dress accordingly. 
Some dress in between. 
It’s actually up to you. No one’s going to throw you out. 

(But watch out for the side eye from the Pinnacle couple in the tuxedo and satin ball gown…). 😉

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, HicksRA said:

(But watch out for the side eye from the Pinnacle couple in the tuxedo and satin ball gown…). 😉

vera.jpg

Edited by F27TW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Some dress in between. 

I think it's more of a cultural thing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Some dress in between. 

👍

22 hours ago, Bead Pirate said:

We had a couple of Pins wear shorts & T-shirts in CK for dinner on Formal night this week ...

There was some discussion at the door, but the staff relented...

of course they relented,  after all, PINS..........

16 hours ago, Tin can said:

but also then experienced formal attire enforced in our native UK and the Far East with Royal. 

We've sailed out of the UK numerous times and have never seen formal attire enforced.  What cruise did this happen on?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas/things-to-do/coastal-kitchen

Officially it's "Smart Casual" which leaves it open for interpretation.  

CK does not follow the daily ship dress suggestions i.e. - Dress Your Best or "formal" nights.  It's always smart casual.

CRAVINGS FROM THE COAST

Exclusively for suite guests, Coastal Kitchen fuses Mediterranean influences with farm-fresh flavors from California. Filled with Pacific Coast favorites and Med-inspired entrees, the menu here rotates to spotlight delicious, seasonal ingredients. And you can pair every bite with a glass or bottle of wine off a list that includes vintages from the sun-kissed valleys of Napa to the golden-green hills of Tuscany.

ATTIRE

Smart Casual

RESTRICTIONS

Access to Coastal Kitchen is reserved exclusively for guests staying in qualifying Suites. Pinnacle Club members may enjoy meals in Coastal Kitchen, subject to availability.

NOTE

Reservation Recommended

MENU HIGHLIGHTS

Start your day with one of the delicious offerings from Coastal Kitchen’s breakfast menu — like a filling frittata with feta cheese and spinach, decadent French toast with syrup and caramelized bananas, or a light Mediterranean plate of pan tomàquet, hummus, prosciutto and Manchego cheese. During lunch, try the signature Margherita flatbread, heaped with Buffalo mozzarella, vine-ripe tomato and fresh basil, or a tender herb-crusted chicken breast paired with roasted squash, Provencal tomatoes and tangy lemon essence. And at dinnertime, start with an order of Escargots a la bourguignonne in simmering butter with garlic and parsley. Then try the Roasted veal tenderloin, served in a vin jaune sauce with green pea puree, sweet caramelize onions, and fava beans. End your meal on a sweet note with fresh hand-cut seasonal fruit or an airy rosewater Panna cotta with kiwi coulis and almond tuile.

PRO TIP

The menu at Coastal Kitchen rotates frequently; allowing you to try different delights throughout your cruise.

• Like 1