Mariner tiles

Posted (edited)

We got a card to get one on our next cruise. They didn’t have any on the Volendam Tales of the South Pacific last fall. This was a first!!

Edited by dchip

1 hour ago, dchip said:

We got a card to get one on our next cruise. They didn’t have any on the Volendam Tales of the South Pacific last fall. This was a first!!

We got such a card on our January 2023 Panama Canal cruise. Redeemed it in November 2023.

• Like 1

Mariner status and tiles are not a big deal to us but tiles were left in our cabin in January.  I don't remember when on the cruise they were given.  If you are concerned you might ask your cabin steward.  Cherie

• Like 2

4 cruises in 2023 and we got the same 150th anniversary tiles on each of them, missed out on the ones with the ship! On the last one we also got a nice 150th anniversary "limited edition" medallion (metal), same as what many crew were wearing, that was being sold in the Gift Shop for $25! Our room steward mentioned that only some in the Neptunes got them, not sure how it worked.

Hoping to make up the "proper" tiles in the next 4 booked to Mar 2026 now.

7 minutes ago, packedandready said:

This will be our first cruise with HAL. Would like a tile as a newbie. Does everyone get one, or just certain levels? Will be in a Neptune Suite, if that matters.

You should get a tile .If not ask your room steward for one 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, packedandready said:

This will be our first cruise with HAL. Would like a tile as a newbie. Does everyone get one, or just certain levels? Will be in a Neptune Suite, if that matters.

The tiles are for people who have sailed on HAL at least once before. 
OR, if you have ever sailed on any other cruise line in the Carnival family of lines, then you can be considered a one star Mariner and receive a tile. 

If you meet the second criterion, but not the first, have your TA submit the info on your prior CCL cruise to HAL so your Mariner number can be issued. Then you get a tile. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On Zaandam in September (10 days New England & Canada), we also received a card stating they were out of tiles and suggesting we present the card on our next cruise to receive them. 

No Mariner lunch event on that cruise, either, other than a glass of champagne with a few senior officers the first day.

10 hours ago, packedandready said:

You have to have 1 star status. If you have cruised with any of HAL's sister lines (Princess, Seabourn, Carnival, Costa, Cunard, P&O, or AIDA) you are entitled to one star status.

That gets you the tile, embarkation lunch in the dining room, and a cocktail coupon. The website says that you are enrolled automatically. This is not strictly correct. To be safe, call the Mariner Society at:

1‐800‐547‐9139

They will add you. You can probably fib if you don't qualify. It would take more time to look you up with another line's customer database than a tile is worth. They might ask for a ship and sailing date.

They make nice coasters. I've seen photos where they were used to make trays, back splashes, shelves, and even a table.

13 hours ago, packedandready said:

As others have noted, you can get one star status with a cruise on another Carnival line. I did this. I emailed the Mariner society and provided the Mariner numbers of my daughter and myself and provided the details of the cruise we took on carnival (ship name, dates sailed, and cruise name (Western Caribbean, in my case)). You coud provide your "loyalty" number instead but I didn't have access to my daughter's, if she ever got one. I don't think I ever got an email response back but the one star status was noted on my HAL account very soon after. 

Posted (edited)

Has anyone cruises in 2024 and received a different tile from the 150th Anniversary series?  I received that tile last May.  Would like to get a tile of the Rotterdam ship that we will be on this coming May.

On 3/2/2024 at 9:36 PM, packedandready said:

I did not receive one on my first HAL cruise, although I had sailed with both Carnival and Princess at that time.  My parents, who were also sailing, were star members.  They gave me a tile.

23 hours ago, POA1 said:

They make nice coasters. I've seen photos where they were used to make trays, back splashes, shelves, and even a table.

I have posted my tile collection before (some from my parents days, and one from my grandparents.)  They have changed since I took this photo.  I know have the 150th tile in place of one of the duplicates.  And a N. Statendam tile in place of a duplicate.

TILES.jpg

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I wish they had a “no tiles, please” list so we wouldn’t have to keep returning them to the cabin stewards at the end of every cruise.  It’s especially bad on B2B cruises because they give you tiles at the end of every leg.

If I never got another tile I would be thanking Holland America!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Real NHDOC said:

I wish they had a “no tiles, please” list so we wouldn’t have to keep returning them to the cabin stewards at the end of every cruise.  It’s especially bad on B2B cruises because they give you tiles at the end of every leg.

If I never got another tile I would be thanking Holland America!

I agree though I personally love the tiles. I think if they gave us coupons to go pick them up at a designated place and designated times it might save the stewards some work.

For me,if people I meet on a cruise don’t want theirs many times they have given them to me. I have a total of 6  from this cruise (1 of mine and 5 from others). Makes me a happy camper. 

3 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

I agree though I personally love the tiles. I think if they gave us coupons to go pick them up at a designated place and designated times it might save the stewards some work.

For me,if people I meet on a cruise don’t want theirs many times they have given them to me. I have a total of 6  from this cruise (1 of mine and 5 from others). Makes me a happy camper. 

Yes, I agree.  If there is anyone who doesn't want their tiles on my Volendam June 01 or June 08 cruises let me know and I will be able more than happy to take them.

Thanks, happytotravel

• Like 1

Why not post on your roll call prior to leaving letting people know that you will be happy to give them your tile?  One year I posted on this forum that I would like to give mine away and someone in Canada asked for them because they were tiling a shower with HAL tiles.  You could make someone very happy.  Cherie 

We just got off the Nieuw Statendam last week and received a note that, because of supply issues, they are temporarily suspending the distribution of the tiles. We have the option of saving that note and getting a tile on a future cruise.

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2024 at 6:19 AM, Caribbean Chris said:

On Zaandam in September (10 days New England & Canada), we also received a card stating they were out of tiles and suggesting we present the card on our next cruise to receive them. 

No Mariner lunch event on that cruise, either, other than a glass of champagne with a few senior officers the first day.

This was what happened on our cruise in September...

may have been the same cruise (if you were on the Sep. 3 cruise from Montreal that missed St. Anthony due to weather and Bar Harbor due to an as-yet unsatisfactorily explained scheduled maintenance delay...yes, I am STILL bitter about that).