Onward balcony furniture

Mrmatt

37 minutes ago, Mrmatt said:

Has the plastic chairs on the Azamara onward been replaced with chairs of comfort?

AKAIK they has not. 

We were on three legs of the world cruise, from January 18-March 1st and those dreadful chairs were there the whole time. Has anyone hopefully said they plan to replace them?

I know this is a little thing, but it makes me sad to read the lack of interest in investing in new balcony chairs. They were promised ages ago and still nothing. Why the heck don't they listen to their guests and sort it out? It's very poor. 

I'm not long back from finishing a cruise on Journey. I'm going to sit and gather my thoughts fully, but this Azamara trip was not the best. Too many signs of cutting back and they seem to be resting on their laurels, offering the same old. No signs of forward investment. This Onward balcony chairs situation is a very good example of my fears for the future. 

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I know this is a little thing, but it makes me sad to read the lack of interest in investing in new balcony chairs. They were promised ages ago and still nothing. Why the heck don't they listen to their guests and sort it out? It's very poor. 

I'm not long back from finishing a cruise on Journey. I'm going to sit and gather my thoughts fully, but this Azamara trip was not the best. Too many signs of cutting back and they seem to be resting on their laurels, offering the same old. No signs of forward investment. This Onward balcony chairs situation is a very good example of my fears for the future. 

Phil 

Looking forward to your thoughts, Phil. 

We are currently on Quest in the middle of 26 days and starting to gather our thoughts. Some in the same vein. 

• Like 2

I think it all depends on your “shape” but we found them so uncomfortable when we sailed on Onward. We were assured by Tony the Hotel Director they were temporary with the correct chairs being in a container in Shanghai 

Surely if they were unable to find said container replacements should have been sourced by now. 

• Like 2

I think the balcony chairs are insulting. I spoke with Elizabeth and she begrudgingly sent up two plastic white nights chairs to make it slightly more comfortable. I would try to avoid the Onward honestly just because I like to sit on my balcony. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I think it all depends on your “shape” but we found them so uncomfortable when we sailed on Onward. We were assured by Tony the Hotel Director they were temporary with the correct chairs being in a container in Shanghai 

Surely if they were unable to find said container replacements should have been sourced by now. 

I heard also heard Tony say that but that was the Xmas cruise back in 2022/23.

• Haha 1

My next Azamara cruise is out of Miami . I think I'll go to the dollar store and buy a fold up beach chair and bring it on board with me.  Increasingly, I am needing to supply some very basic supplies when cruising Azamara. (decent wine, decent vermouth, high quality nuts and other snacks). Add one more to the list. 

• Like 1

It IS very disappointing!  
When we sailed on Oceania in November for a TransAtlantic, we had very comfortable chairs that were a pleasure to sit in and we spent hours on our balcony reading and watching the ocean.  The sea conditions were such that it was one of the highlights of our cruise and just couldn’t compare to the experience of the balcony chairs on Onward.  
We will not cruise on Onward.  We avoid it.  The balcony furniture on the other Azamara ships is better but nothing like the comfortable furniture on Oceania.

• Like 1

Just now, Grandma Cruising said:

We’ll be on Onward for the first time in September. Could someone post a photo of the chairs, so we know what to expect.

IMG_0577.thumb.jpeg.ebed9a6220b02040cc76bdd8dae8997b.jpeg

The same chairs are used in the Pool Bar.

• Like 1

The onward has those chairs because during covid, when the ship moved from Princess to Azamara, the original chairs were unavailable.  They were able to buy these chairs.  We've been on the Onward twice and while not the most comfortable, IMHO, they aren't as bad as others suggest.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, macmax said:

I heard also heard Tony say that but that was the Xmas cruise back in 2022/23.

Tony told us the same thing back then, and we've sailed with him for years. I hate being told something untrue to my face.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tgg said:

Tony told us the same thing back then, and we've sailed with him for years. I hate being told something untrue to my face.

That was a long time ago and was likely true at the time, or at least what the HD was told by whoever in admin was responsible. 

It may have been the intent back then that they were temporary, but if there were supply problems and in the absence of many formal complaints, the powers that be may have decided to save money by abandoning the replacements.

Who knows, but there's no need to be so aggressive in criticism of fault when no one knows the whole story. 

The more 'official' complaints they get, perhaps they'll re-evaluate the priority. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have managed to solve the problem completely by booking an inside cabin. Only booked now because the itinerary and date works for us. Usually cruise older smaller ships on NCL, Princess or Celebrity. On all the lines basic WiFi, alcohol, entertainment and bathrooms are infinitely better than Azamara. The service is maybe not quite as good but for the price difference I'll cope. Yes Azamara has better food but if I want really good food I will stay home and let DH cook.

• Haha 3

We've established that Tony said the new furniture was coming, but no one has any evidence that he knew any different so claiming he lied is unfair and a GR violation.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2