The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday March 22nd, 2024

kazu

15 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

A new thread about an explosion this morning on the Nieuw Statendam.  Terrible news!

The original poster got it wrong.  It's the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Quote:

"It’s actually on Nieuw Amsterdam. I’m onboard now  At about 9 am the fire alarms and crew alert went off.  The captain came on and indicated we had a steam leak and they were evacuating some crew cabins above the engine rooms.  At about 10:15 they gave the all clear.  At about 3, the Captain came on and said two crew members had been killed.  Some of the crew say they were inspecting a steam line when it exploded.  We are being held in half moon cay pending coast guard investigations."

Thank you.  So sad to hear that two crew have lost their lives 😢. Prayers for them and their families 🙏 

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am sad to hear of Kate's cancer diagnosis and send my prayers up for her, too. 🙏

I've been thinking for weeks that I wish everyone would get "off her case" about staying in the background since her abdominal surgery.  They should have just left her alone, and I hope some of the conspiracy theorists are ashamed of themselves for spreading rumors about her.  She's entitled to her privacy as all of us are.

I thought her video was very well done.  And so cleverly timed as the children are now out of school and they will not be faced with school mates questions.  I so agree with you on the conspiracy theorists.  I know the regular media will respect their wishes.  I hope the paparazzi do too 🤞 

My prayers for her and her young family 🙏 

• Like 23

What a terrible day; first the Princess of Wales reveals a cancer diagnosis, and now to hear that 2 crew members of the Nieuw Amsterdam have been killed in an onboard explosion.  

Heartfelt prayers for a full recovery for the Princess, and for the souls of those killed and for all who knew and loved them.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Prayers for Catherine

Princess of Wales who is undergoing Cancer treatment.🙏🙏

Graham, people all around the whole world will be praying for your beautiful Princess of Wales.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

What a terrible day; first the Princess of Wales reveals a cancer diagnosis, and now to hear that 2 crew members of the Nieuw Amsterdam have been killed in an onboard explosion.  

Heartfelt prayers for a full recovery for the Princess, and for the souls of those killed and for all who knew and loved them.

That is awful news about the 2 crew members on Nieuw Amsterdam.

Condolences to their family and friends.

• Like 15

Posted (edited)

Yikes such terrible news!   I am so saddened to hear of the loss of life of two crew members, how tragic! 

And the awful news for our Princess of Wales and her young family.  I have been upset about the bullying nature of the media.    A cancer diagnosis is always hard to process with out such intense scrutiny.  

We so enjoyed seeing her and Prince William when they visited Alberta on their honeymoon.  Wishing her and her family, all the best and the time and space to receive treatment and heal. 

image.jpeg.fc0aeeeab1462e71fb59fa7545e9bf3a.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I know and news is also sad for the two wars and the USA elections and well just so many sad stories on the news.  I thought Kate did the right thing and talk directly to the camera and I liked her comment about "you are not alone"  I think she recover nicely.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bennybear said:

Yikes such terrible news!   I am so saddened to hear of the loss of life of two crew members, how tragic! 

And the awful news for our Princess of Wales and her young family.  I have been upset about the bullying nature of the media.    A cancer diagnosis is always hard to process with out such intense scrutiny.  

We so enjoyed seeing her and Prince William when they visited Alberta on their honeymoon.  Wishing her all the best and the time and space to receive treatment and heal. 

I feel for William right now.  His father and wife ill. and issues with Harry.  My goodness he needs some prayers too.

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I feel for William right now.  His father and wife ill. and issues with Harry.  My goodness he needs some prayers too.

Thank you.

I absolutely agree.

Prayers 🙏 for Prince William and his young family.

• Like 17

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

I absolutely agree.

Prayers 🙏 for Prince William and his young family.

aw see you are a diamond plus on RCI and proudly display it too.  Good to try various lines.

I am going on new Icon in early May and can't wait to see that ship.

Toodles

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I am so sorry to read of the cancer diagnosis  of the Princess of Wales. I thought it terrible how people hounded her. I agree with Brenda, cancer is hard enough to deal with without adding stress from outside.

The news of the ship explosion and the death of two crew members is so sad as well. 
Take care everyone.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

aw see you are a diamond plus on RCI and proudly display it too.  Good to try various lines.

I am going on new Icon in early May and can't wait to see that ship.

Toodles

We made Diamond plus on Vision of the seas in a Junior Suite from Dubai 10 years ago.

We are Elite on Princess and soon to be Caribbean loyalty on P&O.

We like to try different cruise ships and  cruise lines too.

Icon is massive and looks amazing.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise.

I just wish HAL sailed from Southampton England our favoured departure port because we have never sailed with them but would have sailed many times with them if they did.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

I am so sorry to read of the cancer diagnosis  of the Princess of Wales. I thought it terrible how people hounded her. I agree with Brenda, cancer is hard enough to deal with without adding stress from outside.

The news of the ship explosion and the death of two crew members is so sad as well. 
Take care everyone.

Thank you Terry.

Prayers 🙏 for Tana and yourself.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Oh, wow!   I was really hoping for a better day today, but the news has not been good.  Healing thoughts go out to Princess Catherine and condolences to the crew of the Nieuw Amsterdam and the families of the deceased crew members.  What a horrible accident!

It is still snowing here, but is supposed to stop around 7 pm.  We have rescheduled Farkle to tomorrow night.  Sue should have no problem picking up River as they did not get much snow further north.  Tomorrow's forecast is for mostly sunny.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the kind thoughts about my dad on what would have been his 98th birthday. He was a very good person with a heart of gold. His favorite phrase was "quit mucking around" and he could fix anything! 

In the Skagit Valley right now the daffodils are out and I treated myself to a drive this morning. Here are a couple of pictures of a couple of the fields. Today was overcast and not too many people out. Sunday is supposed to be sunny and it will be busy out there. I will stay home! 

Karen

Image(14).thumb.jpeg.9889f039155c4d265fb15ce0183e1a3f.jpeg

Image1(6).thumb.jpeg.84d0b0f8a22f41d7c7ec92803751d2a2.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@grapau27  Graham and Pauline, I too was saddened and shocked to learn that the lovely and vibrant Princess of Wales was diagnosed with cancer.  I hope the surgery removed all the cancer cells and that the chemotherapy eradicates any stray cancer cells.  Sending positive thoughts that she makes a full recovery and has a long and happy life with her family and eventually as your Queen.

Lenda

Well said Lenda. Such a lovely woman. In my prayer book.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Thank you for the kind thoughts about my dad on what would have been his 98th birthday. He was a very good person with a heart of gold. His favorite phrase was "quit mucking around" and he could fix anything! 

In the Skagit Valley right now the daffodils are out and I treated myself to a drive this morning. Here are a couple of pictures of a couple of the fields. Today was overcast and not too many people out. Sunday is supposed to be sunny and it will be busy out there. I will stay home! 

Karen

Image(14).thumb.jpeg.9889f039155c4d265fb15ce0183e1a3f.jpeg

Image1(6).thumb.jpeg.84d0b0f8a22f41d7c7ec92803751d2a2.jpeg

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

Oh my, so much going on in the world today, and I was out of the loop until now.

Prayers for the Princess of Wales as she fights cancer. Her frank talk was brave and i hope she can undergo her treatment and recovery in peace. Prayers for her and her family.

Then the steam line bursting on NA, and the death of 2 crew members. Prayers for their families, and the other crew.

And the shooting at a concert in Moscow, with 40 killed and over 100 injured. 

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 16

Well, I am scheduled for surgery likely on April 22.

The surgeon didn't think another injection would be of benefit long term. There are 2 types of surgery. One involves a big incision, and to get to the area of interest a lot of muscles have to be peeled away from the spine. As a result that area may remain weaker and movement of the vertebrae may occur. The other procedure is more minimally invasive and  involves a tubular retractor being inserted through a small incision and tools being passed through that. I chose that one, as did the doctor.

Regardless, no driving for 2 weeks. No bending, twisting and no lifting more than 5 lbs for 6 weeks. No PT for 6 weeks. 

I need to get bloodwork, CXR and EKG done, as well as a pre-op exam by my PCP. And check with my Cardiologist and Rheumatologist. Fun times!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 14

2 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

The surgeon didn't think another injection would be of benefit long term. There are 2 types of surgery. One involves a big incision, and to get to the area of interest a lot of muscles have to be peeled away from the spine. As a result that area may remain weaker and movement of the vertebrae may occur. The other procedure is more minimally invasive and  involves a tubular retractor being inserted through a small incision and tools being passed through that. I chose that one, as did the doctor.

Regardless, no driving for 2 weeks. No bending, twisting and no lifting more than 5 lbs for 6 weeks. No PT for 6 weeks. 

I need to get bloodwork, CXR and EKG done, as well as a pre-op exam by my PCP. And check with my Cardiologist and Rheumatologist. Fun times!

I'm so sorry to read this. I hope this surgery is what you need to resolve your issues.  You'll be in our thoughts for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.  🙏 

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

P pray this will give you permanent relief! 

• Like 15