Royal Caribbean Announces New Beach Club in Cozumel

yet another way to get more money for Royal.

But I can not blame them as so many folks are not happy with the quality of beaches and the vendors bothering you.  A nice controlled area would be nice just hope they have vendors with manners and nice stalls for us to go up and shop.

• Like 1

I am looking forward to going to the upcoming Beach Club in Nassa, and now this one in Cozumel. I am also looking forward to seeing Carnival's Celebration Key in Freeport.  

I assume this will be free like Labadee and Coco Cay, but with special areas and excursions with significant upcharges.  I'm fine if this is the case, if I can get a free lounger and lunch, I'd be very happy to do this in Cozumel.  Looking forward to hearing more about this!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Phamer55 said:

I assume this will be free like Labadee and Coco Cay, but with special areas and excursions with significant upcharges.  I'm fine if this is the case, if I can get a free lounger and lunch, I'd be very happy to do this in Cozumel.  Looking forward to hearing more about this!

I would assume that it will be more like the Royal Beach Club on Paradise Island (Nassau) opening next year(?). Last I read, that will be an extra fee. Basically, I think RCI is looking to take an extra cut of the "beach day" excursions to other private beach areas.

Here's the RCI site for the PI one:

https://royalbeachclubatparadiseisland.com/

And here's a RC Blog article:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-beach-club-paradise-island

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Phamer55 said:

Fat chance, this will come with a price tag for a day pass

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, Phamer55 said:

I would expect there to be a hefty fee at this resort as well as the resort in Nassau   There is no indication that it will be complementary. There was another article written by a blogger that indicated there would be an admission fee. 

The only thing you might get for “free“ is to be able to use your drink package or vouchers.

m

35 minutes ago, Phamer55 said:

If it’s like the new yet to be built beach club on Paradise Island in Nassau then it will be an extra cost. It will not be included in the cruise fare like Labadee or Coco Cay. The new beach club at Paradise Island has a certain amount of spaces available and have to be reserved ($$$$$). 

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I wonder if your drink package will work here like on PDCC

2 hours ago, Phamer55 said:

PDCC is not a common enough phrase that  deserves an abbreviation. Cococay, Bahamas, private island, maybe even CC. Perfect day is a description that RCL is trying to brand and you bought into. 

Free? You really  believe that? You are CEO and how would you explain that expenditure without charging a fee to the shareholders?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, jerryg95 said:

PDCC is not a common enough phrase that  deserves an abbreviation. Cococay, Bahamas, private island, maybe even CC. Perfect day is a description that RCL is trying to brand and you bought into. 

Free? You really  believe that? You are CEO and how would you explain that expenditure without charging a fee to the shareholders?

PDCC is a well recognized and often used abbreviation on this and many other cruise boards. It is also used on travel booking sites listing cruise itineraries 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 2

I didn't even know there was a club being built in Nassau. Now Cozumel as well 🙄. Good for folks and/or families who will use it and enjoy it. But me personally, not that interested in going to Nassau or Cozumel on a large portion of my cruises. I walked around Perfect Day at Coco Cay once, it was wonderful but that was enough. If I wanted a beach vacation, I'd have booked a nice hotel somewhere in the Caribbean. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Wonder where they are going to put this.

We have thought the same in our house.  Are they are buying a current location such as Paradise Beach and adapting it, or buying empty land and starting from scratch. 

Posted (edited)

Whatever happened to the Royal Beach Club that was supposed to be built in Antigua?  It was announced back in 2019, put on hold during the shutdown and the latest google search has an article from Sept 2023 stating that construction was to begin in 2024.

Words like "hope" and "expect" get tossed around in the 2 articles below, making it sound less than definitive.  They also mention cost is greater than initially expected. I wonder if Cozumel is an alternative?

https://antiguaobserver.com/royal-caribbean-to-spend-more-than-us100m-on-beach-club-at-fort-james/

https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-lines-antigua-beach-club-2024/

Edited by HBE4

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have thought the same in our house.  Are they are buying a current location such as Paradise Beach and adapting it, or buying empty land and starting from scratch. 

I pulled this off a search. 

The Royal Beach Club Cozumel will feature swim-up bars, relaxation and family pools, restaurant with bar and lounge, private cabanas, street market, snorkeling, kayaking, hands-on experiences like tequila tastings and cooking classes, and more.

More details about Royal Beach Club Cozumel will be revealed in the coming months.

Royal Caribbean Beach Club Paradise Island opens in 2025.

The new Antigua Beach Club development will take place on a beachfront area near Fort James that is around half a mile long.  Supposed to start construction end of 2024.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Whatever happened to the Royal Beach Club that was supposed to be built in Antigua?  It was announced back in 2019, put on hold during the shutdown and the latest google search has an article from Sept 2023 stating that construction was to begin in 2024.

Words like "hope" and "expect" get tossed around in the 2 articles below, making it sound less than definitive.  They also mention cost is greater than initially expected. I wonder if Cozumel is an alternative?

https://antiguaobserver.com/royal-caribbean-to-spend-more-than-us100m-on-beach-club-at-fort-james/

https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-lines-antigua-beach-club-2024/

End of 2024.

If this is put together in a way that is more like MSC Ocean cay and not CocoCay, I would actually go.  If price was right.  We have been to Cozumel many times over 25 years via cruise and land vacations and have been a little disappointed lately in some things (taxis and gas stations) so just paying a reasonable rate and hanging for the day may be fun.  If it's near a reef and they don't have rules of snorkeling vests and no independent snorkeling, I'm there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phamer55 said:

You’ve all convinced me this is going to come with a fee. Not interested in then. 

All depends on the fee.  If you are going to enjoy a relaxing beach day it's going to cost you something... Folks are paying for Nachi Cocom and Mr Santos, why not a Royal Caribbean one that offers what those offer but allows you to take advantage of your drink package or loyalty perks.  Sounds like a winning offer to me.

• Like 3