Royal Caribbean Announces New Beach Club in Cozumel

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

All depends on the fee.  If you are going to enjoy a relaxing beach day it's going to cost you something... Folks are paying for Nachi Cocom and Mr Santos, why not a Royal Caribbean one that offers what those offer but allows you to take advantage of your drink package or loyalty perks.  Sounds like a winning offer to me.

This! Exactly how I see it. Not as a Labadee replacement but an alternative to some of the ship-sponsored beach excursions.  Pricing is key of course but with food & loungers included, it can competitive. With 3 different beach clubs in various stages of planning, Royal must be confident that'll be a popular option with passengers.

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

This! Exactly how I see it. Not as a Labadee replacement but an alternative to some of the ship-sponsored beach excursions.  Pricing is key of course but with food & loungers included, it can competitive. With 3 different beach clubs in various stages of planning, Royal must be confident that'll be a popular option with passengers.

I don't get why people spend money to be on a billion dollar cruise ship and then want to go sit on a sandy beach. However, I think I like the idea of setting up beach clubs over private destinations. This way people who want the beach can have it and those, like me, that prefer to do other things can do so. Something for everyone.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't get why people spend money to be on a billion dollar cruise ship and then want to go sit on a sandy beach

Speaking only for myself, the baby powder soft sands & crystal clear waters are so much nicer than the NJ or Long Island beaches I can drive to, although I do miss body surfing the waves of the Atlantic Ocean but those days are mostly behind this aging body.

What I don't get is why people spend money to be on a billion dollar cruse ship & then pay for a day pass to sit at a hotel pool?

• Like 7

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

What I don't get is why people spend money to be on a billion dollar cruse ship & then pay for a day pass to sit at a hotel pool?

Yeah, that too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Speaking only for myself, the baby powder soft sands & crystal clear waters are so much nicer than the NJ or Long Island beaches I can drive to, although I do miss body surfing the waves of the Atlantic Ocean but those days are mostly behind this aging body.

I also grew up on Long Island and north shore beaches weren’t great to sit by….but the Atlantic - we went to Robert Moses - was our place to be.  

I agree that the baby powder sand with crystal clear water is the best! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't get why people spend money to be on a billion dollar cruise ship and then want to go sit on a sandy beach. 

No offense, but for those who choose to cruise to Caribbean destinations, your view is decidedly in the minority. A lot of people love the beach over just about any other place to be. Of course the other factor is that many of the folks sailing the Caribbean are not on an Oasis or Icon class ships. 

Personally, I love the ships too, but I also love the sand and the sea up close.

• Like 2

I see a number of folks wondering if this is going to be a "free" option like Perfect Day or Labadee. 

There is no way this would ever happen in Cozumel. The local government and tourism boards would not be praising something that would essentially have a major negative impact on Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocom, etc. This is a new beach resort just like the existing ones, except owned by Royal Caribbean, and by the way, they own a bunch of other businesses at every port you stop at.

Not to mention the fact that to be like the private islands, they would have to build a new cruise dock. Not gonna happen, given the enormous investment they already have at the existing port facility. 

• Like 1

West side of Coz is fairly populated with beaches.  I would venture that the site could most likely be south of Palancar, but there's no access road now.  So maybe between Nachi Cocum and Iberostar.

West side of Coz is fairly populated with beaches.  I would venture that the site could most likely be south of Palancar, but there's no access road now.  So maybe between Nachi Cocum and Iberostar. AlthoughI believe there are condo developments along that stretch.  Only place near the cruise pier would be to take over Margaritaville (Jimmy no longer needs his retirement fund 😆 ) or Sunset Beach where there's not a lot of room for what hints at being planned.

4 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Only place near the cruise pier would be to take over Margaritaville (Jimmy no longer needs his retirement fund 😆 ) or Sunset Beach where there's not a lot of room for what hints at being planned.

Oh, I can assure you, Jimmy's heirs have a corporate structure in place to make sure that Jimmy (or at least his bank account) lives forever. 😁

Strangely, as much as I am fully aware that the Margaritaville brand is just that, a brand, and an overpriced brand at that, I am still a little bit of a Parrothead, and I enjoy stopping into the portside locations. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, theotherchad said:

No offense, but for those who choose to cruise to Caribbean destinations, your view is decidedly in the minority. A lot of people love the beach over just about any other place to be. Of course the other factor is that many of the folks sailing the Caribbean are not on an Oasis or Icon class ships. 

Personally, I love the ships too, but I also love the sand and the sea up close.

No offense taken. I live on the beach. I'm well aware that I have a different perspective.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No offense taken. I live on the beach. I'm well aware that I have a different perspective.

Glad to hear it! 😁 

Personally, I'm glad that folks have different preferences. If everybody liked the same things we do, then everything we wanted to do would be overcrowded and overpriced! 

Posted (edited)

I like the ocean, but hate the beach. 😁 I like scuba and snorkeling, but much prefer to do it from a boat that I got on from a pier/dock, that I got to from a paved walkway. 🤣

And have zero desire to just lay in the sun doing nothing for more than about 5 minutes.

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

I like the ocean, but hate the beach. 😁 I like scuba and snorkeling, but much prefer to do it from a boat that I got on from a pier/dock, that I got to from a paved walkway. 🤣

And have zero desire to just lay in the sun doing nothing for more than about 5 minutes.

+1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, theotherchad said:

I see a number of folks wondering if this is going to be a "free" option like Perfect Day or Labadee. 

There is no way this would ever happen in Cozumel. The local government and tourism boards would not be praising something that would essentially have a major negative impact on Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocom, etc. This is a new beach resort just like the existing ones, except owned by Royal Caribbean, and by the way, they own a bunch of other businesses at every port you stop at.

Not to mention the fact that to be like the private islands, they would have to build a new cruise dock. Not gonna happen, given the enormous investment they already have at the existing port facility. 

I can’t imagine it happening either for the reasons you stated. 

The other destinations such as Labadee, Costa May and Coco Cay did not have established activities, restaurants and tourist activities that Cozumel offers. This new idea would be in direct completion for all the island and the people. 

We will not be going to the new destination. We will go diving with the same folks as always and enjoy the wonderful restaurants, shops and wonderful people on the island.

Edited by TexCruise371
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TexCruise371 said:

We will not be going to the new destination. We will go diving with the same folks as always and enjoy the wonderful restaurants, restaurants and shops on the island.

We won't likely be going there either, because we have settled on Nachi Cocom as the vibe/price combo that we like best. Being as familiar as I am with the Royal Caribbean product in general, I can't imagine that they will curate anything like the mellow, laid back atmosphere we find at Nachi. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We went to Playa Mia and it was kind of a pit (dirty, crap food, even crappier weak drinks, REAL crowded) ... so I'd be interested in this

Edited by F27TW
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, theotherchad said:

We won't likely be going there either, because we have settled on Nachi Cocom as the vibe/price combo that we like best. Being as familiar as I am with the Royal Caribbean product in general, I can't imagine that they will curate anything like the mellow, laid back atmosphere we find at Nachi. 

Or the price point.  

m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

There are so many great options in Cozumel that I don’t see the need for this.  Now if they put one in Falmouth or Costa Maya I’d be interested. 

I don’t think I have ever seen a western caribbean cruise that did not stop in Cozumel.  I would think they are looking at maximum usage to pay for it, and profits.

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

There are so many great options in Cozumel that I don’t see the need for this.  Now if they put one in Falmouth or Costa Maya I’d be interested. 

They definitely are filling a need in Nassau with the beach club there, but yeah there are already quite a few good options in Cozumel for all inclusive beach days.  Love that about Cozumel.

Now, don't get me started about Nassau... for being the busiest cruise port it sure is SORELY LACKING in choices for good excursions, especially all inclusive beach days. (and especially for families.  Some of the few options are adults only)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

They definitely are filling a need in Nassau with the beach club there, but yeah there are already quite a few good options in Cozumel for all inclusive beach days.  Love that about Cozumel.

Now, don't get me started about Nassau... for being the busiest cruise port it sure is SORELY LACKING in choices for good excursions, especially all inclusive beach days. (and especially for families.  Some of the few options are adults only)

It's not all inclusive, but the Margaritaville Resort is not a bad option to buy a day pass for (pool and beach)

• Like 2