How quickly should your CVP call you back?

Globaler

While I usually do most things over email with my CVP, she asks for 48 hours for a return call.  However, I also put urgent or non urgent in the subject line and if it sates urgent (I never abuse that), she will get back to me that day.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

While I usually do most things over email with my CVP, she asks for 48 hours for a return call.  However, I also put urgent or non urgent in the subject line and if it sates urgent (I never abuse that), she will get back to me that day.  

Fair enough - I’ll propose that.

23 minutes ago, Globaler said:

Fair enough - I’ll propose that.

Depends on what’s going on. If there is a lot of weather and changes in cruises it could take a little longer

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, memoak said:

Depends on what’s going on. If there is a lot of weather and changes in cruises it could take a little longer

All good - she delivered and we set up the Urgent thing. 

• Like 1

Recently,after waiting 3 days for a call back, I called and left my CVP another message. She then called w/in an hour, and was apologetic. Thinking about my first voice mail that I left, maybe I didn't wait for the "if you are satisfied with your message...." so maybe the whole message didn't get recorded. Anyhow I am glad that I did call again!

I don't have a Princess CVP....but have an awesome Travel Agent (which I am unable to name on Cruise Critic).

Met a friend who came through my town on a cruise ship.  We got to talking about my favorite ship.  Got "talked" into at least looking at the next cruise she is going to be on.

Came home and researched cruise.  Texted TA at 7:30 PM on a Friday night. She placed a hold for a specific cabin by 10 PM (same day).  Received booking invoice too.  We are in different time zones.  This was her time zone stamps.  Now, that is service.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I don't have a Princess CVP....but have an awesome Travel Agent (which I am unable to name on Cruise Critic).

Met a friend who came through my town on a cruise ship.  We got to talking about my favorite ship.  Got "talked" into at least looking at the next cruise she is going to be on.

Came home and researched cruise.  Texted TA at 7:30 PM on a Friday night. She placed a hold for a specific cabin by 10 PM (same day).  Received booking invoice too.  We are in different time zones.  This was her time zone stamps.  Now, that is service.

Exactly that's service 🙂 . I always return calls and texts, emails immediately to assist. Even on weekends. Guests first. Often, flash promos or great locations don't wait until the office opens. LOL.

• Like 1

Princess cruise planners (mine anyway) is the worst in the industry.   I even look at other lines when looking for a cruise vacation.  The last time I attempted to contact her it was over a week before I received a response and the prices had increased substantially.  When I said something to her I was told that I should have contacted their 800 number for faster service.  Good luck.  

2 minutes ago, sad549s said:

Princess cruise planners (mine anyway) is the worst in the industry.   I even look at other lines when looking for a cruise vacation.  The last time I attempted to contact her it was over a week before I received a response and the prices had increased substantially.  When I said something to her I was told that I should have contacted their 800 number for faster service.  Good luck.  

You should get another CVP.

• Like 3

I agree with Lady Arwen above. I always get a call back within a couple hours. Usually less. Have had our planner for years and are totally satisfied.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sad549s said:

Luck of the draw? My Princess planner is wonderful and has been for years. The one HAL assigned to me after hubby wanted to try another line isn't wonderful at all. The only way she wants to work is for me to schedule (through a calendar link) 15 minutes of her time in advance. I'm sure that's very convenient for her, but I don't necessarily want to work at her convenience rather than my own. I won't be working with her and will be asking HAL for a different planner when I get around to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sad549s said:

I agree with you.  The one we used takes forever to call back.  If we email her, we get a standardized response about calling others.  So friends and I went back now to our original TA.  

• Like 1

I can only speak for myself, as I had never booked a CVP through a cruise line, only used one here at home. I did get one and there were 8 of us going, booking 4 rooms. She had a lot of work to get this taken care of, and if I had a question, I could either email her, or call. I KNEW we were not the only customers she had, but within a day or two, she always got back with me on whatever I needed to know. In fact I didn't have to, but after our cruise in February, I called and TOLD her how pleased I was with everything she took care of, to make our cruise an enjoyable one, from her end.

On 3/23/2024 at 9:34 AM, Lady Arwen said:

My CVP always calls back the same day and usually within a couple of hours.

Ours operates the same way.  We usually write her an email the day before we call to let her know what we are seeking to give her a heads up to research and then we get a call or return email first thing the next day.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Our PVP is great - sent email cob Friday (not urgent just wanting info some time following week), she responded via email would call me first thing Monday and 7am my time on Monday she rang and we now have another cruise booked, reduced refundable deposit and some OBC … we are happy!

Edited by Jakdgr

On 3/23/2024 at 9:43 AM, seapad said:

Exactly that's service 🙂 . I always return calls and texts, emails immediately to assist. Even on weekends. Guests first. Often, flash promos or great locations don't wait until the office opens. LOL.

Is this to imply that *you* are a CVP?  The way it reads is that this is what you do...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Is this to imply that *you* are a CVP?  The way it reads is that this is what you do...

No I am not a CVP - I have been with Princess for a couple of years and recently starting using a CVP and wanted to set expectation around response.