The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 22nd, 2024

Happy Monday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Today is sunny. Highs in the low 60s. Last night we had a frost advisory. Today I do not have to report for jury duty. A relief since it is about an hour's drive to the courthouse during rush hour traffic, I don't mind jury duty, the problem is that I am self-employed and that $9 for reporting would barely cover lunch. I start a class of 26 students. I teach the capstone class that they must take before graduation. This is the largest class I have taught so we shall see how this goes. 

Bon voyage to @summer slope

funny cruising quotes - Google Search … | Cruise | Pinte…

Happy birthday @Rowsby.

101 Funny Cat Birthday Memes for the Feline Lovers in Your Life

Thinking of all on the care list. Happy heavenly birthday to @grapau27's mam. @JazzyV, thinking of you as you head into surgery. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Earth Day Cat Glitter Graphic, Greeting, Comment, Meme or GIF

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good cold 38 degrees morning. It’s currently warmer in Juneau than it is here.

I hope today brings happy memories for @grapau27on his mam’s birthday. 
Today is a sad memory day for me, on this date in 1997 my mom passed away after a heart attack 💔

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7

Good Monday Morning Dailyites.  I will be back later to post some pictures of what we did in Mykonos, but right now, I really just need to wake up.  Neighbor told me she was taking off today and tomorrow,  but she didnt, so before I take Tigger for a vet check up, I need to walk the dog. It's sunny and 44. 

@JazzyVYou are in my prayers this morning, I hope that today's surgery goes well and solves the pain problem.  Hugs.

• Like 28

Good morning Dailyites!!!  It's a new Monday to unwrap and have fun!!!

Thank you for all the reports!!  

Someday I'll go to Greece and see all the things I've only seen in movies and photos!!!   

Happy Earth Day to everyone!! 

• Like 26

@grapau27  Happy heavenly birthday to your Mother!!!  God bless you and I pray all your memories and smiles are filling your day!!!

Happy Cruising to all who are leaving or who are on the water!!

I'm dreaming of upcoming cruises...  but am landlocked for the moment!!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Happy Earth Day!  "The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it." – Robert Swan  (first person to walk to both the North and South Poles)

The focus of the 2024 Earth Day is to end plastics for the sake of human and planetary health, with a goal of 60% reduction in the production of all plastics by 2040.

IMG_0421.thumb.jpeg.0e904f4add32a88e2807690a61787463.jpeg

Positive thought to those facing challenges.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

RMLincoln’s DSIL in hospice care

Cruising-along’s BFF’s DIL Amber with HTN, stroke, brain swelling/surgery

Grapau27’s (Graham’s) late mam’s 94th Birthday

RMLincoln driving to MD for DH’s eye surgery 4/23

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness – surgery today 4/22

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, on maximal oxygen

StLouisCruisers’ nephew Alex’s in-utero identical twins

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Summer Slope ( Dixie)!

Happy Birthday Rowsby (Sue)!

Earth Day

Passover starting at sunset

Smitty34877’s NH family visiting

StLouisCruisers stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich/Kazu are cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

5 days for Haljo1935 (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) 16d North Pacific Crossing + (May 12 to May 19) 7d Alaska (celebrating birthday on board)

Summer slope (Disney Wish to Apr 26) 4d Bahamian cruise with DGS & his parents, Lobsternight (Koningsdam to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse & Circle Hawaii, ORTravelGal (Rotterdam to May 4) 21d Atlantic Isles, Norway, Scotland, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, The Atlantic Coast), AncientWanderer (Westerdam to Apr 27) 14d Japan Discovery + (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) N. Pacific Crossing, Kazu (Volendam to May 4) 13d The Atlantic Coast, Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, VMax1700 (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 14d Canary Island Allure. Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

I am running really late, Vanessa. You are in my prayers. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good cold 38 degrees morning. It’s currently warmer in Juneau than it is here.

I hope today brings happy memories for @grapau27on his mam’s birthday. 
Today is a sad memory day for me, on this date in 1997 my mom passed away after a heart attack 💔

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

Sending you good wishes on your dear mam's 27th memorial day.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

We have a cool start to what will be a beautiful sunshiny day!  Temps will get to the mid 60s, so I am happy.  Not much on the agenda today except a trip to the gym.  I think I have everything ready for my trip to Ohio.  Lots of driving, but worth it to see friends and spend time with them.  Speaking of my trip to Ohio, @0106 Tina has graciously offered to fill in for a few days for me.  I'm not sure I'll have internet access on a reliable basis.  

@summer slope  Dixie, have a wonderful time on your cruise!

@Rowsby Happy Birthday!

@JazzyV Vanessa, you will be in my thoughts all day today.  Hoping for a great outcome from your surgery.

Hugs to all who are missing loved ones today.  

Coleslaw is a great side dish and will go very well with your summer barbecues.  Mostly I found very similar recipes.  I like the green onions in this one.  https://www.loveandlemons.com/coleslaw-recipe/

coleslaw1.thumb.jpg.c03be5733c678acea86b2d66cefee8b2.jpg

Here is one with a vinegar based dressing that helps cut the calories a lot.   https://www.billyparisi.com/vinegar-based-coleslaw/

coleslaw4.jpg.86ae60ffd30ca71ba6963f19a7724ef8.jpgcoleslaw4.jpg.86ae60ffd30ca71ba6963f19a7724ef8.jpg

And here is Blue Cheese coleslaw.  You can experiment and use other cheeses like gorgonzola.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/blue-cheese-cole-slaw-3262578

coleslaw3.jpeg.93c793754212737adf92a38b8386e328.jpeg

When I make Blue Cheese Coleslaw, I buy the pre-shredded cabbage.  To that I add some very finely sliced onion (use a mandolin) and blue cheese crumbles.  I use a vinaigrette dressing and have used the bottled dressing from Garlic Expressions.  Quick, easy, and delicious.  When I made it for the family there were no leftovers.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 15

Ok, I give up.  I've tried editing my post to get rid of the double picture, but it isn't working.  Sigh....Please tell me today isn't going to be like that.

• Like 9
  • Haha 15

Thank you Sandi, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here! 

Happy Earth Day!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 23

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Sandi. Roy, thank you for our maps. Yesterday was quite humid until the Westerlies arrived bringing dryer air. Then just as Bindi and I closed the door after our bedtime walk - the skies opened up. We need the rain, but it would be nice to spread it out a bit. Right now it is partly cloudy, but T-storms are predicted. 

Vanessa, do not doubt for a second that we are all pulling for you & your medical team. Praying that this is it!

The 8 year old is in the pool. The almost 13 year old is texting her friends. And the adults are sipping coffee. Not sure what we will do today. I suggested a cut throat game of mini golf. We shall see. 

IMG_2739.jpeg.a0e783168d63a97eedf395eb250dd8b7.jpeg

IMG_2713.jpeg.760867adb19774f86533bd230efce746.jpeg

IMG_2742.jpeg.2de610a9f3062f5be1d3cdd41c9fd10e.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers. 

Terry, thinking of you, Tana and your families. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Casado Morales 2018 Alonso López de Familia Crianza Red (Rioja)

Another lovely Spanish Rioja. Quite elusive, though I found a couple of distributors online. Everyone seemed to be offering it for $35.00 a bottle. 
94 Wine Enthusiast 

This dark-garnet-colored wine offers a bouquet of black currant, anisette and sage. Blackberry, cassis, dark-chocolate, violet and clove flavors are joined by a note of marjoram. Tannins start out feather light, slowly fill the palate, and linger for a while.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 3

🙏 for Vanessa May it be Amazing! 
Hugs to Graham and @Angelcat1 

Good luck to Roy

🎂 Sue

🛳️ Bon Voyage Dixie

Good Passover ti all celebrating! 🙏 for the Hostages

🌎 Happy Earth Day!  
Love Dr S quote❤️

Love the pictures from @aliaschief.  And Mykonos!  We visited Akrotiri ther and tge archeology museum, very impressive!  I should have taken a pic of the mules as we walked down the cliff path. That was memorable!  

No news from my family about Sister-in-law still lingering. Sigh. 

Blessing all, I’ll update later. Thanks for your support. 

Maureen 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2