The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 22nd, 2024

29 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Quick note. I survived. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. Longer and more difficult procedure. Just getting home. More tomorrow. 

Vanessa, thanks for checking in.  I'm sorry it was a longer and more difficult procedure.  The good news is you are home.  Now, let the healing begin.

Lenda

• Like 13

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

We’re in Maryland at hotel across the street from the eye surgery center. Yea! No problems really just the usual that makes a 4-hr trip take 5 hrs. The front desk charged the credit card $225 above the confirmed price, the $200 deposit and the $40 parking fee…. guy says check back tomorrow…. like I have nothing better to do tomorrow. 

Hospital changed time for surgery to 11:45, at least I’ll get breakfast!  We’re here and I’m very grateful!  

Terri, you are stronger than you realize, doing what’s very best for you and Jim!  Give yourself a big hug, we’re all with you. 

Annie, thanks for your trust to share your angst. Two things to have to do: breathe in, breathe out!  Again!  🤗. We all want Chuck to feel better. 

Roy, hope your consult was encouraging.  

Gerry, hugs to you too and also hoping for a new path for Maurice soon!  

I confused Mykonos with Santorini this morning. Guess I’m not at my best. Thanks for understanding. 

I’ll update you all, thanks for your support! Maureen 

Maureen, I'm glad you arrived safely.  Best wishes for a successful surgery for your DH.

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good afternoon, time for a quick check-in.  We went shopping this morning and after about 30 minutes DH said he was going back to the car - a signal to me he's losing ground.  I sincerely hope his case for the valve replacement is approved this week and that the surgery can be done before the end of May as was suggested.

@Cruzin TerriI'm sorry you had to cancel your trip; having had to do the same thing only a few days before departure, I can sympathize with how you must feel.  You know, though, that you did make the right decision for both of you.

@shadow 123Welcome to the Daily; we hope you enjoy your visits - you're among friends.

@Niagarawineyou made me laugh.  What most people don't know is that many of us have decoder rings in our arsenal and are able to figure out pretty much any of the typos we produce.

@kochleffelwishing you a Blessed Passover.

Looks like a bit of a storm blowing through Port Everglades right now - I missed capturing it a few minutes ago when you couldn't see even the outlines of any of the ships.  

image.thumb.png.f82c3848cf4f8693adfa4f6164233a70.png

Gerry, I hope your DH is approved for the surgery this week, amd that he gets it asap.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

New cat pictures!!  Warning, too cute!

The reds and Tigger, they get along when food is involved.

image.thumb.jpeg.abe6302333e64862eb887c48b507b1a9.jpeg

Collard Greens-the stray who thinks he owns us

image.thumb.jpeg.cefb54d15c6af599b40cedb20ac666ad.jpeg

The babies! the one on the right looks like a miniature Collard Greens, so I may call him Turnip Greens. Picture was taken on Friday, so they were 4 and a half days old.

image.thumb.jpeg.3347f3c5c78248842d4f861843e1d527.jpeg

Momma Munchkin-who would not pose

image.thumb.jpeg.cfeb795e71ee6e940d13fe577e88c485.jpeg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, shadow 123 said:

In 2017 I went on the 38 day Voyage of the Viking and spent some time in Iceland. Then last year I did the 25 day cruise to Iceland. I enjoyed it.. I just enjoy  cruising.  I love the crew on the Holland America line  .Just great... But Honestly I don't think I'd go back to Iceland again.

I had been to Iceland before as well, but really liked the number of ports.  I wish Reykjavic had been an overnight.  We enjoy cruising, but also love the nature ports.  

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Quick note. I survived. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. Longer and more difficult procedure. Just getting home. More tomorrow. 

I'm glad you are home.  Thanks for letting  us know.  We'll keep sending you healing thoughts.  Be well and don't do too much!

2 hours ago, maryandmarge said:

Hi Debbie  - Hope you and Sue are both doing well.   Funny you said you would do Iceland again - Marge and I have said the same thing since we were on that cruise with you.     Funny thing is - Holland had their 1 day deposit sale of $1 this week and we went ahead and booked the 25 day cruise to Iceland on the Volendam 7/12/25.    Now we have something great to look forward to.    Say Hi to Sue.  Take care!
Maryell 

Great to hear from you!   I wish we could swing that cruise in 2025, but we are doing South America/Antarctica in January and then Spain and a TA in November.  I think that will use up our ink supply for the money printing press in the basement.  Hi to Marge and take care!

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

New cat pictures!!  Warning, too cute!

The reds and Tigger, they get along when food is involved.

image.thumb.jpeg.abe6302333e64862eb887c48b507b1a9.jpeg

Collard Greens-the stray who thinks he owns us

image.thumb.jpeg.cefb54d15c6af599b40cedb20ac666ad.jpeg

The babies! the one on the right looks like a miniature Collard Greens, so I may call him Turnip Greens. Picture was taken on Friday, so they were 4 and a half days old.

image.thumb.jpeg.3347f3c5c78248842d4f861843e1d527.jpeg

Momma Munchkin-who would not pose

image.thumb.jpeg.cfeb795e71ee6e940d13fe577e88c485.jpeg

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

OMGOSH!! Just precious!! So cute I just want to squeeze them LOL! You’re the best ! Thanks for the pictures, and I love how eloquent you are and your fantastic attitude and positivity!!! We need more of that from everyone in this world!

🌺Mahalo

Denise🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Glad to hear from you. Take it easy.

Susan

• Like 7

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Best wishes Vanessa.

d93d124b8fd66a400597a593de9ffc10.jpg

• Like 7

Annie @marshhawk thanks for the kitty pictures!  You have your hands full!

8 hours ago, dfish said:

I had been to Iceland before as well, but really liked the number of ports.  I wish Reykjavic had been an overnight.  We enjoy cruising, but also love the nature ports.  

I'm glad you are home.  Thanks for letting  us know.  We'll keep sending you healing thoughts.  Be well and don't do too much!

Great to hear from you!   I wish we could swing that cruise in 2025, but we are doing South America/Antarctica in January and then Spain and a TA in November.  I think that will use up our ink supply for the money printing press in the basement.  Hi to Marge and take care!

Debbie, we agree with you that we like Iceland too.  In fact before Covid we had been there 3 times and since Covid have gone there in 2022, 2023 and are going again (several times actually) on our upcoming cruises (70 days).  We get 2 overnights in Reykjavik in June and July.  I'll bring some ink if we can use your money printing press, too!  LOL

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

OMGOSH!! Just precious!! So cute I just want to squeeze them LOL! You’re the best ! Thanks for the pictures, and I love how eloquent you are and your fantastic attitude and positivity!!! We need more of that from everyone in this world!

🌺Mahalo

Denise🙂

Ditto everything from DeeniEncinitas. They are beautiful and you are kind.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bennybear said:

Welcome @shadow 123   My first dog was named Shadow.  

Welcome home @JazzyV  now just take it easy!  May the healing go well! 

@RMLincoln we knew what you meant!  And you had a great excuse!  Praying all goes well tomorrow! 

@kochleffel Happy Passover,  I don’t like ginger beer so I think I’d try your version of the drink. 

@ger_77 hope you don’t have to wait too much longer for good news for Maurice! 

@Cruzin Terri sending lots of gentle hugs!  So hard! 

@marshhawk hugs! Lots of hugs!  

How do you capture the handle that way. When you mention someone by the handle It appears in blue. How do you do that?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, shadow 123 said:

How do you capture the handle that way. When you mention someone by the handle It appears in blue. How do you do that?

Start by typing the @ symbol.  Then you start typing the handle.  @sha......   a list of screen names comes up and you can choose the one you want from the list.  When you click on the name of choice in the list, you get the blue bubble.  @shadow 123.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shadow 123 said:

I see Debbie already answered you.  Thanks for asking, it really helps keep things a bit shorter.   The other trick is called multiquoting and you click on the little plus sign  beside “quote”.  Both really help those in the West read through more quickly and I really appreciate them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• LauraS locked this topic