The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 22nd, 2024

Today is Chemists Celebrate The Earth Day, Earth Day, and Girl Scout Leaders Day

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.--Dr. Seuss

Meal Suggestion for today - Coleslaw Recipe
Drink of the Day - Fujiyama
Wine of the Day - Casado Morales 2018 Alonso López de Familia Crianza Red (Rioja)
Destination of the Day - Mykonos, Greece

Today in History:
1976 Barbara Walters becomes 1st female US nightly network news anchor (ABC News)

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Huatulco, La Crucecita, Mexico Riviera 12:00 - 18:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Victoria BC, Vancouver Island Canada eta 04-26

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 04-23

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Funchal, Madeira Island Portugal eta 04-25

Noordam

Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island Hawaii 07:00 - 18:00

Oosterdam

Civitavecchia-Rome, Italy 07:00 - 19:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Brest, France eta 04-23

Volendam

At Sea Destination Newport RI, Rhode Island eta 04-24

Zaandam

At Sea Destination San Francisco, California eta 04-23

Zuiderdam

Walvis Bay, Namibia 08:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Westerdam

Sakata, Japan 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 21

Today’s Care List:

RMLincoln’s DSIL in hospice care

Cruising-along’s BFF’s DIL Amber with HTN, stroke, brain swelling/surgery

Grapau27’s (Graham’s) late mam’s 94th Birthday

RMLincoln driving to MD for DH’s eye surgery 4/23

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness – surgery today 4/22

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, on maximal oxygen

StLouisCruisers’ nephew Alex’s in-utero identical twins

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Summer Slope ( Dixie)!

Happy Birthday Rowsby (Sue)!

Earth Day

Passover starting at sunset

Smitty34877’s NH family visiting

StLouisCruisers stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich/Kazu are cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

5 days for Haljo1935 (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) 16d North Pacific Crossing + (May 12 to May 19) 7d Alaska (celebrating birthday on board)

Summer slope (Disney Wish to Apr 26) 4d Bahamian cruise with DGS & his parents, Lobsternight (Koningsdam to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse & Circle Hawaii, ORTravelGal (Rotterdam to May 4) 21d Atlantic Isles, Norway, Scotland, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, The Atlantic Coast), AncientWanderer (Westerdam to Apr 27) 14d Japan Discovery + (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) N. Pacific Crossing, Kazu (Volendam to May 4) 13d The Atlantic Coast, Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, VMax1700 (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 14d Canary Island Allure. Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 25

Good morning friends!  It has dipped to 44 this morning.  Today will be sunny and 66 degrees.  A good day to celebrate Earth Day and the beginning of Passover tonight for those who observe it.

Thanks Roy @rafinmd for the fleet location maps.  As I mentioned today we will think about the planet we live on, Earth. Also Girl Scout Leaders Appreciation day because they give up a lot of their time to see to helping educate and lead young girls.  The quote is a lovely thought, and the coleslaw recipes should be interesting.  There must be quite a few ways to make variations of that popular dish.  I have no idea what a Fujiyama is and would pass on the red wine.  Barbara Walters was an interesting lady so hurray to her on attaining that ground breaking position.  Thanks today to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reports.  Dixie is going on a Disney cruise so if there is a sub today we will want to thank them also.

Prayers abound today for our Care list people including Vanessa @JazzyV who will finally undergo surgery which we hope will eliminate all leg pain for her.  We wish you a quick and full recovery.  Also for Carolyn @Cruising-along's family member Amber who had a frightening turn and surgery.  Let us pray for improvement in her condition.  I'm thankful to hear Tana had a better time of it over the weekend and hope that continues for her.  It would be great to have her at the dinner table every day.  Safe travels today for Maureen @RMLincoln and Richard.  We hope Graham has good memories today of his late Mam on what would have been her 94th birthday.  Also prayers today for DB, twin Linda, great nephew Alex's twins, the people of Israel and Ukraine, hostages still held, and our military in the Middle East. 🙏

Cheers to all our cruisers and everyone with birthdays and anniversaries including Sue  @Rowsby.  🎂🎉🚢  Bon Voyage Dixie @summer slope.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for continuing posting the Care and Celebration lists even while having and recovering from surgery!  You are unstoppable!

The port today is Mykonos, Greece, an interesting and lovely spot to see.  Three previous showcases of that port were on Oct. 4, 2021, Aug. 27, 2022 and June 25, 2023.  Here are the links for you if you need them.  

I hope today is a successful and pain free day for us all.  Stay safe including our travelers and keep well.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 12

We've only visited Mykonos once in 2012 on Crown Princess.  I remember seeing Petros the Pelican, mascot of Mykonos.  I think he wishes he could get away from all the tourists sometimes.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKvV5uLmyXg0niVuOr04h9Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369258

Folks, could you please get out of my face?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZEwqxpZIUdSS_ek1vUpN1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369241

The "windmills" of Mykonos.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJO4PMkJ9A63YNh5mttgjOp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369314

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJF3lLjlJ8eUWQRZkPeRy-T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369367

The back alleys00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI6a0ZQlXDVKoTIBABMjJw3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369342

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcev29dqUBKaK5OryyIXEW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369356

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJORytWN7t3ECBEW-x95qkn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369396

The good...00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaBwQR1tnVAjKwarCOXjHP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369343

And not so good.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKH3SSZTNhJvI64kwLLgQNo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369420

And one of my favorite photos from our day there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLR8rByTTcjEDzC8bN8B_0b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369302

• Like 23
  • Thanks 10

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers and Roy @rafinmd for today's daily and fleet reports and locations.

It is 46°F and raining here.

3 important days today.

Mykonos Greece where the film Shirley Valentine was filmed is a lovely place to visit and we visited on Royal Caribbean Splendour of the seas.

I hope y'all have a great day.

Screenshot_20240422_102416.jpg

Screenshot_20240422_102314.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 14

42 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

RMLincoln’s DSIL in hospice care

Cruising-along’s BFF’s DIL Amber with HTN, stroke, brain swelling/surgery

Grapau27’s (Graham’s) late mam’s 94th Birthday

RMLincoln driving to MD for DH’s eye surgery 4/23

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness – surgery today 4/22

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, on maximal oxygen

StLouisCruisers’ nephew Alex’s in-utero identical twins

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Summer Slope ( Dixie)!

Happy Birthday Rowsby (Sue)!

Earth Day

Passover starting at sunset

Smitty34877’s NH family visiting

StLouisCruisers stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich/Kazu are cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

5 days for Haljo1935 (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) 16d North Pacific Crossing + (May 12 to May 19) 7d Alaska (celebrating birthday on board)

Summer slope (Disney Wish to Apr 26) 4d Bahamian cruise with DGS & his parents, Lobsternight (Koningsdam to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse & Circle Hawaii, ORTravelGal (Rotterdam to May 4) 21d Atlantic Isles, Norway, Scotland, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, The Atlantic Coast), AncientWanderer (Westerdam to Apr 27) 14d Japan Discovery + (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) N. Pacific Crossing, Kazu (Volendam to May 4) 13d The Atlantic Coast, Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, VMax1700 (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 14d Canary Island Allure. Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for mentioning my late mam's 94th birthday today.

Good luck and best wishes for your surgery today.

Graham.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

70 right now with partly cloudy skies and a high of 80, had some well needed showers come through about 2 hours ago.

Good selection of days.

The quote is good also.

I think most everyone likes Coleslaw.

We have been to Mykonos, IMHO the prettiest of the Greek Islands.

My Lightning were beat by the Panthers yesterday in game 1 of their Stanley Cup Playoff series, gotta get them tomorrow night.

Have a great day and stay well.

• Like 25

Posted (edited)

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  Happy Birthday Sue.  Happy Passover to those who celebrate including Paul @kochleffel.  Bon Voyage Dixie..  Special prayers for Vanessa as she heads for surgery.

Three great days to celebrate.  An uplifting quote by Dr. Seuss.  I have not been to Mkonos.

Barbara Walters was both a legend and a pioneer.

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Insalata Canaletto, Spaghetti with Meatballs, and Pistachio Gelato as served in MS Amsterdam’s Canaletto April 22, 2014,

A chilly to cold day here and the main thing on my agenda is my routine visit with my Oncologist this afternoon.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

This morning we transversed the Arabian Sea and just awhile ago entered the Straits Of Hormuz and will be sailing in the Persian Gulf. Lots of oilers and super oilers sightings today.

Our visit to Muscat, Oman yesterday showed a beautiful modern city that was as clean as Singapore. Eighty-five per cent of population owns their own house and the rest rent. Over 80% attend college.

After driving we drove three hours through desert like mountainous terrain where we rode up rugged dirt roads to the highest mountain in Oman and what was Oman’s version of our Grand Canyon. Very dramatic. 
We also visited a market and ancient fort. At the market we sampled many different flavored dates, spices and bought some high quality saffron and my hat and dishdasha robe which went over very well when I wore it at last night’s White Night party and buffet.

Another evening of dinner under the stars tonight.

Headed to another lecture. Thanks for report and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.5f7c50e956a096c8c450c6b6b7b86698.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.da73fdc49649dc3c239c367b2fe16605.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.697541bf4e94ef181569ab7cb8bfca8f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.862ac0d4b658b9151e7e29dc2fce2667.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9793c05cfddd615d660efac1134b4904.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5dec377a0026088b5ae439accb60c78f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ff989b248c6f6501667c4b61645df58f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bf0e636cf9108bbfee154350f2e05fb3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dcbcaaa1b944c8ff155d5f5a56ab2c91.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a86f511cc3a93fc3632e1940cbe3fb76.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ffff3ed4fab345b460cb31841fb4375c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d975ea833cb42feb83cb222ad64fe18e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b2f209bc707e7493a22fcb87c8b528aa.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 7

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Happy Earth Day. 

Happy Pesach.

Cool and clear here today.  The days are getting longer.

I like the quote.

I like coleslaw, but it's not quite a meal, just a good side dish.  I hope the drink and wine will be nice.

I've never been to Mykonos but would love to.  Thanks for the pictures.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone from a beautifully sunny, cool Boston.  Thank you for the daily updates.  A very nice day to celebrate Earth Day here.  I like the quote.  The meal suggestion would make a delicious side dish to many entrees.  Not sure about the drink.  We stopped in today’s port but due to the crowds we stayed on the ship.  Prayers for those on our prayer list and especially for @JazzyV in hopes that she has a successful surgery and a quick recovery.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events!

• Like 26

Grrrr - my post disappeared!!

I'll gladly celebrate Earth Day 🌎 and Girl Scout Leaders; I have many fond memories of my time in the Scouts and still buy their cookies. 

Barbara Walters was a ground breaker - I'm sure that wasn't easy.

I like some coleslaws so we'll see what recipes come our way. No idea what the drink is, would try the wine, been to Mykonos once (June 2017) but no pictures as they're on my computer. Thanks @Quartzsite Cruiser for your beautiful pictures.

Thanks @aliaschief for another round of fabulous pictures.  

Prayers 🙏 @JazzyV for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. 

Yesterday was a great day w/the grand. Bubbles were a huge success - DH has not lost his touch w/the ladies, lol. DGD had her face painted at the art festival - soooo cute.

20240422_055727.thumb.jpg.bea2b6ae86281c2eabedc345435b839a.jpg

Today is full of phone calls to confirm records were sent to PCP so she can complete LOA papers. Feels strange to not check messages and not set alarms for conf calls. I'm sure I'll get used to that fairly quickly though. 

Currently cool 45° headed to sunny 72°. Maybe the yard will dry before rains return on Friday.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240422_052212.thumb.jpg.7bcd698db80850ceb40b4b6379fa62fa.jpg

• Like 30