Legend of the Seas (3rd Icon class ship)

Legend was the first cruise I went on in 2016, before it was moved out of the fleet the next year.  That cruise got me hooked!  It didn't hurt that this was the first, and so far only, time I made it to Australia. I would definitely be willing to book another Legend.

• Like 2

I started my cruising life sailing on Carnival.  It was a bit startling when Carnival started reusing names.  At least they tacked on Carnival to the reused names.  Makes it easier when I am perusing the Carnival bkard to figure out if someone is reminiscing about a ship I sailed on years ago or the new version.

29 minutes ago, gatour said:

I started my cruising life sailing on Carnival.  It was a bit startling when Carnival started reusing names.  At least they tacked on Carnival to the reused names.  Makes it easier when I am perusing the Carnival bkard to figure out if someone is reminiscing about a ship I sailed on years ago or the new version.

When Carnival Freedom was here in PC...was confusing listed on the lighted direction signs...since RCI Freedom was still around.   

You would think they could come up with a tad more imagination when naming these mega $$ ships.  😉 

• Like 2

Can Monarch or Majesty of the Seas be far behind?  If the rumored Project Discovery is to be a small(er) ship-class, might as well use small ship names.

Heck, let's go way back and update some old names. "Nordic Prince of the Seas" anyone?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

When Carnival Freedom was here in PC...was confusing listed on the lighted direction signs...since RCI Freedom was still around.   

You would think they could come up with a tad more imagination when naming these mega $$ ships.  😉 

I was deep into a conversation with someone reminiscing about cruising on Liberty.  Except none of the venues she mentioned sounded familiar.  It took about 10 minutes to realize she as talking about Carnival Liberty while I was talking Royal LOS. 😆

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I was deep into a conversation with someone reminiscing about cruising on Liberty.  Except none of the venues she mentioned sounded familiar.  It took about 10 minutes to realize she as talking about Carnival Liberty while I was talking Royal LOS. 😆

LOL...reminds me of all the sequel movies, redo series, etc.   Geezz...how may different Batman, Spiderman, Superman movies have we had?  How about songs redone by many different artists?  

Apparently being original these days is no longer a thing.  😉 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Hey, I already have a crystal block from that ship....well...it has Legend on it anyway.  😉 

I miss the old Legend.  

I forget was the old Legend a Soverign, or Vision class?

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We were on Legend to Hawaii back in 2004….. it was our first long cruise (11 nights) and we went with a large group from our neighborhood….. loved that cruise!

I believe that was my first cruise; also my honeymoon. 

Honolulu on April 16th, 2004 to Ensenada.  Good times 🙂 

• Like 1

I heard this a few weeks ago while on Wonder but wasn't sure if they were referring to the next Oasis or Icon class ship. They also confirmed the "Discovery" class ships at some point. 

Would it save some money to reuse a name rather than trade mark a new name?

57 minutes ago, SB9 said:

Would it save some money to reuse a name rather than trade mark a new name?

Even Jason Liberty isn’t that much of a penny pincher where cost of the name was a factor on its use. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Can Monarch or Majesty of the Seas be far behind?  If the rumored Project Discovery is to be a small(er) ship-class, might as well use small ship names.

Heck, let's go way back and update some old names. "Nordic Prince of the Seas" anyone?

Loved Nordic. I'm onboard!

20 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Looks like RCI is stealing a page out of Carnival’s playbook and reusing a previous ship’s name for their third Icon class ship. 

Where did you get this information from or just a rumor?

7 hours ago, Southern Dan said:

I’m not a fan of reusing names…kinda lazy lol

It's all opinion, but I personally disagree; it's a way to honor your past; or for the superstitious it imbues the new ship with the luck of her predecessors. Long maritime tradition of it, for instance the US Navy is building it's third aircraft carrier named Enterprise, based on the heroics of the the WW2 ship.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I wish they reused Splendor of the Seas rather than used Star of the Seas …

I think Holland America and Princess started reusing names first.

Edited by Tatka