Backpack left on in Stateroom 2400 Venezia

6 hours ago, crazyank said:

Nope, too busy blaming the cabin attendant

Yeah, the crew member had to find it, carry it out of their area during the busiest part of their week through the ship, past hordes of guests into the crew area, full of crew, to their shared cabin, removed the "valuables", then dispose of the backpack and return to their work area, all without being noticed.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Yeah, the crew member had to find it, carry it out of their area during the busiest part of their week through the ship, past hordes of guests into the crew area, full of crew, to their shared cabin, removed the "valuables", then dispose of the backpack and return to their work area, all without being noticed.  

How dare you use logic. You're supposed to blindly accept what the OP says.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I've already taken a loss, have y'all finished kicking me already? It's not your loss, why are you guys so bent out of shape over my stuff? Can you help me get it back?  I never said the cabin steward stole my bag, I honestly don't believe there was anything in it that he would want, however the location of my backpack could have been easily overlooked by the steward.  All I wanted when this first occurred was for a Carnival Rep to have the Steward check the exact location of where I left my backpack on the same day in which I left it.  But I can clearly see how he could have missed coming across it. I used 10 Clorox wipes to clean my filthy cabin, if he didn't clean the cabin prior to me coming then chances are he didn't clean the cabin for the next guest, therefore he would have not have seen my backpack because it was not in plain view. Yes, I reported the filth to Guest Services.  Instead of giving me the beat down, be kind and help me find my bag, if you have a story like mine share it. If we live long enough we will make  mistakes, for those who have made them know how costly they can be.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lilfeat said:

I've already taken a loss, have y'all finished kicking me already? It's not your loss, why are you guys so bent out of shape over my stuff? Can you help me get it back?  I never said the cabin steward stole my bag, I honestly don't believe there was anything in it that he would want, however the location of my backpack could have been easily overlooked by the steward.  All I wanted when this first occurred was for a Carnival Rep to have the Steward check the exact location of where I left my backpack on the same day in which I left it.  But I can clearly see how he could have missed coming across it. I used 10 Clorox wipes to clean my filthy cabin, if he didn't clean the cabin prior to me coming then chances are he didn't clean the cabin for the next guest, therefore he would have not have seen my backpack because it was not in plain view. Yes, I reported the filth to Guest Services.  Instead of giving me the beat down, be kind and help me find my bag, if you have a story like mine share it. If we live long enough we will make  mistakes, for those who have made them know how costly they can be.

Help you find a backpack that you lost last year?  Reward amount?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Lilfeat said:

Maybe it was lost in the piles of dust and dirt in your unkept, filthy room. 

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 4/27/2024 at 11:13 AM, Elaine5715 said:

And, yet there is a steady stream of people walking through the halls.  B2B people (especially vloggers) use the time and open doors to video fancy staterooms.

Not to mention that someone who is fine with taking things that don't belong to them probably isn't going to be terribly bothered about being somewhere they shouldn't anyway...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hoosierpop said:

OP with a master class in trolling this thread. Well done.

Not to mention the obvious 😏 But op also just joined CC THURSDAY, apparently to post this nonsense. Mayhaps for attention or sympathy... I'm not buying this baloney. Especially waiting Allthese months afterwards. Ridiculous...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So, let me see if I have this right. OP waits five months from when the bag was left behind in the cabin, then comes here to see if we can help find it?...

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, CruisinTrkrs3 said:

Not to mention the obvious 😏 But op also just joined CC THURSDAY, apparently to post this nonsense. Mayhaps for attention or sympathy... I'm not buying this baloney. Especially waiting Allthese months afterwards. Ridiculous...

But the trolling on both sides is quite entertaining! Rumor has it the infamous backpack is now being spotted in other threads...

35 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

So, let me see if I have this right. OP waits five months from when the bag was left behind in the cabin, then comes here to see if we can help find it?...

Oh ye of little faith in the power of these message boards🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Lilfeat said:

OK, I’ll play. What would you like us to do that you yourself aren’t able, to help find your backpack? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

You also forgot, the newly created account to do this 'complaint' as well as they are a diamond member so they are obviously entitled to everything under the sun....up to and including finding their lost backpack from 5 months ago... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, hyerpraise said:

You also forgot, the newly created account to do this 'complaint' as well as they are a diamond member so they are obviously entitled to everything under the sun....up to and including finding their lost backpack from 5 months ago... 

Welllll, op's Diamond status certainly trumps our lowly Platinum, by Spades at that! I'll put up 3 CCLfannypacks for the safe return of their runaway  black backpack 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

"Do not believe everything people post on the internet".

~  Abraham Lincoln, 1935.

I believe he said this in response to a yelp review that a visit to Ford's Theatre was a must not miss experience.

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2024 at 8:34 PM, Elaine5715 said:

How is everybody missing the fact that her backpack was not in an obvious location? 🤦‍♀️ Was it ziptied to the bedsprings-false wall in the closet-cut a hole in the side of the mattress??? If the cabin steward missed the general dirt, fuzz, and grime, why would you feel the need to put your backpack in a not obvious location?🤔 There is no way a lazy steward would go out of the way to look for and take a backpack or belonging that would require bending over or a hands and knees search.

Edited by Linsuesue
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Was the Yelp review by a J.W. Booth?

But some Yelper by the handle of Mary Todd gave it 0 stars, said could NOT recommend...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have not read all the postings here, and I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not. I always take out insurance coverage when I fly and cruise. More than one time the insurance has come in handy. One time our luggage (other than what we had with us at the time) went on another ship for almost 4 days. We did get it back, but what a mess!

• Like 2