The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday May 20th, 2024

Hi! My name is Edi and I'm a Cruise addict. I just booked another cruise -- the final segment of the 2026 WC out of Lisbon to FLL. Stop me before I book again!! (No, don't.)

This makes 4 cruises that I'm looking forward to - some with other Daily-ites on board. What fun!

• Like 25
  • Haha 4

Good afternoon, 

It's a lovely day here with sunshine, blue skies and some wind. This all changes tomorrow to over an inch of rain expected so I'll enjoy it while I can! 

@Cruising-along I got my hair cut today - it was time. My hairdresser only works on Monday so couldn't postpone. 

Today was 2 water aerobics classes. Yesterday I stayed home, did laundry, changed the bedding, made cookies, and all that fun stuff. Today my mailbox contained my medallion for the Majestic Princess cruise on June 2nd so I can officially start to get a bit excited. You'd think with all the times we've done Alaska (20+) I wouldn't get too excited but I still do. It's being on the ship and having a complete change of pace. 

Off to do laundry, put a few groceries away, and then keep working on those grad cards. 

Karen

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

@marshhawk, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @ger_77, @57redbird, @Haljo1935

Thank you all for the concern towards Sam. I am so glad he rallied when we had made the decision to put him down March 4 and were able to change our mind! At some point though there will be a time when ...

Right now we take it day by day. This morning he was so silly getting us up to feed him at 6:30 this morning. Head butting me to let me know what he wanted. And I have two 25 lb. bags of food for him to finish first!

Happy to see us again after our cruise last week.

IMG_E19911.thumb.JPG.a12dd4e84d552284f5fac9dd7e3c0dfc.JPG

Great picture Sam & Jack! Glad he’s ok. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good evening, everyone!

I just paid off the two Zuiderdam cruises for August.  It feels good!   I knew it was too long to go until January for another cruise.

The only problem we are having is that they didn't apply my educator OBC.  They said I have to reverify, but the verify people say I don't.  Typical stuff.

Our friend the turkey just strolled through the yard.  I thought they had left for greener yards.  

@Heartgrove I am glad there was no lasting damage from Sam's tumble down the stairs.  He sounds like such a sweetie.

@kazu I hope you get answers tomorrow and that there is an easy and quick solution.  This has gone on way too long.

@Quartzsite Cruiser and @57redbird You are making me cringe with your dental experiences.  More power to you!

@NextOne Never stop booking those cruises!   Good for you!

Edited by dfish
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dfish said:

The only problem we are having is that they didn't apply my educator OBC.  They said I have to reverify, but the verify people say I don't.  Typical stuff.

I use a PCC.  You do not need to reverify.  You can use it more than once a year.  I booked a cruise onboard in January.  When I received my invoice, I noticed the teacher OBC was not included. I emailed my PCC, during her working hours.  Within 10 minutes she emailed me a new invoice that included the $100 OBC.  

Why does it have to be so hard?  Good luck!

Edited by 0106
  • Like 10

Good evening Daily-ites.

The last few days have been busy. I haven't totally caught up on the Daily but will get to it tonight.

Today we had the window washers, my sweet house helper cleaned all the blinds, our mosquito control folks came and sprayed, met the girls at the pool (it is 91) and just cleaned up the kitchen after making some delicious grilled tuna steaks. 

I read Vanessa's care list and hoping all our friends here get relief from their woes. I read Sam fell down the stairs and said a prayer for him too.

Take care, be safe and healthy. Blessings!!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good evening,

Happy Monday, even though it is almost over.

Still feeling under the weather.

Today, regardless of how I felt we had to move all the furniture out of the screened in porch.  The house will be power-washed tomorrow morning so that we will be in compliance with the ACC regulations.  It must be done by May 31.

This only added fatigue to whatever else is ailing me. 

So tomorrow we have to get up early since the power-washing guy will be here at 9 am.  Then in the afternoon DH has a dermatology appointment.  

So another busy day.

Hope everyone had a good day.

More tomorrow.

Terri

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

I use a PCC.  You do not need to reverify.  You can use it more than once a year.  I booked a cruise onboard in January.  When I received my invoice, I noticed the teacher OBC was not included. I emailed my PCC, during her working hours.  Within 10 minutes she emailed me a new invoice that included the $100 OBC.  

Why does it have to be so hard?  Good luck!

Well, I did reverify and it went through, so maybe I did have to do it.  The last time my PCC told me I had to reverify they wouldn't let me do it because I was still verified.  Now, this reverify that  you are a retired teacher doesn't make sense to me.  There is no way to quit being a retired teacher.  At least none that I know about.  It would make sense to need to reverify my AARP membership.  If I had one.  Anyways, I am verified and have the OBC for both segments of the cruise.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bennybear said:

@Copper10-8    😔 

Yeah; we saw it Benny! Better team won, although Vancouver made it interesting late in the 3rd! Dallas-Edmonton should be a good series but I'm rooting for a Rangers-Stars final. You must be a Calgary Flames fan 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1