Bringing Nespresso Coffee Machine on board

Hello Cruisers..

We are booked on Symphony of the Seas next June 2025 R/T from NJ to Bahamas. We normally book suites but this time we are doing 2 adjoining boardwalk balcony’s as a compromise to keep the cost down.

I didn’t realize that apparently balcony staterooms do not offer a coffee machine in the room. 

Here is the problem/ question, myself and our 14 year old son have been enjoying espresso’s (he would get decaf) when cruising in our typical suites there is one in the stateroom.

I did not see one offered in the balcony class room description when looking at amenities.

Can we bring our Nespresso machine from home to use in our stateroom with us if we sail out of NJ ( we would drive to the pier and not need to fly)

would the room steward allow this if we unplugged it when not in use?

We would clean up after ourselves once we borrowed a few cups and some cream/ sugar from the buffet the night before so it would be ready come first light.

We could always make sure the stateroom tv would be on while we are brewing our favorite flavors as to not have our neighbors hear the coffee machine brewing.

For those who regularly bring a coffee machine on board.. what advice would you offer?

we would also be ok just using it in the morning hours and maybe unplugging it and placing it under the bed or even putting it on the floor in one of the closets covering it with a in room robe that we normally don’t use.

Any thought would be helpful.. 

• Haha 11

33 minutes ago, expectthebest said:

Hello Cruisers..

We are booked on Symphony of the Seas next June 2025 R/T from NJ to Bahamas. We normally book suites but this time we are doing 2 adjoining boardwalk balcony’s as a compromise to keep the cost down.

I didn’t realize that apparently balcony staterooms do not offer a coffee machine in the room. 

Here is the problem/ question, myself and our 14 year old son have been enjoying espresso’s (he would get decaf) when cruising in our typical suites there is one in the stateroom.

I did not see one offered in the balcony class room description when looking at amenities.

Can we bring our Nespresso machine from home to use in our stateroom with us if we sail out of NJ ( we would drive to the pier and not need to fly)

We would clean up after ourselves once we borrowed a few cups and some cream/ sugar from the buffet the night before so it would be ready come first light.

We could always make sure the stateroom tv would be on while we are brewing our favorite flavors as to not have our neighbors hear the coffee machine brewing.

For those who regularly bring a coffee machine on board.. what advice would you offer?

we would also be ok just using it in the morning hours and maybe unplugging it and placing it under the bed or even putting it on the floor in one of the closets covering it with a in room robe that we normally don’t use.

It will be confiscated before even getting to your room and you will be able to.pick it up the last day as you leave the ship.  

• Like 15

1 hour ago, expectthebest said:

Hello Cruisers..

Order coffee to be delivered from room service. 

• Like 5

Hello,

The last time I saw this asked, it was followed-up with the same query on taking a microwave oven. I hope it was in jest.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

If you are planning on hiding under your bed or in the closet, you already know the answer.  NO!

You can order coffee to be delivered to cabin with no additional room service charge.

If diamond or higher go to crown & lounge or buy a coffee card for espresso, etc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

LOL.  No guest "regularly" brings a coffee maker onboard.  I do know some crew/staff have brought machines into their cabins, but pretty sure they have to be approved and inspected.   I' will say I've seen pics of the naughty tables on some ships and the things people try to bring onboard are wild.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, expectthebest said:

Don't post about it on CC unless you have a thick skin.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

However.....Ye have not because ye ask not!  I would ask the steward if you can request their machine, same as the suites have.  You just might luck out!  But it never hurts to ask.  Don't bring yours though. And there's always starbucks or Promenade Cafe coffee shop that can do espressos. What's a few bucks?

• Like 1

As a followup to the original post, I'd like to set up a small wood shop on my Central Park balcony.  I have a table top lathe and a very small table saw.  Would the my cabin attendant be able to provide a small table to place these items on.  I would tip him $20 on embarkation day if that may help.  I wouldn't use either item after 10pm or while the jazz band and singer were performing by the trellis bar... 

🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 22

39 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Picture from the naughty table on my Asia cruise. There are 2 rice cookers in this photo (but there were a lot more on the table) 😂.F9AE8CE6-073C-4036-BFDE-89683E80DBD0.thumb.jpeg.72e6dba90cf950d997408e25d5fc88c6.jpeg

What's really funny is you can get rice at any meal  in the MDR and WJ.  

• Like 1

Interesting that people are equating this to so many different power things when Royal actually supplies suites with a similar coffee maker and they also supply all cabins with a hot water pot for cruises out of England.  

Even though a coffee maker isn't allowed to be brought on, this isn't a request like a rice maker.  It's just something that is almost exactly like what Royal has.

For the OP, we asked a few people if we could get a coffee maker put in our balcony cabin, and they were quite regretful in saying no.  Even though we were asked to downgrade to a balcony cabin, and when we did, they DID give us a coffee maker in our cabin.

For the ship, the coffee maker is just like every other banned electrical item.  Even if it *might* be the same thing they provide.  It's one thing they need to make sure it's to their specs.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, expectthebest said:

Hello Cruisers..

Sorry George, but no you can’t, and by the way, I think he is quite determined to go through with it?

PS.   Best wishes to Amal. 

Edited by Jetdriver787
Manners.

3 hours ago, BND said:

What's really funny is you can get rice at any meal  in the MDR and WJ.  

They were probably using the rice cooker to melt wax for hand dipping. Saves on spa charges!

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

As a followup to the original post, I'd like to set up a small wood shop on my Central Park balcony.  I have a table top lathe and a very small table saw.  Would the my cabin attendant be able to provide a small table to place these items on.  I would tip him $20 on embarkation day if that may help.  I wouldn't use either item after 10pm or while the jazz band and singer were performing by the trellis bar... 

🙂 

A guy next to me did this and it was so annoying.  Especially the hardwoods.  The burning smell of oak and teak were the worst.  I didn't mind the cedar chair he made so much as I like the smell of cedar.  When he continued to run the lathe after 10pm I called security but they told me unless they catch him in the act there is nothing they can do.  

Every morning I had sawdust on my chairs as I was downwind.  Every morning I had to sweep up the sawdust.  I tried dumping it back on his balcony but the wind just blew it back all over me.  So annoying.

• Haha 23

So at first light in the morning you turn on your TV to “drown out the noise of the coffee maker brewing”. Your neighbors hearing your loud TV first thing in the morning isn’t a concern of yours but the coffee maker is??  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, twangster said:

A guy next to me did this and it was so annoying.  Especially the hardwoods.  The burning smell of oak and teak were the worst.  I didn't mind the cedar chair he made so much as I like the smell of cedar.  When he continued to run the lathe after 10pm I called security but they told me unless they catch him in the act there is nothing they can do.  

Every morning I had sawdust on my chairs as I was downwind.  Every morning I had to sweep up the sawdust.  I tried dumping it back on his balcony but the wind just blew it back all over me.  So annoying.

I think that may have been me in the next stateroom.  I have started a side-hustle of building custom flowboards onboard to help pay for my cruising addiction. Other riders admire my board the first day and I ask if they want to buy one.  I can't believe how popular the teak boards are.  I figured the smell of the glues I use to attach the EVA foam would be more annoying than the sawdust.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Even more annoying since they've reduced balcony cleanings to once per sailing. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jetdriver787 said:

Sorry George, but no you can’t, and by the way, I think he is quite determined to go through with it?

PS.   Best wishes to Amal. 

Part of the charm of bringing on a Nespresso machine is bringing it on riding a cool Vespa!  So continental!

• Haha 4