Pinnacle/zeniths ?

39august

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I don’t see this pinnacle thing ending well on Celebrity..JMHO.

On our last experience on RC (Oasis) the suite lounge was full of elderly Pinnacles who camped out. I am elderly myself but have never camped out in one space on a ship. Many of them spending a big chunk of the day there….It was the only time I have ever seen an atmosphere in a lounge between suite guests and higher tier level guests. Some suite guests were coming into the lounge and finding that there were simply no seats and were (perhaps understandably) complaining to the concierge. Three pinnacles were ‘guarding’ six seats despite the intervention of the concierge. Never seen anything like this on Celebrity but there again Zeniths don’t make an effort to stand out, I wouldn’t usually have an idea in a Celebrity lounge who were suite and who were Zenith’s. Not so in our experience on RC…

I think Celebrity’s idea of deciding pre cruise is sensible. As people on other threads have said, the Retreat lounge is often quiet and extra guests don’t matter but it is at least then protected from an overload…

If Pinnacles are not allowed in and Celebrity know it perhaps they will set up an alternative venue/part venue a few times a cruise? It could be a reasonable compromise to set up something similar to what used to be the Elite event in the Sky Lounge…

We are D+ and E+ and never likely to make top tier on either so no axe to grind…A difficult decision to make for Celebrity…Reward the loyal customers by allowing access or protect those who have booked a suite room…Hopefully, they will find an acceptable compromise.

Looking forward to seeing responses. Our next cruise is on Reflection. On our last cruise on this ship Michael’s Club was far more busy than we had ever seen before. We assume because there are so many more suites. It didn’t spoil our enjoyment of the lounge but certainly some nights it could not have taken any more guests and drinks service was slower. The only criticism we would make is that on this cruise the concierge staff were far less ‘personal’. No time to ask guests how their cruise was going etc, they just constantly had queues…Hopefully as they make their decisions they will take into account factors such as number of suites.

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 4

We have cruised with Celebrity for over 30 years and we are Zeniths who only sail in suites. 

We were so pleased when Celebrity re admitted Zeniths into the Retreat Lounge and very much enjoyed being able to again enjoy being able to drop in and out for a quiet drink with Zenith friends who were not travelling in suites in the Retreat Lounge in pleasant surroundings without fighting for a seat in more crowded venues. 

The return of Zeniths to the lounge did not seem, to us, to create overcrowding or to diminish the experience of suite guests who were also enjoying the lounge. 

Hopefully the presence of folks who are cross match Pinnacles to Zenith will not change the ambience of the lounge if their numbers are low enough on a particular cruise for them to be admitted. I’m sure that they don’t have horns and I hope that they enjoy the experience as much as I have. 

Personally , when chatting to my fellow guests in the Retreat Lounge, I have never sought to identify who is a suite guest and who is Zenith but not in a suite , or who is in what level of suite. I am just so happy to have the opportunity to enjoy a lovely holiday. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I was asking about anyone who recently cruised as new Zenith. I know that availablity is determined by number of Zenith/P's on board. So again, has anyone had experience with this? I have not been on RCI since our first X cruise Dec. '17. but I do know how some P's act and about the crowding in the lounges on RCI. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 39august said:

I was asking about anyone who recently cruised as new Zenith. I know that availablity is determined by number of Zenith/P's on board. So again, has anyone had experience with this? I have not been on RCI since our first X cruise Dec. '17. but I do know how some P's act and about the crowding in the lounges on RCI. 

Not being critical but I am a bit confused. I'm not sure I understand what additional information you are looking for. It seems like your question has been answered and it sounds like it is numbers dependent, which means that it can vary by ship and sailing. If that's correct, than your experience will be determined as your sailing approaches and you will be notified as to whether or not you can attend. Other's previous experience would have no bearing on yours, unless I am missing something.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

It is much easier for Celebrity to monitor who  are allowed to the retreat lounge if they set a target of 1400 points as minimum on Crown And Anchor Society.

Any one with 1400 will automatically allowed to the Retreat instead of sending out emails to all the Pinnacles on every sailing.

Why make the life of the Concierges so miserable.

Edited by verizon

8 hours ago, chemmo said:

On our last experience on RC (Oasis) the suite lounge was full of elderly Pinnacles who camped out. I am elderly myself but have never camped out in one space on a ship. Many of them spending a big chunk of the day there….It was the only time I have ever seen an atmosphere in a lounge between suite guests and higher tier level guests. Some suite guests were coming into the lounge and finding that there were simply no seats and were (perhaps understandably) complaining to the concierge. Three pinnacles were ‘guarding’ six seats despite the intervention of the concierge. Never seen anything like this on Celebrity but there again Zeniths don’t make an effort to stand out, I wouldn’t usually have an idea in a Celebrity lounge who were suite and who were Zenith’s. Not so in our experience on RC…

I think Celebrity’s idea of deciding pre cruise is sensible. As people on other threads have said, the Retreat lounge is often quiet and extra guests don’t matter but it is at least then protected from an overload…

If Pinnacles are not allowed in and Celebrity know it perhaps they will set up an alternative venue/part venue a few times a cruise? It could be a reasonable compromise to set up something similar to what used to be the Elite event in the Sky Lounge…

We are D+ and E+ and never likely to make top tier on either so no axe to grind…A difficult decision to make for Celebrity…Reward the loyal customers by allowing access or protect those who have booked a suite room…Hopefully, they will find an acceptable compromise.

Looking forward to seeing responses. Our next cruise is on Reflection. On our last cruise on this ship Michael’s Club was far more busy than we had ever seen before. We assume because there are so many more suites. It didn’t spoil our enjoyment of the lounge but certainly some nights it could not have taken any more guests and drinks service was slower. The only criticism we would make is that on this cruise the concierge staff were far less ‘personal’. No time to ask guests how their cruise was going etc, they just constantly had queues…Hopefully as they make their decisions they will take into account factors such as number of suites.

kind of off topic.. but mentioned above :

on Oasis, the small  library was  filled to capacity with sleeping guests snoring and drooling...

Same for the upstairs lounge during the day... like the day room at nursing or adult home.  

Solarium on X similar but not as acute!

17 minutes ago, verizon said:

It is much easier for Celebrity to monitor who  are allowed to the retreat lounge if they set a target of 1400 points as minimum on Crown And Anchor Society.

Any one with 1400 will automatically allowed to the Retreat instead of sending out emails to all the Pinnacles on every sailing.

Why make the life of the Concierges so miserable.

Possibly, but it is my understanding, possibly incorrect, that when Pinnacles are allowed in the Lounge it isn’t necessarily all Pinnacles a on the sailing.     If they determine there is space for 8 on a sailing with 22 Pinnacles the number of points will determine who can use the Lounge. 

Not sure how the life of the Concierges is made miserable. 

2 minutes ago, verizon said:

So, if a X ship's Suites are completely booked and those guests want to enjoy the Retreat which they paid for, how will X deal with allowing  Pinnacles in? Zenith's already have access and the  Retreat Lounges are not large venues to begin with.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Possibly, but it is my understanding, possibly incorrect, that when Pinnacles are allowed in the Lounge it isn’t necessarily all Pinnacles a on the sailing.     If they determine there is space for 8 on a sailing with 22 Pinnacles the number of points will determine who can use the Lounge. 

Not sure how the life of the Concierges is made miserable. 

Perhaps by those Pinnacles who might be denied entry expressing their disappointment to the Concierges? 😉

Edited by C-Dragons

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Perhaps by those Pinnacles who might be denied entry expressing their disappointment to the Concierges? 😉

With the Move Up program Suite Cabins  are never empty.My bids never get accepted because I always Bided the minimum.

Edited by verizon

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, verizon said:

With the Move Up program Suite Cabins  are never empty.

???

Sorry, but my comment had nothing to do with the Move up program.

Edited by C-Dragons

38 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

So, if a X ship's Suites are completely booked and those guests want to enjoy the Retreat which they paid for, how will X deal with allowing  Pinnacles in? Zenith's already have access and the  Retreat Lounges are not large venues to begin with.

And just think of how those who paid full price per suite must put up with those who bid in the move out program and got the suite at a discount!  Horrors!

1 hour ago, verizon said:

It's much easier for Celebrity to only allow those Zenith's who earned it by sailing on Celebrity vs those who earned it through status match.   

Based on our personal experience with Pinnacles in the Suite Lounge on the Oasis class  of ships, I do not look forward to sharing the Retreat lounge with them when we are sailing in a suite.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, 39august said:

Can any new Pinnacle/Zeniths been allowed in the Retreat Lounge/Michael's Club yet and what ship, please?

On another site someone who boarded Silhouette last week reported they had access. 

Edited by little britain

11 minutes ago, little britain said:

On another site someone who boarded Silhouette last week reported they had access. 

I think they meant they had access to the Lounge.  The only way to have full access to the Retreat is to book a Suite or be sailing with someone in a Suite and have purchased the Retreat Privilage package. 

There have been some recent sailing with only a couple of Pinnacles so they may have been given access to the Lounge.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I think they meant they had access to the Lounge.  The only way to have full access to the Retreat is to book a Suite or be sailing with someone in a Suite and have purchased the Retreat Privilage package. 

There have been some recent sailing with only a couple of Pinnacles so they may have been given access to the Lounge.  

Another recent cruiser on Apex says they had full access including pool and they were not in a suite.

Edited by little britain

29 minutes ago, little britain said:

Another recent cruiser on Apex says they had full access including pool and they were not in a suite.

Maybe they didn't understand the privilege.  On E class ships once you are in the lounge (key card access) there is nothing preventing you from accessing the Retreat sundeck other than you understanding the benefit.   Zenith are not extended the privilege of use of the Sundeck, only the lounge.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Maybe they didn't understand the privilege.  On E class ships once you are in the lounge (key card access) there is nothing preventing you from accessing the Retreat sundeck other than you understanding the benefit.   Zenith are not extended the privilege of use of the Sundeck, only the lounge.

My friend on apex last week also confirmed full access and she certainly wouldn’t go anywhere she wasn’t allowed. 

Posted (edited)

I got off Apex on July 20.  If you aren't in a suite, you aren't allowed.  Now the fact that nobody stopped them doesn't mean it's allowed.    The Retreat concierge's on that sailing were some of the nicest we have com across.  Also the weather in Norway/Iceland wasn't really causing the sundeck to be used much so I'm sure they weren't going to make a scene.

Please inform your friends of the policy or have them confirm it with Celebrity as abuse of the privilege as we know will have it taken away.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Thanks 1